Sign in to follow this  
OPooh

Wooohoooo

I finally have written confirmation that my son has aspergers......Can you believe it's been 7 years since it was first mentioned. Am still in shock they've actually agreed he has though.

Did it actually take seven years for the diagnosis or seven years for the Post Office to deliver the letter? :lol:

Good news eithere way though

I'm really glad you have got your diagnosis at last.

Take care of yourself though.

It doesn't matter how long you have seen if coming,getting that written diagnosis can bring all sorts of feelings to the surface.

Simon

:clap::clap::clap: followed by >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Take care for yourself - even with this length of time there may be an aftershock at the diagnosis >:D<<'>

Pleased it's finally been confirmed :D

Did it actually take seven years for the diagnosis or seven years for the Post Office to deliver the letter? :lol:

Good news eithere way though

lmao no they wouldn't even spend on postage costs - they sent it out with the lady who came to help with my dla form to save the 20 odd pence :D

Thanks all

It must be strange seeing it in print at last, OPooh. I hope finally having the dx helps in all sorts of ways.

K x

Congratulations (Hope that doesn't sound strange, lol!).....

It took 6-7 years for my son to finally get a diagnosis too, although we have always been told he was "on the autistic spectrum" (Because preschool couldn't handle him and demanded he be moved into a special needs school-not becuse of me voicing my worries for ages!) ,he only just got formally assessed in June this year, and that was after I removed him from his mainstream school and refused to send him back.

Apparently he "got lost in the system" for over 6 years..... :wallbash:

It feels strange doesn't it? I was kind of relieved in a funny way because it was a bit of confirmation that I'm not a bad parent-I had felt like that for a long time, like perhaps I was just doing things wrong.

The funny thing is, it doesn't really make any difference to the way you are with them-because you get so used to living life their way that it becomes like second nature..... :D

Everyone kept asking us if we wanted to know anything or if we wanted to go on courses, but we have grown with Ben for the last 10 years and know exactly how to deal with him-they looked at us like we were weird when we said that, but it's true!

Hope you have good luck with your dla application!