Sign in to follow this  
hev

meeting about residential

half ten on monday im going to the school about steve going to residential,made my mind up that we are going to give it a try,hes not coping at school or at home so thats the plan,school said the process will take about 5 weeks,im all brave now,hope im allright in 5 weeks :crying:

Just sending you the best of luck for tomorrow,

we are all crossing our fingers for you.

Hope that this is the beginning of some real support for you and for your son.

Soon the both of you can then have some quality time together and your son can be provided with a decent education with understanding and meeting his Special Needs.

good luck and let us know how it goes tomorrow.

JsMum

feel sick now its getting closer,i hate meetings at the best of times,i rang up lea and they sending taxi for me as it would take about 2 hours on bus,i have no transport so thats good

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Someone (think it was Kathryn ?? :unsure: ) said to me imagine that we are all there with you. I did. And it helped :D .

Thinking of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just incase your still up with worry just try and get some rest tonight with a nice cuppa and try and relax a little so your nice and strong for today (just turned into monday) I know I should be in bed, I am off now but just wanted to try and help if your still awake, my sons puppy had me running around after her so off to bed a bit late.

J has gone to bed ok and so just having a couple of hours to myself.

anyway as you can see we are all going to be thinking of you, night night and see you tomorrow with some hopefully good news.

Prayers and good wishes

JsMum

Good luck, Hev >:D<<'>

And remember, you don't have to agree to anything unless you feel happy it. And it's fine to ask for time to think things over...you don't have to make any decisions quickly.

Bid >:D<<'>

well i had the meeting and i thought it went well,have decided steve if poss will go to residential,woman was there from lea and she is going to arrange it all,apparently there is a chance he will get turned down first time so i need letters from cahms and social services to back me up and i need to write a letter to lea saying effect steve has on family etc,school is backing me up and hes staying there till residential comes up,i was originally told it would take 5 weeks but today was told quite lot longer than that,i think i got fight on my hands but as i said to smiley ive got my boxing gloves ready :ninja::star:

feel ok about it now but just know its going to take forever,if he goes to the certain school he can come home every weekend or fortnight

thanks so much for your support,i think you are all :notworthy::notworthy:

glad the meeting went well, Hev >:D<<'> :thumbs:

suspect you are right about the long wait, but if the LEA are 'in' then that's the biggest part of the battle solved... what they WILL want to do is wait for a 'local' placement, but if it is firmly established that residential IS what's needed and that's agreed by all, and there isn't a 'local' placement available... Well I guess that implies an imperative for an out of area placement to meet an IDENTIFIED need that can't be met at a local level ('cos there aint a place!) :clap::clap:

L&P

BD :D

(He'd still get weekends home - wherever he is... And the transport!)

Well done Hev >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

It sounds as though you are in a very strong position, especially as the idea for residential came from the professionals in the first place (same thing happened to us, and it all went through relatively quickly).

Bid :D

Hev,

Sorry, I'm a bit late responding to this but I've just read your post about your meeting with Social Services in the morning.

You may have a better chance of getting a residential placement if Social Services are on your side and give evidence that he needs this placement. It's not unusual for SS and the LEA to share the funding for residential placements. Of course who pays for it is not your problem, as long as they meet his needs!!

Good luck with the meeting.

Nellie >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

TOLD SOCIAL SERVICES ABOUT RESIDENTIAL,SHE GOING TO PHONE LEA WOMAN ABOUT IT AND GET IN TOUCH WITH HIS SCHOOL,HOPING IT GOES TO PLAN NOW IVE BEEN BRAVE AND MADE MY MIND UP :wub: