Sign in to follow this  
loupin

oh god here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to unload sorry guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have bee asked to friends tonite with boys for prechristmas drinks. Lovely i first thought cant wait. Now I'm dreading it. Yesterday had friends over great for a while then the timer came out to set the routines for us all followed by licking!!! Early melatonin followed by cuddles on the bed! Today my son is as high as a kite and worrying about not being able to sleep I spoke to my friends husband in a moment of bravery and tried to cancel saying that we need to remain at home and quiet ish no real changes etc etc. Oh god not the response i expected!!!! He said yes all boys are like that, cant do conversation etc, dont worry have invited other families over with kids so it will take his mind of his worries and he can just join in and play!!! Its all relaxed and casual just a house full!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like weeping. I want to go so does my husband, he thinks lets do it like an experiment see what happens. I feel panic striken and sick because it is the aftermath of these things that are so hard. Actually am weeping now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well thanks for letting me rant/weep! Must go and see what james bond has done on the ps 2 now!!! being summoned. xx :crying:

Loupin....don't ever feel you have to behave in a certain way because others expect it....do what's best for you and your family, be that you stay at home, you go seperately or you all go together and see what happens. Those who care enough will understand. Good luck with whatever happens and take good care of yourself >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Loupin....don't ever feel you have to behave in a certain way because others expect it....do what's best for you and your family, be that you stay at home, you go seperately or you all go together and see what happens. Those who care enough will understand. Good luck with whatever happens and take good care of yourself >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Wise words from that drunken sot in the santa hat ;) And if you decide on the last and it goes Pete tong - well they'll know for next year... if you decide on the last and it goes right - you've got an unexpected gift this christmas of a happy memory and a running start on the next time :D

Very best, tonight AND for the next couple of days...

L&P

BD :D

loupin,hope if you decided to go it all went well,i dont go anywhere now with kids,not through choice we just dont get invited :(

i really do hope it went well though,ive been in those situations before and have cried,let us know how you get on,take care love hev xx

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! Well we did go!! After weeping and typing for a while I put myself in the shower wept a bit more then asked my son if he wanted to go. He did!!! So we did!!!! and i am still bouncing with joy because it went really well. He PLAYED with the other children and took photos of everything with his new digital camera(courtesy of granny just before we left!)He even ate finger food and behaved impecably. I am soooooo proud of him that i could burst! He recieved his pressies graciously and even managed to go and thank our friends for them in a crowded room!!!!!

All of my boys are asleep now with their stockings at the end of the bed I think now I am crying tears of utter joy! >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

dont worry about others worrying should be banned at xmas lol. enjoy!!!!!! Glad it went well though! our neigbour has asked us but i dont think we will be going, not tom but me i aint a party animal!!!

Edited by elaine1

Well done loupin for having the guts to go. >:D<<'> :D So glad it paid off for you and that you all enjoyed yourselves. Just think how much better you'll feel next time when you get an invitation, you'll know you can all do it!! >:D<<'> :D

~ Mel ~

Thats fab loupin, I'm so glad you took the plunge and went, especially as it went really well.

Well done to your little boy.

Paula

This Christmas our son has really suprised us too, we visit two relatives that we only see once a year and last year he wouldn't even stay in their house but hid behind his dad and made a real scene, so we were dreading this year, However he was so well behaved and smiled when he was spoken too, answered a couple of questions and then sat as good as gold and very patient on dads knee playing his gameboy. So i suppose each year things are changing, I was so proud of him too because i knew he was bored. Glad your christmas party went well , :D