Sign in to follow this  
hev

been to the sales?

gonna brave the cold and hit the sales tomorrow,want to kit katie out with jumpers and trousers,i love a bargain.

saw on the news people were queuing in bluewater shopping centre from 1.30 am :o i wouldnt go that far,i just go at normal time and hope for the best,anyone got any bargains yet?oh im going to look for christmas tree as well,mines seen better days.

I did!! :D I got - very nice handbag, cardigan, trousers and shirts at the economy clothes store P ......ax. I normally don't trust sales that say 20% off and the prices are still expensive, but this was a real bargain.

There were no big crowds - one has to face a gale here.:lol:

Curra

AGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH -

Somebody bought Ben a ******* gift voucher for THAT computer game retailer... You know the one - the one that charges more than anywhere else and never has any stock and has a queue a mile long and no staff serving, but where people who know nothing about computer games buy vouchers because they find the name of the shop reassuring :angry::angry:

Suffice to say, after being dragged down the town by #1 son who MUST have the PS2 game he played at my brothers on boxing day, this particular shop:

Hasn't got it

Is charging more than anyone else for it when they have got it

Has a queue THREE miles long (shops full of other kids with aunts and uncles who know nothing about computer games but feel reassured by the shop name who purchased non-refundable vouchers that can't be used anywhere else)

Can't accept orders...

Now, the game ben WANTS is the quiz version of a new game that comes complete with special buzzer controllers.... I fly to two other shops to find one of them has stock of the SEPERATE buzzers but not the game itself, and although this will cost more, I HAD been told at the first shop that they 'didn't have the quiz game with controllers' and they didn't have 'the seperate controllers'... which means they have the game without controllers, right? WRONG!!!

After queuing for an incredible THREE DAYS (well that's what it felt like!) we arrive at the counter and I speak to the same shop assistant who says 'Oh no, we haven't got it - i was getting it confused with the POP QUIZ version' :angry::angry::angry:

Ben actually took it very well... I on the other hand went on a killing rampage pulling an uzi 9mm from under my full length 'nazi officer' style leather greatcoat and splattering the innards of said shop assistant, all of his work colleagues, all of the spekky little 19 year old gamers and obliterating EVERY piece of computer related **** I could before running out of ammo....

Re-emerging from this brief revenge fantasy I smiled politely at the assistant, before explaining the implications of this to Ben, who in his typical AS manner then discussed every possible permutation of the prevailing situation (so one shop has the seperate controllers and this one was supposed to have the seperate game, but they haven't and neither have the others and it's unlikely that anywhere else will have either, and even if we buy it on the internet i've still got to come back to this shop to spend the gift voucher at some point and.........etc etc etc). by this time i was starting to hear a few of the familiar 'tut's from the queue behind that usually accompany such situations, but I smile benignly at ben and say,"Look, mate, you go and have a look at those versions of the game they have got WITH controllers, choose one that'll keep you going for a few days and we'll get the QUIZ version online in a few days time'... Off trots #1 son while the shop assistant hums and ho's and people behind us 'bristle' - all the more so when i just :D:D back at them :P:devil::devil:;)

Anyway, that was ONE SHOP, ONE gift voucher! Sales? Sales?? SALES?????? You're 'avin' a larff, enchya?

:lol::lol:

L&P

BD :D

PS: to all you lovely laydeez who will be spending thousands over the next few days so you can crow about the money you 'saved' - REMEMBER: The retailer mentioned above was INVENTED purely so we blokes could get our own back for all those immeasurable wasted hours standing outside of changing rooms... think of that the next time you are queuing with your nine year old for a new control pad because UNCLE baddad gave him a gift voucher raher than putting a tenner in the card :o:devil: : :clap::thumbs:

I sympathise about the gift voucher situation BD - L's granny gave her a load of book tokens, but she would have preferred the money, or vouchers for a certain online bookstore as her tastes aren't exactly mainstream, so most of what she wants isn't in your average high street bookshop. :wacko: As you say it would be easier if they just slipped a tenner in the card. :rolleyes:

I've found nothing in the sales - I find them chaotic and quite stressful and by the time the shops have quietened down enough for me - everything's gone! :crying::crying:

K x

We decided to brave the metrocentre what a NIGHTMARE. It opens at 10 and we got there at 9.45 and it was full no parking anywhere :blink: and queues to get in it was alful so we turned round and went back home :crying: Good job we only live a few miles away. But poor ds1 he couldnt understand why we werent going in and got upset so NEVER AGAIN will we be doing that!

Hi,

I got a "VIP invite" to a certain clothes shop (N***) to shop online before the Sale started. I think their meaning of "VIP" is that i spend far too much money on my store card :oops: .

Oh well, i ordered a load of half price tops for Kai and a whole load of baby clothes for when my new arrival is here :wub: . It was delivered yesterday.

I've hidden it all in the drawer so my partner doesn't notice because he'll tell me off (baby clothes are just so cute though aren't they?).

Have fun spending everyone!

Loulou xx

bid i normally use my credit card but ive made a descision now not to take any cards with me when i go out,its so easy to use them cos it dont seem like realmoney,reality hits when the bill comes in though :o

never went to sales today,going tomorrow,know what i want and not going to get nothing else,well thats what im hoping anyway!!

SALES?? Sales???? .........

:wacko::hypno::huh::wallbash::sick::blink::hypno:

Why anyone would want to be elbowed to within an inch of their lives for a top that they would probably have hated had it been normal price - but has now become almost mystical (of the 'it will make me look slimmer'........'it will make me look soooooo this season'.......'it will go with the trousers i brought in last years sales, which have been lounging in the bottom of the wardrobe and have never seen the light of day'................. kind of thinking..) with it's 10% off it has become irresistible and soooo worth waiting four hours in a queue in a room with far too little oxygen for the amount of people in it.............. Sorry, gone off into one..... :rolleyes::blink:

Sales??.........What BD said........... :sick:

:lol::lol:

Edited by smiley

But how does anyone have any money to spend straight after Christmas??

Boho :lol:

I got �25 as a Xmas present from my DS :wub: (first time he ever gives me a present) from money he has been saving. He doesn't do shopping so he wrote on a card that I should buy what I need with it.

All the things I listed above cost that amount, and they don't look bad , honest! :lol:

Curra

well i braved the sales and wind and rain WITH steven and i got 4 tops for k,2 pairs of trousers for katie,jeans for nick,boxing gloves for steven :star: hot chocolate cd for me so i can have a :dance::dance::dance: 6 cups and 18 glasses!~!

used my credit card,deal with the cost next month :D