be

able to act when witness to possible maladministration rather than

parents

having to go through hearings and then also having to contact the

Ombudsman.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/SENDISTPowers/

Cat

Edited by Cat

If they listen, this is a very good subject to petition on.

I find it absolutely immoral that parents have to go down the SENDIST route just to get the Local Authorities to abide by the law. The cases being heard are not about settling a disputed point and unfortunately, as I have found out, SENDIST have a narrow remit - they are not there to penalise Local Authorities for lawbreaking - neither is the Secretary of State for Education, neither is the Ombudsman. I have gone from start to finish and found that there is absolutely no accountability.

The DfES needs to have some teeth to stop this going on and they need to be willing to do something about it - not just state that they do not get involved in local authority policy.

grrrrrrrr..

Helen L

Thanks for highlighting this petition again, Cat.

It was actually started by a member of this forum. :thumbs:

I agree with you, Helen. SENDIST is better than nothing, but there are many situations arising from the process in which the parents have no right of appeal.

K x

hi

i signed the other night also the other one there for every teacher to receive autism training these r all simple solutions to solving a lot of heart ache caused to many famalies and young people everwhere playing games with peoples lives is not funny but most lea seem to go out of there way to be difficult , we all hold our hands up to our problems but very few want help if only they just took the time to listen ? we have yet another big meeting on monday to discuss stuarts on going probs he realy is strugglig inclusion just sometimes isn,t the answer but our veiws as his parents just aren,t taken seriously the whole situation count wide is a joke shame it isn,t funny i wish some of these so called experts could live just one day of our lives and may be they would be more understanding .

well done for standing up and trying to be counted i back u all the way thanks and well done raising any sought of awareness is all posotive keep hammering away eventually some one may listen ?

bye for now paul

Here's a link to the petition about making Autism training compulsory for teachers.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Autismtraining/

PSA, as it's your petition, perhaps you'd like to start a new topic to highlight this one? (You may have done so already but I can't find one).

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Dear PinkSapphireAngel,

Did not catch this in time, as been preparing for my tribunal where maladministration clearly came up. As you have said, I am now in the frustrating position of having to face an Ombudsman Appeal (can't afford High Court, but would if I could) when really SEND witnessed it first hand, but can do nothing about it.

PLEASE let me know how you get on - the way they basically tried to use the maladministration to further their cause was sickening - showed complete arrogance; not expecting any come back.

Many thanks

Grace/x