Sign in to follow this  
elaine1

the sunderland protocol

my g.p. recommended this site to me today, does anyone know of it and is it worth me visiting> think it is about gf/cf diets. not sure

I've just received J's results from the urinary profiling at Sunderland ARU, and wouldn't you know it, the awkward little bu**er has an extra peak that they've never seen before! He's got the usual IAG peak in the right place at the right time, looks like a GF candidate, but they can't explain why the other one is there ( I rang to check). So they're sending me another pack and I have to take the sample again, see if it's still there and work from that. Ho hum...

Karen

x

Hi Karen,

I had some unusual peaks too. It was suggested that they may be the results of medications (eg thyroxine) [or possibly food supplements? - my suggestion only]. These peaks were actually bigger than the IAG peak, so it was suggested that I don't go GF.

Was J on any kind of meds, even just something as innocuous as an over the counter remedy? Did you mention all food supplements?

Best of luck with test number 2!

vs xx

Hi VS

The only thing he was taking at the time was fish oils, and I mentioned that on the questionnaire. His second peak is slightly bigger too, although the rest were fairly usual for AS (according to the online bumf). J's actually looking forward to peeing in a cup again, so it's not all bad.

Karen

x

Hi Karen,

My two boys and I were also taking fish oils (MorEPA) when we were tested. The boys didn't get the additional peaks though, only the IAG peaks (spectacular ones). Probably unlikely to be the fish oils then.

Good luck with test number 2. It'll be interesting to see if the rogue peak still appears a second time round!

vs xx

No, they can tell exactly which people are on fish oils. Your son must be 'extra special'. :blink:

Look out for non food items - new car, new furniture, carpets, etc, etc. It is surprising what's absorbed by the body.