Sign in to follow this  
JsMum

Our Puppy Update for those interested

Well we went to see a litter of english springer spaniels this morning and as we approached the kennel four boyterous boy pups clambered all over the girl one, she was adorable straight away I knew she was the one, J even said the one at the back cant see mummy, when the lady opened the door the boys did their best to get the attention but the lady picked the girl one up and handed it to me, her head cocked to one side and her deep eyes looked into mine and yes they melted,

she sniffed me and pushed her nose into my face, J was orring and smiling I handed her to him and he was instantly smitten with her, he doesnt let anyone kiss him but this little girl must be special as she kissed him all over his face, he giggled get her off me but then she calmed down and slumbered into his arms and he just smiled at me, mum can we have her,

I asked the vital questions and looked at her line of pedigree, her parents working dogs and her brothers strong as an ox, but she was slender and lighter and way more placid, while I examined the way she responded I sorted out our details and the ladies details and after a cheque and goodbyes to her brothers of which one was been collected later we took her on our way home.

Our little treasure did really well, the attention she got was absaloutly amazing,

J was over crowded by girls oring over his new pup, J just stood their with her, now she was suppose to be in a transporting box but she wouldnt have any of it, so J choose to carry her, as she couldnt be put down on the floor just yet but she looked so cute in Js arms, on the train ( 10 mins journey) she got loads more attention even the driver came over for a stroke and a kiss.

we popped into a pet shop and bought all her stuff so it was more personalised as we where going on her personality and charachter and got a special name tag that they press in a machine with her name and details.

The shop staff where really coo-ing at her and the staff manager said she looked very healthy and was very reasonable for what I paid, she gave me advice on dog training and tiolet training and then we got a taxi home, the driver was freaking incase she did a wee, but she didnt and soon as we got in she was bounding all over the place, just as puppies do but this was so cute.

Js gran came and helped with settling her in and we gave her a bath and gave her something to eat, she had a few wees on the floor but she has done most of them outside in the garden including a p## so she is clicking on already.

She is a bright little spark already retriving and sitting, we are praising her all the time and ignoring her when she nips and jumps and by this evening she wasnt nipping as much.

Js Pup has been a treasure and she has settled in her cage with her bed and water and is lying in their like a baby and I mean a baby, she is on her back with her little arms and legs out stretched her head to the side and snoring away.

She is knackered bless her!

J is smitten with her, he even sat in the kitchen trying to be quiet when he had his supper so not wake her.

J has been so caring and he just keeps on saying or she's so adorable,

honestly if I could place a picture here I would, and you could see for yourself.

Shes just brilliant, sorry for the sloppyness but I am all effected by this, proud as punch and J is just so happy.

if you want any future updates let me know.

JsMum

Hello JsMum,

Congratulations on the new arrival! I hope you she (and you) had a good first night.

I know exactly how you feel, we are still excited about our puppy and we have had her for 6 weeks. I was going to post on the "After Thomas" thread but I sounded so gushy I deleted it!

What have you called her and what colour is she?

Take care.

Loraine

Hello JsMum,

Congratulations on the new arrival! I hope you she (and you) had a good first night.

I know exactly how you feel, we are still excited about our puppy and we have had her for 6 weeks. I was going to post on the "After Thomas" thread but I sounded so gushy I deleted it!

What have you called her and what colour is she?

Take care.

Loraine

Hi she is called TeeJay

choosen by J and shortened to TJ

her colour is liver and white

last night there was a little bit of whimpering but I just let her run around the garden and found she needed a wee, bless her, once she ran off her energy she calasped back into her kennel.

last night was very good but this morning she was howling at 6am, I let out first thing and again she did a wee, so pleased this is going so well.

she had breakfast and a run around, then she went back to sleep, me I was awake now so did some tiding and cleaning.

J has got up now and he has been playing with her, this morning we are off to the vets for her first vaccination and health check.

TJ is very cheeky, though keeps on jumping up, but we are ignoring that and praising her when she is sitting nicely.

do you know any puppy forums so I can more advice?

Take a look at www.dogchat.co.uk in the "new dog owners"section.The people on there seem very friendly and knowledgable.

We have a mini schnauzer and I discovered a forum dedicated to schnauzers. Have a google around, there is bound to be a spaniel specific forum somewhere.

Big breakthrough this morning. Our son (21) is profoundly autistic and non verbal. He is fascinated by her and now spends every waking moment with us instead of in his room. He is very wary of her because she spent her first week biting our feet and ankles at every opportunity. She was also incredibly tiny and I think he was worried about treading on her. This morning she climbed onto his lap and he sat and stroked her with a huge grin on his face and I couldnt find the wretched camera!

Take care

Lorainex

Congratulations! I hope TJ and J and all of you have many very happy years together. Dogs are such brillian companions.

Yoyo

Ahh - well done, springer girls are sooo lovely. Mine went to the vet yesterday, for something that turned out to be minor (but expensive) and I was so worried about her, and she behaved really well. Dogs can be such a delight in the family.

Have you got her wormed yet? Puppies always need to be wormed (I found out the yukky way). Hope things keep going well.

Elanor

js mum how are things with puppy today?i think its so lovely when a little puppy comes home,they are like babies :wub:

>:D<<'> aww it almost makes me want one and im not a doggy person! so pleased all has worked out well for you >:D<<'>

Aww bless sounds fab :-) I adore new puppies and she sounds like a gem - its a good sign that she's whining to get out to wee and stuff through the night but make sure you just let her wee and dont take advantage or she'll have you up every night!

The only other thing I'd advise if you haven't yet is take out insurance! It may seem like a waste of money but we found out the hard way with our last dog that its not - its vital!!

Lynne x

Well I am Cream Crackered!

Its been very exhausting what with the pup and J and then his friend as well over the last 48 hours,

Last night it was gone 2AM when things fineally settled.

J and his friend was trying to come down in the middle of the night trying to watch tv so I had to supervise like a night guard in the end to make sure there was no mischief, as J could get up to all sort with out any adult supervision. (last week he set a small fire) so does need full supervision.

by the time I had the boys settled then the pup wanted to do the full gallent and gallop around the garden, I was soooo tired yet she charged around like a fully charged durecel battery, I just felt like I could of slept on the washing line at the point.

She managed to slowly settle and do her wee and stuff and then I placed her back in her kennel and went to bed, I think the long hours had caused me to be a little unwell, but I slept and was lucky to get a few more hours then expected as I was woken again at 7:15am but not feeling that much refreshed, I went and let her out and she again did her stuff and I praised her, she charged around for about 15 mins then I made her breakfast and she settled after that and I went back to bed with a cup of tea, as the boys where in the land of ZZZZZzzzS too so I went back to bed, as I still wasnt feeling very well.

At around 10:45 am I heard the boys playing in their rooms and I could hear Tj so I stumbled like a drunk to the kitchen door and let her out and she again charged around the garden, the fresh air was refreshing and it seemed to wake me up a little, I played with Tj until she was tired and then fed her again.

she then settled and I made the boys breakfast, they then went off in their bedroom and I could here some debate and getting out of hand, they where arguing a bit, and I knew it was cause they hadnt really had a lot of sleep.

Later on she came out again and played with the boys until the boys had dinner

Its been hard work but worth it, she is again asleep, she looks so adorable, but she is into everything, I am so glad we have the crate to keep her safe when we are doing meals, washing and housework, and at night when she is left in the kitchen or she would be chewing everything, we have had to remove the tinsel from the christmas tree and watch her all the time.

Saying that and as tired as I am right now I am still really happy we have her, she is settling in really well and house training is going amazingly well, she makes the boys laugh with the way she pods around and her facial expressions are fasinating and they say so much to us than words would.

Tj didnt have her vacination as the vet wanted her to settle at our home for a week first, and she had been throw a lot with been away from her brothers and parents and she needed time to settle down, the vet showed her to her staff as she is soo cute and she was given a full health check which she has passed with flying colours but gave us worming tablets incase she has them though she was treated by the breeders.

We have tax credit so we pass for help from PDSA and they have very reasonable bills for the vaccinations and vet expenses and medicines, but I am going to also look into health insurance as well but the vet sees her next week for her vaccination but the staff and vet at PDSA said we can call them if anything happens.

We are also getting her microchipped as well when she is old enough.

Tj is certainly more active today after her worming treament she is like a live wire so I happy she is feeling more active, she has loads of toys and things to chew so I am hoping it continues to go as well as it is just pray for more sleep at night time and Js Friend goes home in half an hour so after tonight is over I am planning for early nights as from the 2nd January.

Can you believe it as well they go back to school on Wednesday!!!!

I am off for a cat nap if I can before the new years celebrations start, so A very Happy New Year to you All.

JsMum

Tj

Josh

Edited by JsMum