TheNeil

Should We Show Them How It's Done?

Hell, I hope it's not going to be just me and TheNeil or folk will talk!!

K

x

If it's just you and me, who else will know to gossip about it? :lol:

SV: If you can come along then it'd be great. No pressure and hopefully my PM will have convinced you that this isn't some sort of mad axe murderer thing :lol:

Just out of interest, does anybody know what the weather forecast is for next Saturday?

:wacko::wacko::wacko::lol:

I was going to say - It's my little 'uns birthday next Sat, and i'm attempting to organise partaaaaaay things. It's driving me nuts, and the thought of spending a relaxing afternoon with you lot sounds preferable....................even if that means hours and hours of being stuck on various motorways..........

However, having now read through this thread :wacko::blink: i think i'll brave the 15 or so hyped up little horrors instead........... :ph34r::lol::lol: .

(I have images of little groups of people wandering about muttering to themselves - looking a bit lost and confused.... :lol: )

Have fun you lot - and raise a glass, and wish M a good 'un :jester::D

Hope your ds has a lovely day Smiley :D Fab idea Bid :lol::notworthy: Dread to think how we will all know each other.....half of us don't even use our real names....beware members of the general public lurking that day, bless them, I'm sure some innocent passer by's will have us introducing ourselves to them :ph34r::blink::lol::lol: Hey ho, if it all turns pear shaped we'll all head for Smiley's :party:

The Grey's Monument area is quite big, perhaps we should narrow it down a bit and (eg) meet next to French Connection/Waterstones or whatever. Otherwise we could be wandering aimlessly around for ages till we find each other. I'm game with the Tony Attwood idea (beats red carnations and The Times any day), if everyone else is.

Karen

x

OK peeps, I'm getting the impression that Tony Attwood is going to be a way of recognising each other but, and I know this is tantamount to blasphemy, but I don't have a Tony Attwood to bring along (either in real or book form :o).

I do like the idea of narrowing down where around The Monument we'll all meet up but, as it's a few years since I was last in Newcastle, I'll claim ignorance and say that I'm not quite sure what's there anymore (Waterstones is different to Dillons isn't it? I know that there was was both but I seem to remember that Dillons got bought out etc. etc. etc.). If someone who's been to Newcastle this millenia wants to make that decision then that's fine by me.

I'm also going to pull together a list of people's mobile numbers and then PM it to everyone just in case there are any problems etc. So, sorry, but can you all stick your hands uo, say that you're coming and PM me mobile numbers. Sooner would be better than later and I know that Something Vague has suggested booking a restaurant (she's suggested an Italian place down by the Quayside). This might be a good idea given how hectic the city centre might be but we'll need to know numbers so...thinking hats on.

Six days to go...

And, just so we know what's what, I'll keep a list posted here of who's definitely said they're coming (if you have said you're coming and I've missed or forgotten, send me a nasty PM):

Me

KarenT

Something Vague

Brooke

Bagpuss (+DH)

Edited by TheNeil

You're right, there did used to be Dillons and Waterstones but now they're both Waterstones. One is on the other side of the road next to Fenwicks but I'd suggest the other, just slightly down from the Monument towards the Theatre, might be better as it gets less crowded over there (unless you're selling the Big Issue) so we'd be more likely to recognise each other.

Hey, we could even meet inside next to Tony if we don't all have copies! But I'll be sure to bring mine, I think as long as one of us has a copy we can all congretate around them.

Will pm you with my mobile number, TheNeil (as soon as I can find out what is - I don't do the 21st Century).

Karen

x

Neil,

I've just looked through the thread and I think Bagpuss is definately coming unless she's pmed u otherwise.

The trouble with meeting at waterstones (which is near the monument) is that that there are 2 of them! However If we you stand at monument so that you are looking DOWN a long bank and you look to your left there are a row of cash machines, one of the waterstones next to that, it would be a good place to meet. Will someone from the area confirm that that is a reasonable description?

The monument itself is always full of people meeting up. Its a shame we all havent got an NAS badge, that would be discreet........and I dont own a Tony Atwood either :lol::lol:

I'll be wearing a brown cord (baker's boy) hat and black coat if that helps.

SV

Neil,

I've just looked through the thread and I think Bagpuss is definately coming unless she's pmed u otherwise.

The trouble with meeting at waterstones (which is near the monument) is that that there are 2 of them! However If we you stand at monument so that you are looking DOWN a long bank and you look to your left there are a row of cash machines, one of the waterstones next to that, it would be a good place to meet. Will someone from the area confirm that that is a reasonable description?

The monument itself is always full of people meeting up. Its a shame we all havent got an NAS badge, that would be discreet........and I dont own a Tony Atwood either :lol::lol:

I'll be wearing a brown cord (baker's boy) hat and black coat if that helps.

SV

I'm 99% certain that Bagpuss (and partner) will be there (same goes for Badonkadonk) but didn't want to make any assumptions, hence the final 'hands up who's coming'

I'm also glad that it wasn't just me who knew about there being two book shops near the monument. I know which one you're on about though - the one that's nearest to the Tyne. Waterstones it is

If it helps, I'll be wearing clothes - beyond that I can't say (definitely no hat though) :lol:

Yes, me and DH are definately coming :D Havn't got a clue what we'll be wearing....depends what we find is actually clean that day :lol::lol: Don't own a Tony Attwood book either :ph34r: As for what I look like, since my hair has grown abit I look slightly less like Grant Mitchell....but not much :whistle: Looking forward to it......TN will PM you my mobile number, when I've asked DH what it actually is :wacko:B)

Looks like I'm the Tony Attwood monitor then.

I'll be wearing jeans and a brown fleece, just like I always do. Shoulder length blonde-ish hair (I'll remember to wash it so it looks clean) and specs. Gosh, I sound divine, don't I?!

I'm also likely to be prodding at a mobile phone with a "What the **** does this button do?" look on my face.

Karen

x

I've decided that the easiest way to recognise me will be to look for the man with short flat-top hair who's curled up in a ball trying to shut the world out and can be heard muttering 'What the hell did you do? Why did you open your stupid gob? Life as a hermit wasn't all that bad. Next time check with an adult first'. :wacko:

Maybe we could all wear Newcastle shirts or something. Admittedly this might mean that there are 50,000 of us turning up but we could then use that St James' doo-hickey thing place. :lol:

I've decided that the easiest way to recognise me will be to look for the man with short flat-top hair who's curled up in a ball trying to shut the world out and can be heard muttering 'What the hell did you do? Why did you open your stupid gob? Life as a hermit wasn't all that bad. Next time check with an adult first'. :wacko:

:lol::lol:

Neil,

I've got a better idea. If we all wear SUNDERLAND shirts we'll stick out like sore thumbs and recognise each other no problem :P We'll be the ones on the ground getting oor heeds kicked in by a bunch of Geordies :fight:

We'll be fine, Karen will have a Tony Atwood book, Bagpuss might have a Bagpuss bag and a husband, I'll have a hat and you wont. What could be simpler? :wacko:

SV

Neil,

I've got a better idea. If we all wear SUNDERLAND shirts we'll stick out like sore thumbs and recognise each other no problem :P We'll be the ones on the ground getting oor heeds kicked in by a bunch of Geordies :fight:

Yes that'll work - we can all meet up in intensive care :blink:

As a Middlesbrough fan I will of course have a violent reaction to this (akin to throwing Holy water onto the anti-Christ - it burns, IT BURNS!)

We'll be fine, Karen will have a Tony Atwood book, Bagpuss might have a Bagpuss bag and a husband, I'll have a hat and you wont. What could be simpler? :wacko:

That's true. You read it there people - look out for someone wearing a hat, someone not wearing a hat, someone with a book, and a woman with a bag and a husband. I can't see any problem with that and no-one in the right mind would fail to spot us. :hypno:

:lol::lol::lol:

I think I'll stand and watch from afar.....sounds like fun :lol::lol:

Sorry Mel, just read your post....didn't mean to pinch your idea :ph34r::lol: I think I'll turn up and pretend to be someone different from the forum :devil::shame::whistle:

Edited by Bagpuss

:lol::lol::lol:

I think I'll stand and watch from afar.....sounds like fun :lol::lol:

Sorry Mel, just read your post....didn't mean to pinch your idea :ph34r::lol: I think I'll turn up and pretend to be someone different from the forum :devil::shame::whistle:

Hehe, how about if you pretend to be me and I'll pretend to be you, that'll confuse them! :lol:

BTW, if you spot a mad woman peeping through holes in a newspaper and sniggering, that'll be me! :lol:

~ Mel ~

when we had our herne bay meet up i went up to 3 different people and asked if they were on the forum,they wasent :o looked at me like i was mad :tearful:

anyway have a brill day,this thread has made me laugh so much what with your tony books and footie shirts :D:D

I may well be there, depending on whether I'm going to the match or not :lol:

If I do I may be an aid to gather everyone together, as I have bright pink bobbed hair which makes me easy to spot, even on a busy lunchtime in Newcastle :D

What about BALLOONS ALL BLUE. :P

Someone reliable be the early bird and take a bunch of balloons say all one colour to stand out.

Much more visible from the distance would be Yellow :lol::lol:

:jester: thats what we do over here, you can spot them from the distance.

:balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon:

:cheers:

What about BALLOONS ALL BLUE. :P

Someone reliable be the early bird and take a bunch of balloons say all one colour to stand out.

Much more visible from the distance would be Yellow :lol::lol:

:jester: thats what we do over here, you can spot them from the distance.

You thinking of going then, Frangipani?? :lol:

I hope y'all have a great time. I definitely WON'T be there (too far, alas) so anyone pretending to be me will definitely be an impostor! :huh::P

K x

You thinking of going then, Frangipani?? :lol:

I hope y'all have a great time. I definitely WON'T be there (too far, alas) so anyone pretending to be me will definitely be an impostor! :huh::P

K x

Remember those photo's that they put together for the forum moderators the original ones. :lol::lol: Where everyone actually thought that was you in the black and white photo, before they put the stream of photos together to guess who is who.

When you mentioned someone pretending to be you, I had this sudden flash back, SCARY !!! :lol::devil::notworthy: certainly had everyone guessing. :lol:

Yay!! I want to come to the meet up, like I said earlier, if we meet halfway, that would be the Maldives.

No problem. :thumbs:

K x

Oh darn it Kathryn....you have foiled my cunning plan......I was trying to decide between you and Smiley :ph34r::whistle::lol::lol:

Hee, hee...I was thinking about that photo, Fran! :lol::devil:

I felt it brought out your true nature, Kathryn! :devil:

boho :dance::shame:

Well that's the end of a beautiful friendship.. :lol:

I'm not like that photo at all! :ph34r::fight::ninja:

:shame::P

K x

I'm now imagining Chris Moyles' impression of Rachel (from Kidderminster)...and if you've no idea what I'm talking about then listen to Radio 1 from 7:00 each morning :lol:

There's not much else really: Seaham, Manchester, Harrogate and somewhere called 'Scotland' :lol:

As I said before, entirely up to everyone else to decide on these kind of points...I'm flexible (as the contortionist said to the vicar) (that joke courtesy of Mr J Tarbuck, Liverpool, 1963)

Hi I live in scotland lol and we are very friendly and house trained honest lol

I would like to meet up with others if that would be ok. But it would need to be somewhere not to far away if i am bringing Luke

opheila

Ok, its not long now.

Neil,

You've gone quiet on us! Are you there??

Give us a head count and can people let me know if they want me to make a booking at a restaraunt or are we going to trust that we'll find somewhere on the day.

We could go to the local Frankie and Bennies Americain diner which is close to the meeting place or we could go to a restaraunt called Uno Trattoria (Italian would you believe) which I've never been to but has been recommended. Its down by the quayside near the famous millenium bridge maybe a fifteen minute walk from the meeting place.

Alternatively does anyone else have any suggestions or preferences?

As far as I can see there is a pink haired lady, a bag carrying lady with a husband, me with a hat, neil without and a woman with a fleece and blonde curly hair? Oh and possibly Badonkadonk and b/friend. Have I missed anyone out?

SV

Hang on hang on, someones gonna carry a famous book (keep thinking its by Nick Hornby :wacko: , more likely Terry Pratchett tho :lol: ooh i hope theres a talking dog too and some sausages in a bun).

you forgot 'and the girl with the blue jeans and blue fleese and shortish blonde hair' im sure you'll spot me among the hundreds of others in jeans :lol::lol::lol:

PS Unos is really nice

Edited by brooke

Ok, its not long now.

Neil,

You've gone quiet on us! Are you there??

Give us a head count and can people let me know if they want me to make a booking at a restaraunt or are we going to trust that we'll find somewhere on the day.

We could go to the local Frankie and Bennies Americain diner which is close to the meeting place or we could go to a restaraunt called Uno Trattoria (Italian would you believe) which I've never been to but has been recommended. Its down by the quayside near the famous millenium bridge maybe a fifteen minute walk from the meeting place.

Alternatively does anyone else have any suggestions or preferences?

As far as I can see there is a pink haired lady, a bag carrying lady with a husband, me with a hat, neil without and a woman with a fleece and blonde curly hair? Oh and possibly Badonkadonk and b/friend. Have I missed anyone out?

SV

Hang on hang on, someones gonna carry a famous book (keep thinking its by Nick Hornby :wacko: , more likely Terry Pratchett tho :lol: ooh i hope theres a talking dog too and some sausages in a bun).

Wha...? Oh sorry SV, been busy and having some bad things to sort through. Anyway...

At the moment I count 6 (there's a list somewhere earlier in the post that I've been updating as people say 'definite yes' - Says 'Six days to go' in very big letters). Personally I'd be happy with either of those eateries, but not really sure which will be the most 'ASD friendly' (in terms of noise, comfort etc.). If I had to make a decision then I'd probably opt for the Frankie and Bennies experience. Part of me thinks that booking somethign is a sensible idea but part of me worries about people magically appearing at the last second - could be an idea to book something for the magnificent six but add a couple of extra on just in case.

I'll be PM'ing mobile details (probably) tomorrow.

Now don't tempt me to find a link to it!! :devil:;)

Boho :lol:

Don't tempt me to delete it!! :devil:;)

(Sorry to hijack your topic Neil! :lol:)

K x

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't updated whether I'm coming or not in the last couple of days, I've been quite poorly (still am) so hey ho.

I think because of me being unwell and Rob still not knowing yet whether he has got the job or not, we're gonna have to give this weekend a miss. He could be starting work on Monday but he might not find out till Friday and that will be leaving everything a little bit too late in terms of letting you guys know, letting my brother and his fiancee know and getting myself ready for meeting a bunch of weirdos :P:lol:

I am really naffed off that I gotta admit defeat this time, especially as I was one of the instigators and I am sorry if anyone feels let down. But there is still the hen do I've got to drag myself too in Harrogate in Feb so if some of you get on and want to meet up for a quick coffee on that weekend I might be able to sort something out.

Good luck everyone, hope you find each other alright and the day goes well. I'll be sat at home sulking :(

I wanna hear all the gossip tho' next week, like what it was like for you all to find out that TN is ACTUALLY a girl and I wasn't joking all this time!!

Emily

xxx

Hi Emily

Sorry you won't be able to make it - I was looking forward to meetng you. Sorry too that you've been ill and hope you're better soon.

Who knows, if it goes well (cough, splutter) we can maybe make it a regular thing and you can come next time.

Karen

x

Apologies for sounding daft....what Waterstones are we meeting at...... :wacko::wacko: I've been skimming thru the posts in blissful ignorance, and now it's nearly Saturday :huh: I remember reading something about standing at the momument and looking down a bank........also unsure if we've decided where to eat as yet.......

Think I'll have to go back to beginning of topic and start again....... :hypno::hypno::hypno:

Edited by Bagpuss