Sign in to follow this  
baddad

You are what you eat

Ben was watching this and i had the misfrotune of walking into the room while it was on...

All I can say is if you are what you eat that Gillian McKeith must be eating more than her fair share of ugly fruit...

:D

tonight i am donor kebab,oh it was lovely!!no chilli though just salad,im trying to be good with salad on the kebab!!

Ben was watching this and i had the misfrotune of walking into the room while it was on...

All I can say is if you are what you eat that Gillian McKeith must be eating more than her fair share of ugly fruit...

you took the word's right out of my mouth ,think the woman looks exactly how a healthy person shouldn't look,real worry is my dd thinks she is a saint no matter what hubby and i tell her.

ive never watched that programme as i know she is the woman who inspects peoples number twos :sick: i really cant stand it,it might well be a good programme but i just cannot bear to see it on tele

I'm a pizza lol, then I was very naughty and had some belgian chocs (don't tell other half, we're meant to be sharing them at the weekend...guess who's buying some more tomorrow :devil: ) :whistle:

I've been unfortunate enough to catch her programme on tv, she's certainly not easy on the eye...

Well I'd love to be able to say I'm a star fruit but I've never tried one. :lol:

If anyone has, what do they taste like?

K x

Not a lot, actually...

Now, what are those exotic teeny orange fruit with papery leaves that are often used as a garnish on posh puds??

Boho :dance:

Now, what are those exotic teeny orange fruit with papery leaves that are often used as a garnish on posh puds??

Gooseberries?

We used to have wild ones growing in our garden in Zimbabwe. Yummy! :)

K x

Noooo!!

Goosgogs are green and hairy!

(Hev: no comments about BD, please! :shame: )

Try again...

Edited by bid

Or ugli fruit even :D

I can't speak ill of Dr Gillian's features because I feel it would be disrespectful to back ends of buses to do so :lol:

Noooo!!

Goosgogs are green and hairy!

(Hev: no comments about BD, please! :shame: )

Try again...

Green and hairy???

Not so, unless those are the poxy English kind. :P

The real Cape Gooseberry I'm talking about and which fits your description, looks like this :)

K x

Kumquats?

Now me, I'm dead healthy. Last night I was a grilled salmon fillet with steamed veggies, and this morning I'll be a large bowl of sugar free muesli with fresh fruit and a mango smoothie.

Dr Ugly would be proud of me!

So why do I still feel like cr*p?!?!

Karen

x

You're quite right, Kathryn...but the name I know them by but couldn't remember was Physalis!

Yum!

Karen T...we've just got into smoothies in our house! :clap: They're yummy, and a great way to get loads of fruit into my two girlies, especially the nearly 12 year old. I discovered frozen fruit in the supermarket, which is great to keep in the freezer and easy to use :thumbs:

Green and hairy???

Not so, unless those are the poxy English kind. :P

The real Cape Gooseberry I'm talking about and which fits your description, looks like this :)

K x

Well I've always known them as kumquat - but looking at the latin name for them I shudder at the anagram you can make!

(and for all you smart alec's i know it's one letter out ;);) . Sometimes jokes work better with mis-spelins :P:devil: )

Just googled kumquats and they are an entirely different fruit - they grow on trees and don't come in paper cases. I've never eaten one of those either.

Bid I never knew the latin name for Cape Gooseberries though I spent a lot of my childhood eating them! They are heaven in a crumble - beat apples any day.

My brain is desperately trying to make an anagram out of Physalis - nope - my brain's too slow today. :huh::lol:

K x

Gillian mkeath has a curvature of the spine that she can do nothing about so she cant help her body shape.

I think shes fantastic and speaks a lot of good sence................. she can do no wrong in my eyes.........

Edited by Paula

yeah but(i sound like vicky pollard !!)paula its the bit on the programme where she investigates their toilet which puts me off watching it,i would hate her investigating mine,the rubbish what goes in my mouth :(

:lol::lol: thats made me laugh out loud for the first time today :D i know it was unintentional but our posts did look odd like that.

baddad no not sharon fruit,definately ugly fruit :sick: talking of ugly,how you doing tonight?!! :P

I was completely cream crackered last night, hev :(

Dunno whether you checked the date, but I had three truckloads of valentine cards to drop off at the recycling plant :(:(

Being sued by the Post Office AGAIN (8 staff done theiir backs in this year and a rear axle on one of their bedfords :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's nice to know you all care - but such a heavy responsibilty :(:(

L&P

BD :whistle:

smiley i always behave,its you who lowers the tone of the forum :o:P:P

my posts are always mature and sensible :D

This reply is connected to the cape gooseberry thing!!! Baddad, that anagram thingy's been bugging me ever since I read it, I knew what you meant but couldn't think of the bloomin word! I've just had to consult my dictionary to put myself out of my misery. And just to think I couldn't sleep last night for trying to remember it!!!

:lol::lol::lol::notworthy::dance:

Thanks for that...I'm easily pleased!