Sign in to follow this  
bikergal

Children 8-14 with ASD needed for important study

Spotted this on another link, research looks interesting...not sure if I can create a link but here goes...

RESEARCH PROJECT

It's being done by a psychologist from the University of London

Edited by baddad

We are going on Monday 26th :D Just waiting all on the directions etc and he said he'll send a pic of the hat (?) I've seen a programme on tv which had the same sort of study on it so I'm hoping M will be ok.. :blink:

Madme how long where you in there for? Did you have any copies of the tests to bring away or anything? He said he'll be testing M's IQ which will be quite interesting for us and apparently he likes Dr Who so we should be ok :D

Just reporting back for anyone else who may be interested :D

Just as Madme said he was a really nice man,M actually did all that was asked of him bless..it was a bit of a struggle for him to 'hold himself in' but I'm sooo proud of him! We were there for about 2 hours altogether and it was very interesting for us all.He's still needing a few more older kids 10+ to complete his findings if anyone else is wanting to go. :D

Hi all -

Just bumping this as spoke to Steven today and he's still in need of a few more volunteers...

Ben and I had a really interesting morning out here, and Ben really enjoyed showing off on the computer tests. The research is looking into eye movement as a possible early diagnostic tool for spectrum disorders, and as we know anything that helps with improved/early diagnostics has got to be a good thing...

here's a copy of the link again, and if you scroll down the page you'll find Steve's contact details and more info:

RESEARCH PROJECT

L&P

BD :D

Edited by baddad

HI ALL -

I'm just bumping this again, as the original link had timed out... I have now replaced those links, so you can follow them to the (very basic!) details I've typed up!

I spoke to the guy doing the tests (Steve) last week, and he's had a few problems finding test subjects in one specific area: Those with an official diagnosis of High Functioning Autism in the 10-15 yrs age group.

The problem he's hitting is that most in this age group either received an 'Autism' diagnosis or 'Asperger's' diagnosis, but HFA just wasn't that common back then...

Anyone who can help can contact Steve by e-mail through the links above and here. As you can see from the above, it's an interesting day out!

linkyplinkyresearchythingy

BD :D

They have also been doing a similar study in Birmingham. Its been going on for 3 years and is now at the end of the study.

It is very interesting how our children look at images and faces

Lyn