Sign in to follow this  
Clare63

Mobile Phone Security Blanket !

:crying: Feeling pretty awful had to ask school for help to get Con out the car this morning, he was in floods of tears and refused to get out.... bless him the enormity of forgeting his mobile phone meant he felt unable to face the day. I feel somewhat to blame, as I use his mobile to reassure him that I am only a call away and that if he has any major problems at school and is unable to find anyone to help then he can call me (well he never calls just sends the odd text, like "I feel sick" or "I am OK can Jack come to play after school?") so I guess its become a sort of "security blanket" and his link with me whilst he is away from home.

Anyway the Teaching Assistant who is currently looking out for him, very kindly came to help, got him sobbing out of the car with the promise he could borrow her mobile should the need arise. :crying: With tears streaming down my face I drove home with the prospect of yet another day worrying how he'll cope, not to mention the weeks now of double checking and checking again that he has his mobile.

Sorry to off load but could do with a >:D<<'>

Clare x

Oh, so sorry, Clare, your post brought a tear to my eye. >:D<<'>

Glad that the TA was helpful, hopefully the promise of the use of her mobile might have reassured him.

I know how devastating these things can be for our kids. Hope he (and you) coped okay during the day. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Take care.

~ Mel ~

Mel, thanks for listening to me and for your lovely reply. I know you have mega problems yourself with school. The TA had to sit with Con for the first two lessons and apparently it took him 20 minutes or more to calm down. The first thing he said to me as he got in the car was that he really needed his phone today as he wanted to tell me something....typical, but of course could not remember what ! Hope things improve for you and keep on at that school. Big hugs and thanks again for your support >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x

clare ive often walked away from school crying in the past cos steves been so upset,sounds like con has a lovely teaching assistant :D hope tomorrow goes better >:D<<'>

I must say it was not the first time and I very much doubt it will be the last ! Thank you for your kind comments I really appreciate them x x x

i really feel 4 you hope he has a better day tomorow >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> reece is like that most days but he becomes quite violent he even pulled the ta hair this morning, its so draining physically and emotionally u feel like u hav done a days work before u start. good luck 4 tomorow love donnaxx >:D<<'> >:D<<'>