claire33

its so hard

Hi All

Is it just me or does the thought of having to constantly repeat yourself for the rest of your life,

make you want to give up now.

As much as i love my k i am so tired of it seems as though one battle ends and another begins, is there ever going to be a time when he can fend for himself cos i am so tired already, my mind is in overdrive and i dnt know how much more i can take :(

I tryed talking to my mumtoday about the problems im having but i dont feel like she listens to me sometimes i feel like im whinning on and she is just sick of hearing me but i have no-one else to turn to i feel so heavy hearted i know its not k's fault, but it is wearing me down and i really cant cope.

I just dont know where to turn!!!! :tearful:

Claire

Sending you lots of >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I don't have much advice since I'm in a similar situation, but I find that counselling helps to find strength when you have no one to turn to. You'll find lots of support here too from people who understand you.

The NAS also has a helpline here http://www.nas.org.uk/nas/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=617

Take care

Curra

Groundhog Day, every day. Every time I wake up I get that sinking feeling, here we go again.

Still, I guess it's better than not waking up at all!

Karen

x

Oh Claire poor you, big >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> from me. Like both you and Curra I am going through a simular period, forced myself to see my GP last week, she has promised me she will arrange some counselling for me, so hopefully that will give me an opportunity to let off a bit of steam. Its sad really that people close to you can sometimes make you feel a pain. I asked my Mum for help today to see if she would pop over in the week to help motivate me to tidy and clean the house.... its a real tip at the mo and being at a low ebb I can't seem to find the energy, inspiration or motivation to do it, but she said she was a bit busy this week.....I felt quite let down and wished I had not asked. Anyway Claire as you probably know all the wonderful people that visit this forum are right behind you, its such a wonderful "family" .....my advice just keep talking and let your feeling out. Take care x x x >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Oh Claire poor you, big >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> from me. Like both you and Curra I am going through a simular period, forced myself to see my GP last week, she has promised me she will arrange some counselling for me, so hopefully that will give me an opportunity to let off a bit of steam. Its sad really that people close to you can sometimes make you feel a pain. I asked my Mum for help today to see if she would pop over in the week to help motivate me to tidy and clean the house.... its a real tip at the mo and being at a low ebb I can't seem to find the energy, inspiration or motivation to do it, but she said she was a bit busy this week.....I felt quite let down and wished I had not asked. Anyway Claire as you probably know all the wonderful people that visit this forum are right behind you, its such a wonderful "family" .....my advice just keep talking and let your feeling out. Take care x x x >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Thanx clare

its good to know your not alone , sounds like my mum and yours could be 2 of the same person

Oh yes Groundhog Day i know it well, i even bought the dvd in case i forgot what it was like,yeah right!How i wish at times kieran was a groundhog...nah thats evil

lynn

Hi its defo hard, especially when you are on your own and our mums have other things to do as well but I was thinking if there is any thing we can come up with for this evening that might help, what would you like to be different for this evening, may be we can share what we do if you let us know what you are having real difficulties with?

the house cleaning idea I was thinking if you had any spare money what about for this week to get you started what about hiring a cleaner, or those ones that advertise for one a week up to how many hours a week you require, I think its well worth the money for just a bit of help, you could do it together and then see if there is a system you can keep to, this is something I have thought of and would do if things got really hard for me.

Some things I do when I feel like its too much, I keep to a tight routine, and then have a few hours to myself either when J is at school or in bed and just have a few treats, I also go regular massage and this works a treat for stress, I attend a voluntary job and Yoga and these give me a whole new role rather been just mum, housemaid, cook, nurse ect.....

Councilling is a very good recommendation and I have to agree, its a real opportunity to release and if the counciller is good then it has a real healing process.

have you any support groups local and could you get some support locally from your carers centre, they are brilliant and been there for me.

Its hard but we are very strong and you can do this!

JsMum

I know exactly how you feel >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Being a single mum of 2 and having my son with me 24/7 as he is excluded from school is really really hard. I too have no-one to turn to, no-one who really understands anyway. A month ago I gave up and went to the docs for some help. I'm on anti-depressants and have my first counselling appointment on 14th March. It just seens like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. It's his monthly case conference tomorrow so I'll see what that brings.

Hang on there. I know it's easier said than done but we just have to do it don't we? Tomorrow is another day. Ok, so it maybe just as bad as today but at least it proves that we DID survive yesterday!

Hugs >:D<<'> >:D<<'>