lyns

Eurodisney

Hi

We are considering this as our holiday this year. Has anyone been any tips/suggestion. We will be taking ds who is 6 who has ASD and NT dd who is 4. Ds does have problems with queues sometimes! is it possibe to get passes at Eurodisney so that you dont have to queue like you get at some theme parks in this country?

Many thanks

Any advice greatfully received

Lyns

xxxx

I went last year with my 2 for 5 days and yes there is a way for people with disabilities to jump the queues. Im not sure how you qualify though.

I would say there is not enough to do for 5 days if you are jumping queues though. Id also recommend you book direct with disneyland paris, it was more than �300 cheaper for our holiday in August than booking with a travel agent. We stayed in the holiday inn and it was great, not far from the site and a free bus runs to the camp. A lot of people were complaining about their disney hotels not being too great when we went. A friend stayed in the mexican themed one and the standard was poor.

Hi,

we've been a couple of times and kids love it. I must say though it completely stressed M out. Obviously there are loads of crowds and noise.

A few tips,

If your kids want to watch the parade get there early, sit them down at the front and arm yourself with drinks, candyfloss etc to ease the wait. I would also recommend standing next to your child so you can move slightly if the crowds get too close. This was a major problem for M as he can't stand people touching him and he actually attacked two little girls whilst waiting for the parade. As I said it can be avoided but you have to keep on top of it. We found some people extremely rude asking for our kids to move up so theres could sit down, after we had been sitting for half an hour waiting. Stick up for yourself and say no and explain why if you have to.

Eat your main meal at lunch times. It gets very busy at night (6pm onwards) at the restaurants. If you eat at lunch the restaurants aren't full and service is quicker.

Book into the most expensive disney hotel you can afford. We stayed at the santa fe a couple of years ago and the breakfast situation was a nightmare. Too many people not enough tables and a long wait for breakfast. Last year we went to the new york and breakfast was so much easier as was the journey to the park, it's walking distance.

We didn't have too much problem with queues as it was october and M doesn't care much for rides, he loves to walk aroung looking. You can fast track most rides and so don't have to queue.

If walking is a problem for your kids you can hire a buggy on a day rate, well worth it if they struggle to walk.

Theres probably loads more things but brain is starting to switch off now.

Have a lovely time if you decide to go, we try to go every other year, the kids love it.

PM me if you want any more info

mum22boys

If you go with a car I would recommend the ranch style mobile homes/log cabins just outside the park. That way you can avoid queuing for meals - we found it better . They provide breakfast croissant and bread with tea and coffee or hot chocolate which you pick up daily. There are supermarkets locally also. If you have a car you can go and see other areas and not just go to Eurodisney. try gites-de-france if you would consider going solo in a local house. That said the ranch has a pool and wigwams and things for the kids. We went in February and it was full even then.

Hi Lyns,

One thing you could try is having a root around on the Euro Disney website and seeing what information is on there for disabled visitors. They might even have a disability helpline or contact form or something like that so you could get specific information for queue passes and the like. You may not be able to find anything or even hear anything back but it's worth a shot.

I agree with JJ's mum completely about the number of days it takes to do the park. When I went to Euro (coming up to 10 years ago....I feel OLD! :lol: ) we camped nearby for 3 days and then travelled further down into Southern France for the remainder of our holiday. There's definately not a weeks worth of stuff to keep you occupied, even with the changes made to the park over the years.

Mum22boys also has it right with the evening parade. The most stressful time of the day because everyone's tired and everyone wants to see the same thing. You got parents clashing because they are all trying to achieve the same goal of a view of the parade for their kids. Get there early armed with as much as you can (included ear plugs or a hat or something to put over your daughter's ears because the noise from the waiting crowds can be hell). The other piece of advice I can give is pick a spot and stick with it, even if you see a better spot open up, it's not worth the risk :lol: I'm getting quite knowledgeable on these things now after 3 trips to Florida, a go at Euro Disney and a jaunt to Port-a-Ventura in Spain. Theme parks are one of my more expensive obsessions :D I'm all over surviving the parades now ! (I can't remember if Euro Disney is the same, but in Florida Disney on Main Street where the main viewing for the parade takes place it is set up like a street with shops and things like fake dentists, lawyers and stuff above the shops. The upside to this is that there are fake doorways, stairs that lead up to the doorways that would go up to the lawyers offices and dentist etc if the whole thing were real, as well as doorways leading into the actual shops. 2 years ago at Disney me and Bob found a doorway and thought, wahey, perfect! The thing is you can't really see out as to what is coming and what's happening but when the parade passes directly in front of you, you get to see everything cos you're sat back from the crowd and on steps. It was perfect for me because I didn't have anyone standing near me and being in a kind of alcove eased the assault of noise on my ears....so scout out the doorways, if there is any, at Euro :lol: )

My only other tip is to PLAN, PLAN, PLAN! The thing that most stressed me out when I was younger was that after every ride we would have to find room to stand around and decide where we wanted to go next. If we didn't we would inevitably all run off in different directions and chaos ensues. The bad thing about theme parks is that on entry it is a massive onslaught to the senses, it's like walking into a different world so visually it's overwhelming. Then there are loads of screaming kids and music being piped out everywhere you go. There are characters in the streets and Disney photoraphers sniffing round you trying to get a picture to charge you for later. You've got little cafes and sweet shops galore so your nose goes into overdrive. You put all this on a six year old's shoulders, as well as them being super excited about being at Disney, and then factor in not knowing what rides are where, where the toilets are, what time you're going to eat etc and it could spell disaster. My advice, you pull the Euro website apart and make sure you know what's where and come up with a route that you're going to take around the park, factoring in times to stop and eat. Also try and involve your daughter as much as possible if you can. I know she won't understand the planning and all that but if you can show her pictures and the map and kind of walk the route with your fingers so she knows where she is going, it could help ease the stress caused by being in new places etc I know it sounds dull and rigid but it will help massively I promise.

Anyway, enough waffling I could write all day about theme parks :lol:

Emily

xxx

Just wanted to say thanks for all your help I will bear all the information you gave me in mind

Thanks again

xxxx

I'm going in June with DD who will be 4yrs by then,been told by local mum,if you take copy of DLA Award to Main street (at entrance)they give you a pass so you don't wait for rides,theres also a disabled area for parades you can use as well!I'm staying in the Cheyanne Hotel,3nights,4 days,going on eurostar and i booked with a company called LEGER HOLIDAYS.If you go on their site,you go to excursions and go across to Disneyland Paris,it was �100 cheaper than main disney site!When you book they ask if anyone has any disabilities!!