Sign in to follow this  
mummy

piccie next to my name

Please can you give me step by step instructions for a complete beginner of how to put a photo on so it comes up next to my name when I post?

Thanks

Please can you give me step by step instructions for a complete beginner of how to put a photo on so it comes up next to my name when I post?

Thanks

I guess you mean an avatar piccy? If you go to 'My controls' (2nd pale blue box down from top, R/H side if you're logged in) and look down the menu on the left hand side you'll see a section called 'personal profile'...

Click on 'edit avatar settings' and you'll go to a dialogue box where you'll see a radio box for 'pre-installed avatars'...

If you click on this you'll get a number of options starting with 'base gallery'. choose a gallery to browse and click 'go' (you can browse all galleries from the next dialogue box).

Select the piccie you want and then go to bottom of page and click on 'use selected avatar' and you're away...

If you don't want any of the preinstalled avvy's you have to copy/paste the web address into the 'enter a url' box at the point highlighted above...

Hope that sorts it!

L&P

BD :D

I have been trying to place a picture of J, how do I do this, I have tried to put the photo into the file box but it just keeps saying there is a proble, have seen pictures of other forum children how do i do this too.

JsMum

Hi J's mum -

we have a 'no pictures' policy on the website because of possible hacker problems etc...

My guess is you've followed links in other peoples posts to pictures off-site (like we used to do with the caption comp or smileys recent snowman pics)... To do this, you have to put your pics in a photo hosting site (I use photobucket but there are loads out there now), and use the 'add a link' feature (that's the one that looks like the earth with a paperclip at the bottom!) to paste a link to the picture in your post...

If you are talking about an avatar (the little picture above your name) it's the same process to put the link on the webhost (i.e. photobucket), and then you paste that link into the 'edit my avatar settings'...

As always, (and without nannying) we'd advise caution about posting personal family pics on the open forum. There is absolutely no way to monitor who is viewing them. The PM system is a great way of sharing links to family pics, though, with those you do know well enough...

L&P

BD :D

we'd advise caution about posting personal family pics on the open forum. There is absolutely no way to monitor who is viewing them.

Thanks for the advice and will try to look at the onsite ones in my avatar one, anyway it all sounds rather techo so might leave it for now, it tuck me ages to get the quote bit right, so one thing at a time.

JsMum

Edited by JsMum