Sign in to follow this  
reuby2

Horrible day, pet dog has died.

I'm having a horrible day, a few days ago our dog (aged 11) went from a really healthy active dog to one that looked like he was doped up, he was disorientated, refused water and has got worse as the days have gone on.At first we thought he may have a virus and gave him a few days to see if he would get better but yesterday hubby rushed him down to the vets and the vet thought he may have a tumour in his chest that was stopping his heart working correctly.He asked us to bring him in today, for x rays to make sure in case it was fluid on the lungs which could be drained..........It wasn't, it was a tumour and it had affected his heart and lungs and so he has been put to sleep.This is the dog that has slept where-ever my son is, from the side of his cot to under his midsleeper bed, I am dreading telling him, i tried to break it to him yesterday how ill the dog was and he cried (with me!) but this morning he seemed to be being really brave about it.The other thing is my son is due to have 2 teeth out tomorrow and so it couldn't have come at a worse time. :crying:

I'm so sorry to hear that they do get to be one of the family :(

My son doesn't really get emotions and at times like these it is actually handy one of his birds died on wednesday and he only asked did you bin her? :blink:

M had 9 teeth removed last week too and he did really well I was the one who was a total wreck..Is he going into hospital??

Thanks everyone,

I have sobbed my heart out all day,my son has been really brave and sensible, kind of saying "we all knew this would happen one day!!" etc. It sounds so funny sometimes to hear a eight year old speak like an eighty year old. >:D<<'>

rueby when our dog died it was very traumatic,hope your all ok tonight,good luck for dentist >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I'm so sorry that your dear dog has died. They become such loyal members of a family. :(:(:(

Hope everything goes well at the dentist

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Curra

A big thank you to every one. I am much better today, yesterday was horrible. DS has had 2 teeth removed today under general anaesthetic and it was a true nightmare, i sobbed my heart out becaues he screamed full pelt till the injection knocked him out, and then when he woke up he was hysterical :( He has calmed down but he was really angry because he said the dentist had made him look like a "maniac" and he was embarresesed. The other thing he was soooooooooo angry about was that they didn't give him his teeth, he was so angry hitting out and demolishing the front room when we got home. He did calm down though and now he is fine. :)>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> reuby2 >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I am so very sorry you've all lost your beloved friend. My thoughts are with you :(>:D<<'>