Sign in to follow this  
florrie

semantic pragmatic disorder

Florrie, my youngest son has Semantic Pragmatic Disorder.

I took him for a full visual and auditory processing assessment. He had Johansen Sound Therapy under the care of a Behavioural Optometrist. His language skills developed dramatically as a result of this therapy. He still has some pragmatic difficulties but these don't impede his communication skills at all now.

Flora X

Thanks for info, i was wondering whether there is anything that helps adults as I have some problems labelled as hyperlexia and mixed receptive expressive language disorder, amercan dx affecting my functioning and ability to communcate what i want to. There is some treatment i believe would help but would cost a lot of money bt speech and language pathologists and education psychologistst and involves intensive treatment 4 hours a day for four months

Hello,

There no treatments which i know about i also have sematic pragmatic disorder i was diagnosed i believe at 7 years old i have never spoken to anyone else with the same conditions. I do however have things which help it and ways in which i have learnt to manage it growing up. I am now 19 years old and studying at Uni.