Sign in to follow this  
Lynden

AIT

Logan has just completed his 10 day course of Berard AIT, and also LWS. There were 12 kids doing the therapy this time, and each one has had significant improvements :-) Two of them actually talking for the first time. I'm usually quite skeptical but having seen the differences myself in others kids and my own its fantastic :-)

He's also been given a programme of neurodevelopmental exercises that I will do at home with him. For Logan himself he's definitely more aware, energetic and has even started taking my hands to indicate what he wants and he's never done that before. I'm delighted that we decided to go ahead with the therapies, which were by all accounts fairly untraumatic for him. They tired him, but that was about it!

Lynne x

That brings back memories.

Wishing you all the best, keep strong, sometimes it can feel like a few steps forwards a few steps back.

Proud mummy moments :) feels great to see these progresses. A million words couldn't express the feeling it gives you.

:)>:D<<'>

Glad it helped!! I have been wondering about those therapies as well, my son's speech therapist doesn't think they work much but you just proved her wrong. If only they weren't so expensive!

They are expensive but have proved their worth for us already. Today I took Logan to the chemist, opticians (just to drop my specs off), aquarium shop and the shoe shop (had him measured) and he didn't kick off in any of them. I've never ever taken him into a chemist and not had him distressed ever!

So yay! Definitely worth it.

Lynne x