Sign in to follow this  
smiley

Natural Remedy for pain relief...?

Hi All,

Little monkey has tonsillitis - and ear infections - and ulcerated throat :( . He's feeling icky and i'm sooooooooooo tired :hypno: Anyway........

I've given him C***** (you all know the one...) to ease pain and lower temperature - but it's sending him through the roof. His stims/tics are becoming so exhausting for him :( .

Anyone know of any pain relief / analgesic which doesn' contain 'ultra bouncy stuff'??

:pray:

Hi All,

Little monkey has tonsillitis - and ear infections - and ulcerated throat :( . He's feeling icky and i'm sooooooooooo tired :hypno: Anyway........

I've given him C***** (you all know the one...) to ease pain and lower temperature - but it's sending him through the roof. His stims/tics are becoming so exhausting for him :( .

Anyone know of any pain relief / analgesic which doesn' contain 'ultra bouncy stuff'??

:pray:

Don't know any natural remedies (apart from an acupressure point for headaches!), but is there any chance you could get junior paracetamol tablets into him mixed in something less brain bending than the Aspartame/Colouring/Flavouring liquid types? You could try mixing with ice cream or summat? or a catapult?? :o:(;) Another thing that could help is a nice warm bath... obviously you cant get the water itself too hot, but if you run it deep and hot before adding cold and keep the doors/windows shut the steamy atmos will help the throat... even better if you've got some old fashioned menthol you can infuse the steam with. EVERYTHING feels better if you can get the tubes open, I find :)

Good luck, and big hugs to the wee fella :(>:D<<'>

BD :D

Thanks Bads >:D<<'> I've tried the soluble types - he does this... :sick: ...no matter how i hide it. I suppose, if he can manage his melatonin tab - he may be able to take a junior paracetamol tab?? :unsure: I'm attacking the poor child with menthol stuff :rolleyes: .

BTW - anyone know where i can get junior echinacea?? Works very well for me, with any luck - it will help his little body get better sooner :( .

I have no idea where you could get junior echidna (thought he was sonic's little brother!), nor anything else sensible to add to my earlier post :(

At the risk of hi-jacking your thread though, I did wanna say I lurve the new avvy, but round here we call that 'stimming' :lol::lol::lol:

Right - back on topic everyone... should be ashamed of yourselves wot with that poor wee fella and his bunged broncs! :o;)

L&P

BD :D

Hi, Smiley, we are having the same problems in this house, we did find own brand liquid paracetemol not as bad but that didnt have any sodium benzoate in it but now that has been added to the own brand ones too. What about the new meltlet ones that fizz on the tongue? comlpete no-no in this house due to how they feel but may be worth a try. We also find Karvol capsules very good. a couple of drops on the bed sheets helps clear the nasal passages and helps sleep. A bath with essential oils also helps. You could try holland and barrett they have usually got quite good advice. My pharmacy said there are some tablets that can be crushed, so you could ask at you own pharmacy if they have any suggestions.What really gives Hayley a great sleep is a bath bomb from lush called 'ickle baby bath' it is lavender and is sun shaped with a baby face on it and it is amazing sometimes she is sleeping before her p.j.s are on!

Good luck and i hope you find something.

Nicola

Thanks Nic - I've given the chemist a call - there's a couple of options, going to pick up some bits in a while. Karvol is great during the day - but he can't stand it in his room at night (no matter where i put it) it makes him itch like crazy. (....i've also found Echinacea, Junior Tonic - couple of drops into some water :thumbs: ). He's had a great nights sleep and is at this moment giggling at The Cat in The Hat film :rolleyes: . Great to see him smiling again :wub: . He manages about an hour before he flakes out :( .

I'm going to try to get into town and moochy through the health food shops - then i'll be ready for next time!

(Bads - Me? Stim? Never :whistle:;) . It was a close contest between dancing one and this one..Jumping...this one was a close third....Reading. Any one of which i do far much more than i care to admit... :P:lol: )

Hi Smiley

Have you tried the Karvol plug-ins? you can put it in the room an hour or so before he goes to bed, and then take it out if necessary

Hope he's feeling better

A

Hiya,

I expect it will have the same effect as the normal Karvol - but i have heard of a less potent plug-in that he may be able to tolerate - i'll let you all know if it's any good :) .

Hi just wanted to reply and send your boy some >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Its horrible been poorly and with all that could go wrong in the throat is, bless him, sounds like a brave bruiser to me, I have had sore throats before and they take the stuffing out of you, water with ice cubes are nice, cold, and soothing.

Lots of warm baths, TLC, and a defenate duvet day for a few days,

Also thinking about what you have asked do you have a local homepath in your area, they may have something to offer him, sounds like he has a hypersensitive reactions to the things you have listed, is itchy ect..

Is he on any anibiotics, not that I recommend these, but he sounds like he has a lot going on in his throat?

Anyway I am hoping he is well soon and that we all care about him here.

>:D<<'> :P:P

I cant tolerate plug ins at all, cant go into peoples housed with them blasting the stuff out at number 5!!!!

JsMum

Edited by JsMum

Smiley,

I am going to try the echinacea as well think it sounds like a great idea.

Nicola

Nic - i use echinacea during the winter months. Great stuff :D .

I've had his very best Kevin the Teenager impression over the weekend. 'It's sooooo unfair!' Stomp, stomp, slam goes bedroom door ............ so i'm guessing he's feeling better :rolleyes::lol:

I found some paracetamol tabs in he end, that can be taken from age 7, relatively free from c!!p. That and a flannel on forehead/cool baths to keep down temp, and menthol up to his eyeballs. Epsom salt baths seem to have eases aches too :) .