Sign in to follow this  
claire33

food

Hi all

Had a bit of a thing with k today well most days actually, but today it was more of a misunderstanding on his part (didnt hear me properly)

It was about his food, he will only eat e few things and they have to be the same ones or theres hell to pay.

He used to love his sunday lunch only now theres no chance of that, the only way i can get him to eat a dinner is if i buy him scooby doo microwave ones the same with everything eg, chicken nuggets,burgers etc

(Scooby doo obsession)

Anyway today he has his chicken nuggets only he thought i said fish :blink: i know they sound exactly the same dont they, but never mind :D

Anyway he screamed until i got through to him that it wasnt and showed him!

I would say he has been eating the same things at home now for at least 3 yrs and there are only about 8 things, i dont know how he doesnt get bored with them.

I was just wondering if anyone else has this?????

Does it ever end?????

I recently posted something very similar - it would seem there are a lot of us mothers frantic with worry about our kids faddy diets.

Some just want to eat the same things, some are afraid of trying new things.

I get quite upset about the fact his diet is so unvaried. Although he meets the nutritional criteria (but you'd never believe it if you saw what he eats).

However, lots of people PM'd and replied saying it does get better as they get older - so here's hoping.

I wonder how many years it will be until we can all eat the same meal ... or have a Christmas dinner together ... this year my son will probably be having strawberry jam on toast (again).

Thanx for that

can i just say aswell ,

do you find this also

Example:

(K usually has tea at 5pm)

(yogurt,2 cookies, milkshake at 7pm)

If it goes past this time and he has it at say 6 for some reason.(it takes him approx 40 mins to eat very small meal)

Like i said above with the yogurt etc he still wants these things then too when he cant possibly be hungry, just because thats what he usually does!!!

Do any of yours do this????

Not that im complaining as hes about as thin as a hair grip :D just thought it abit strange thats all

Not sure if this is any use or not but I seem to remember seeing/reading something about kids no longer playing with food

The idea was that by simply playing food (fruit, vegetables etc.) rather than being forced to eat it, kids became less wary of it and might be willing to give it a try as the 'sticks of orange stuff' soon became a 'just a carrot' (or whatever)

Just a thought

Logan is a horrendous eater but to be honest I've stopped trying so hard. I'll offer him what we are having but if he's not interested he can have what it wants. He has a lot of sensory issues which affect his eating. We are seeing a dietician but more because I want to make sure he's getting everything he needs in terms of nutrition - if you took his diet over say a month, then he probably is, but on a daily basis its definitely not a balanced diet so I want to see if he needs any supplements etc.

Lynne x

hello my dd is the same but she got to have hers frist and we musted have the same as her if she has red sauce sandwichs we cant have bread she goes of her head jill

hi my sons under the dietician as he has a big weight problem, contrary to what you may think his diet is very restricted this has happened over the years. the only advice that the dietician can give at the moment is to get my son to have the tiniest portions of foods hes refusing, but i must go at his pace not mine.

then eventually his diet will be varied enough for her to put him on a healthy eating plan but at the moment its just not possible.

hope that helps a bit,

hugs,

paula

Hi

My son is a faddy eater. we have the same meals over the week every week!! He wont eat vedge but he now eats oranges and bannanas!!! Food has to look just right or we end up redecorating the kitchen with it!!!

When he turned 6 he added a couple more things to the menu like roast potatoes. We spent several years telling him that they were big chips, and fish which i breaded and called chicken nuggets!! However lately he has gone of fish altogether and is getting fussier again! Food is such a powerful thing It makes me feel so awful when he wont eat what i percieve to be a proper meal.

Any way.... Claire you are certainly not on your own with this one!!!!!! >:D<<'>

el used to be a nightmare with food but is really good now.....so there is light at the end of the tunnel!

hi

jus the releif of we are not alone is GREAT on this site lol

my son is 13 he will only eat supernoodles of one kind, chicken burger ( has to be KFC) and pizza NO Chips!! NO spuds NOTHING HEALTHY!!!! UGHHHH

he is ( Not obese) but was told he would be a 6 fter!!! he is a size 11 shoe already size 36 in jeans ect!!! ( he shares the hubbys clothes!!! he is taller than me at 5"7 it costs a fortune with clothes ect!!!

i went tot he gp concerned about his diet and health!! and was told to give him vitamins??? :wacko:

reece is also awful with food he lives on cereals choc spread sarnies or crisp sarnies :huh: but the peads have said hes healthy enough and normal weight so they aint worried :huh:

I have sooooooooooo needed to hear other people having the same problem. My son will not eat anything wet (gravy etc) nor cooked veg, he will eat raw carrots, melon, oranges,apples, grapes.He will eat cooked pasta with no sauce, just white, i have got him to eat potatoes occasionally, nothing green (it might be poison ). I had at one point got him eating a main part to the meal such as chicken nuggets, fish fingers, fish coins, chicken satay or billy bear sausage....................BUT now he says everything tastes horrible and will not eat those main things. I struggle to think what to give him and not feel like a rubbish mum. However he is healthy and he will eat a lot of fruit. But his food is more like finger food all the time.He still wont use his knife and fork unless forced and if i turn my back he is still eating with his fingers!!

I have sooooooooooo needed to hear other people having the same problem. My son will not eat anything wet (gravy etc) nor cooked veg, he will eat raw carrots, melon, oranges,apples, grapes.He will eat cooked pasta with no sauce, just white, i have got him to eat potatoes occasionally, nothing green (it might be poison ). I had at one point got him eating a main part to the meal such as chicken nuggets, fish fingers, fish coins, chicken satay or billy bear sausage....................BUT now he says everything tastes horrible and will not eat those main things. I struggle to think what to give him and not feel like a rubbish mum. However he is healthy and he will eat a lot of fruit. But his food is more like finger food all the time.He still wont use his knife and fork unless forced and if i turn my back he is still eating with his fingers!!

Hi reuby

So im not alone then my k wont stop using his fingers either .the same as soon as you turn away hes at it again, saying that i dont give him a knife he'd probably put his eye out or something or hurt some one else.

Saying that he does struggle with cutlery anyway though

just a thought but if it's this time of year some of the children have gone off some of their favs it could be sensory thing. last xmas my son was seriously stressed about santa (like most of our kids) and it manifested in his sensory problems wich went into overdrive. I hadn't realised that stress and anxiety can affect the sensory probs but it was our OT who told me. After Xmas (and also a disastrous trip to Disneyland, some of you may remember me posting about - he was throwing up everywhere due to smells) he reverted back to his usual faddy self but not rnearly as restrictive as he had been. just a thought!!

Elaine