Sign in to follow this  
madmooch

Can you Help!

I bought My daughter a ELC Medical case ( dr set) for her birthday and there's a solid plastic bandage thing that fits on your finger in it - H has taken to this thinking it's a light bulb - he sleeps with it, bathes with it and all hell breaks loose if he cant find it.

I was wondering if anyone has this bandage thing going spare - maybe your kids have grown out of the medical case or dont bother with it - obviously i will pay for it.

Just so i have a spare cos if anything happens to this one he has he'll take it really badly - he loves it more than us :lol:

Clare

Can't help directly, but you know what i'd be tempted to do? Pop into ELC, ask for the contact address of their customer services department and send a letter/e-mail explaining the situation and offering to buy half a dozen... My guess is they'll be able to come up with one or two 'freebies'.

Cheeky, I know, but when our kids get into something - especially if its something like this where buying back up 'bandages' means buying the whole thing - 'cheeky' goes with the territory...

Another idea - have you looked in a Joke shop? Sounds like the kind of thing they might carry - though it would probably be a bl00dy version - as a stock line...

L&P

BD :D

Thanks Baddad, thats a great idea - i 'll give them a try - half a dozen would be even better as he has a habit of putting things in hidey places and we have to search everywhere :lol:

Clare

How about ebay or alternatively I know of an ELC outlet located at a discount shopping centre (might be one near you)?

C.

I think ELC are quite good at replacing lost jigsaw pieces and things like that, so I agree it's definitely worth contacting them first to see if they can help.

K x

I e-mailed Elc and they sent me the name of the manufacturer Red Toy Box Factory - but i cant find them anywhere on the net, so i e-mailed them again asking for their contact details ans she said she hasnt got them :huh:

So i'm stuck and H's "light bulb" is starting to break :crying:

Clare

What about Alan Robsons Night Owls - Metro Radio from 11pm? You wont even have to go on air if you don't want to he will do it for you - you might just get a result if you explain why.

Cat

I e-mailed Elc and they sent me the name of the manufacturer Red Toy Box Factory - but i cant find them anywhere on the net, so i e-mailed them again asking for their contact details ans she said she hasnt got them :huh:

So I'm stuck and H's "light bulb" is starting to break :crying:

Clare

oooooooooohhhhh that kind of stuff really gets my goat! I'd e-mail their customer services back and ask them to contact their purchasing/product sourcing department for the info... if the goods are in their (ELC's) shop then somebody at ELC sourced them and (if it's still a stock item) will be doing so again, so that information is on their records! No brainer really! Before it was a simple request - now, in your shoes, I'd be on a mission! :lol::lol::lol:

L&P

BD :D

YAY!!

Just found the one from our old set, MM :dance:

PM me your address, and I'll pop it in the post...will spritz with anti-bac first! :ph34r::lol:

Bid :D

Hiya MM

Guess what..... i have one..... going spare too :thumbs:

M rarely plays with his ELC Dr set and i just asked him if he has a finger bandage thingy. He brought it down stairs and i asked if we could send it to a little boy - i told him it was the little boys favourite thing (much like his transformer.. :rolleyes: ) and that the one he's got now, is breaking, and it's making him sad. M said 'Oh, yes, send it to him mummy - i don't mind'. :wub:

Pm me you address hun n i'll stick it in the post for you :D

Quick edit to say i didn't notice Bids post - you'll end up with buckets full of the things, lol!

Edited by smiley

I've got an old plaster he can have... it's still got a bit of my verrucca on it and it's lost all of it's 'sticky', but apart from that... Oh and Ben had an ear infection so i've got some slightly used cotton wool going begging! :lol::lol::lol:

seriously, look at that for a result - at this rate he's gonna run out of fingers and be starting on his toes!

L&P

BD :D>:D<<'>

Ugggghhh Baddad - thats gross :lol:

Warts and Verucca's are a sore point with us - H has them all over his feet and the GP just gave us cream to put on them - says it'll take about 3 months for them to go - in the meantime his shoes are rubbing the warts on the side of his big toes :(

Just when I was thinking what a lovely heartwarming thread, trust you to lower the tone, BD! :shame:

I hope H gets his replacement finger bandage thingies soon, madmooch, and eventually moves on to something more replaceable. :huh::lol:

K x

Just when I was thinking what a lovely heartwarming thread, trust you to lower the tone, BD! :shame:

I hope H gets his replacement finger bandage thingies soon, madmooch, and eventually moves on to something more replaceable. :huh::lol:

K x

I know Kathryn, they always pick things that are either unsiutable (hoovers, washing machines etc) or hard to replace or easily broken :rolleyes: Saying that i dont think anything is H proof :rolleyes:

Clare

Ugggghhh Baddad - thats gross :lol:

Warts and Verucca's are a sore point with us - H has them all over his feet and the GP just gave us cream to put on them - says it'll take about 3 months for them to go - in the meantime his shoes are rubbing the warts on the side of his big toes :(

Quick 'n's - warts... rub the wart with a potato, then bury the potato

[?????????????????????????????????????????????]

I know, i know... but my bothers hand was covered in them when he was little - my mad Irish sister in law did the above and they fell off about a week later! Honest Injun!!

Verucca's - and this one came from my GP 'cos ben had one... Forget, all the shop medicines etc - just cover with a NON-breathable plaster ('duck tape' is better, apparently!) in the morning, and rub down gently with a pummice stone each night. I kid you not, Ben's had gone in a week...

Coming next week - Sprouts: Natures cure-all...and 1001 uses for a pebble!

L&P

BD :P

Quick 'n's - warts... rub the wart with a potato, then bury the potato

[?????????????????????????????????????????????]

I know, i know... but my bothers hand was covered in them when he was little - my mad Irish sister in law did the above and they fell off about a week later! Honest Injun!!

Verucca's - and this one came from my GP 'cos ben had one... Forget, all the shop medicines etc - just cover with a NON-breathable plaster ('duck tape' is better, apparently!) in the morning, and rub down gently with a pummice stone each night. I kid you not, Ben's had gone in a week...

Coming next week - Sprouts: Natures cure-all...and 1001 uses for a pebble!

L&P

BD :P

:blink: Quick someone get the men in white coats for Baddad :lol::lol::lol: