Sign in to follow this  
Lynden

Watched Snow Cake last night

It was a very touching and well acted out movie. Initially I found it weird, and I though it was because I knew Sigourney Weaver wasn't autistic, but what it actually was that I found it disconcerting to see an adult displaying some of exactly the same behaviours as Logan does now at 3.5. I guess it kind of makes you think of what life might be like for your child as an adult.

Definitely worth watching.

Lynne x

I'd ordered it - and it came through the leterbox this morning.

Really, really good film - it'll stay with me for quite a while.

Definately worth a watch :)

Found myself laughing sooo much one minute, and then all misty eyed the next. It's lovely. :)

Another film I love is 'I Am Sam', about an autistic man and his daughter.

Stars Sean Penn, Michelle Pfieffer and the wonderful Dakota Fanning.

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid

Bought Snow cake today,planning on watching it later when everyone else is in bed,so i can watch in peace!!Been a mad house today!!one of DD's was 16 today so people in and out since 4o'clock!!

It's definitely worth watching. I caught it during it's micro-run at the cinema last year and yesterday I got the DVD and watched it again. Even better second time around.

MB

Watched it last night,thought it was a good film but i think it would of been better if the lead part had been done by an actress that wasn't so well known,it put me off a bit because i know Sigourney Weaver isn't Autistic,i think i would of enjoyed it more if i didn't know the actress so well!!

Another reason I really like 'I Am Sam', is the fact that 2 of the supporting actors have special needs (one man has Downs Syndrome and the other has MLD, I think).

I'm watching it at the moment - in 20 minute sessions. It's a good film but i'm not so sure NT people without much contact with autism would 'get' the autistic side so well. i also feel a bit like Linda is some sort of peepshow ... makes me uneasy. i'll report back when I've seen it all as I've another 30 minutes to watch at some point.

Don't know what the dog has eaten but I'm going to have to vacate the lounge until the smell clears! :sick::sick::sick:

My copy arrived this morning and I'm dying to watch it but with it being halfterm I have no chance yet!! I've been really looking forward to watching it as I've read so much hype about her performance etc.Just hoping now it won't be a disappointment

I was amazed at Sigourney Weavers uncanny resemblance to Roz Blackburn.

Sigourney Weaver spent time with her learning how to portray an adult woman with Autism and having seen Roz in real life and on video, she got it down pretty well.

I thought that the parents were protrayed very well and loved the young girl who played the daughters character.

HelenL

Another reason I really like 'I Am Sam', is the fact that 2 of the supporting actors have special needs (one man has Downs Syndrome and the other has MLD, I think).

Bid -

I've been let out for good behaviour.. :ph34r: ..Little monkey is away this weekend. And i found I am Sam at the famous DVD place... Looking forward to watching it - :D .

Sigourney Weaver spent time with her learning how to portray an adult woman with Autism and having seen Roz in real life and on video, she got it down pretty well.

Helen - i agree :D

Edited by smiley

Smiley, let me know what you think of I Am Sam! :D

I really enjoyed Snowcake, too...although Jester did say 'That's what it's like living with you' when Linda was straightening things around her house!! :o:shame: