Sign in to follow this  
Frangipani

How scary just heard and explosion from a plane

Hi,

I was typing away on here a moment ago and heard a plane flying by and I heard and explosion, it made me jump. But it didnt twig that it was the plane, I thought it was at first but then it sounded like it was flying okay.

My sons friend just rang and said he saw it too but looked up and saw the plane and could see one of the turbines was on fire.

He's sending us a photo, havent heard anything on the news though.

:huh:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200702/s1839597.htm

I always get jumpy when I hear the planes fly over our place because they dont normally fly around here

heres the video my sons friend got of it, excuse the swearing at the end, you can hear the explosion and he could see the smoke coming out and panicked

:huh: sorry having trouble uploading.

My sons joke on this is all the surfies smell like mechanics because they had to dump the fuel on the beach somewhere. :whistle:;) warped sense of humour.

Must have been quite frightening for those on board, I could see the plane and hear it but some trees were in the way so I couldnt see what was happening, it did make me jump though. :huh:

Great, I'm terrified of flying anyway and will be flying on Qantas from London to Sydney in April. I hope this won't be my plane :crying:

Rest assured Jonathan, they are a good airline. The engineers would have it sorted. :wub:

April is a beautiful time of year thats the middle of Autumn, weathers still really mild mid 20's unless we have an early winter, but that would still be mild 13 - 18 not too bad.

All the best

Frangipani :)

Hi Jonathan,

I'm from Melbourne.

Watch out for those Sydneysiders - they're not as civilised as us Melbournites :D:whistle: !

Cheers,

Eva

Hi Jonathan,

I'm from Melbourne.

Watch out for those Sydneysiders - they're not as civilised as us Melbournites :D:whistle: !

Cheers,

Eva

Eva :shame::shame:

Being called a 'Sydneysider' isnt so bad, at least you didn't call me a New South Welshman like the Queenslanders call us.

Jonathan,

You will learn over here there is a bit of interstate rivalry, like sibling rivalry :devil::lol::lol: mainly about which is the better state of course. :rolleyes: but we all know Sydney/NSW was/is the first state :P:lol: the other states just dont like that :lol::lol::notworthy: of course. Their just jealous. :oops: so they try harder to prove themselves.

Just having a dig Eva, I like Melbourne, I lived there for 4 years, :D

F :)

I'm hoping to visit the Big Banana :thumbs:

http://www.australianexplorer.com/photogra..._big_banana.htm

There you go, here is a photo of it. I think its about 40ft big. They make the best banana smoothies :D

Coffs Harbour is really nice, just on the Northern Part of NSW not far from Queensland Border, you would like Byron Bay, depending on what time of year you are going. Can be very expensive there.

F :)

Yep, we're off to Coffs Harbour and Byron Bay is on the itinerary too. We're going to spend 2 or 3 days in Sydney as I've been promised, is it a Snow Cone? Basically a lethally alcoholic iced concoction.

Hi Jonathan,

in Melbourne a snow cone is something drug related - but who knows what it could be in Sydney!

Don't forget that Sydney was settled by convicts and Melbourne by free settlers! (Just having a dig too Frangipani! :P )

Cheers,

Eva

Yep, we're off to Coffs Harbour and Byron Bay is on the itinerary too. We're going to spend 2 or 3 days in Sydney as I've been promised, is it a Snow Cone? Basically a lethally alcoholic iced concoction.

Hi Jonathan & Eva,

I think you are asking what a 'Banana Smoothie' is, that I mentioned above.

No its not a lethal alcoholic drink, or drugs, but snow cone over here is like Eva says

Banana Smoothie is a milkshake, they add cup of milk a whole banana, vanilla essence, honey, icecream and put it all in a blender. They make them at Big Banana. They are a favourite here with my kids.

F:)