Sign in to follow this  
smiley

From the sublime to the..

downright stoopid..

My day so far..

Feeling a little stressy at the moment, thanks to raging insomnia keeping me up until 3 each night (morning??), so i decided to take myself into town for a mooch about and a latte on my day off work.

Popped into a book shop and found the Nick Hornby book that i haven't read yet in the sales :thumbs: , wandered over to the tills to pay... Pulled out my purse and one of our little 'This young person has Aspergers Syndrome' cards from the NAS fell out (it was left there yesterday, when i managed to refrain from shoving it lenghthways up someones nose..). I saw a flash of shear panic cross the (very young) sales assistant face - a kind of 'Do i speak slowly....Very loudly....Or both? Or shall i just hide behind the counter until the confusion passes' terrified expression. At the same time i was thinking 'Do i say it's my son's - Do i just smile sweetly and say nothing - Or do i ask her why the elephant in the corner is looking at me funny :devil: '. In the end, i opted for 'Smile sweetly, and wander off - leaving her forever more confused. But, hey, she thought i was a 'Young Person' :D

Wandered over to the coffee shop and have a very peaceful half an hour reading my new book and treating myself to a Latte :clap: . Little old lady sits next to me and chats away... It appears after some time (and after telling me about her poor cat :huh: ), that i am not infact her next door neighbours daughter - though i really, really look like her... :blink:

So.....bit confused i walk around, having a moochy. I spotted some BBC cameramen, so try to make a dash for it into a nearby shop. Failed miserable and was asked (by a rather scrummy cameraman :wub: ) if i would like to talk on camera about pigeons! :blink: Said no thanks and ran off screaming in the opposite direction.

Turned the corner and ANOTHER cameraman finds me (tho' not so scrummy as the first :devil: ). Hello he said Whats your name. I've never been good at lying at the best of times - and am cr!p at it when not prepared, so i tell him my name (damn it). He then goes on to waffle about a film he watched over xmas with my name in the title. Wasn't it funny, and have i ever has 'that' stuck in my fringe (NO!)..... Oh, and would i like to talk on camera about the bloomin' pigeons......

I'm feeling both :huh: and :blink: , and a little :wacko:

I'm going back to bed - to start my day again, and see if it makes more sense second time around........

Wow, smiley, what an interesting life you lead!! If any ONE of those things had happened to me in a day, I'd be happy! :P:lol::D>:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

:lol::lol:

Quite a surreal day, Smiley, but I'm insanely jealous on two counts. :ph34r:

No chance of me being mistaken for a "Young Person" with Asperger syndrome - they'd be more likely to wonder, "whose purse has the old bat stolen?". :huh::wacko:

No one has ever asked me to be in a film - not even about pigeons. :crying:

A latte and a book - my idea of bliss too :):dance:

K x

My day so far..

Feeling a little stressy at the moment, thanks to raging insomnia keeping me up until 3 each night (morning??), so i decided to take myself into town for a mooch about and a latte on my day off work.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... could there be a connection here?????????????

He then goes on to waffle about a film he watched over xmas with my name in the title.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... I thought Ugly Betty was a new TV series... didn't realise there was a film too :o:o:o:o:P:whistle::devil::devil:

And with that i think i'd best be off..........................................................

:pray::pray::pray:

L&P

:D

:o:o

BD, are you sure you are going to Legoland??? :unsure: . Just a suggestion, but a disguise might be an idea :ph34r::D

Smiley/Kathryn - A latte and a book sounds good to me too :)

Annie

xx

Hope that early night works on the insomnia... try switching to horlicks at this time of night.

ooo ooo ooo - do they still do horlicks tablets? Used to buy them at the swimming baths when I was ickle...

It was always a BIG decision - do you buy hot blackcurrant and a pkt of 3 fig rolls, or horlicks tablets and an ice pole? The pictures was even worse - there were THREE different varieties of Paynes Poppets - how on earth can you make your mind up with tough choices like that???

Sorry, time for ME to hit the sack too, I think......

L&P scary Smiley

BD :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I believe you, Smiley!

You must live in a big city where unexpected things happen everyday, with nice cafes and shops. Let me guess... London or Edinburgh??

Curra

Smiley,

Are you sure you left the house??? :unsure: Try not to worry dear. :lol::lol::lol:

She's just jealous :lol::devil: I have to admit you cracked me up Nellie. Sounds like a dream, and then she woke up and the pidgeons were squawking at the window...... :crying::lol::lol::lol:

No it was your five minutes of fame Smiley :notworthy::)

Kathryn.....old.... never, Baddad :shame::shame: still waving the finger at you, shame :shame::ph34r:

:)>:D<<'>

i get mistaken for kate moss ALL the time by cameramen B)B) (baddad :shame: ) im so ready to :star: you matey :devil:

smiley i think you look like a film star lovey B) i could just see us two as thelma and louise driving off into the sunset away from the kids :dance::dance:

What can I say... I'm gonna miss you's two :(:(>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

You do remember how Thelma and Louise ends, don't you Hev?

Oh - BTW - could you leave it until after Easter? Don't wanna ruin our day out at Legoland, do you? :D:P

L&P

BH :D

Oooh Smiley, I wish you lived near me. I'd go out with you every day - sounds like you have a GREAT time. I love bizarre days like that :lol: