Sign in to follow this  
lisa

Helen Help!!!!

I'm looking for some info on where I can find government guidelines of a child's progress. I know it's supposed to be 2 fine levels per year or one whole level every two years. What I want to know is what level a child should be working to half way through year 5 if they are to achieve the national average of level 4 in year 6. My daughter is a 3c and has been for the past 2 years (since end of year 3) and the LEA are saying the school report that her attainment is 'age appropriate'.

I've been search the net for about 2 hours and can't find anything about where she should be.

Lisa

Thanks Ultramum, I found that earlier. She got 2a's in Year 2, so she should really be about a 4c by now at least but I need to find something in writing preferably a government document stating about the 2 fine levels thing. I need to prove that a 3c in the middle of year 5 is not 'age appropriate' and is actually below the national average.

I can prove she hasn't made progress over the past 2 years and the LEA have acknowledged this (they had no choice) and have given her a statement. They've given 13 hours LSA support but say that she doesn't need more as her attainment is 'age appropriate'. They're also citing the 'age appropriate' attainment to try to disprove our private dyslexia diagnosis.

Lisa