Sign in to follow this  
reuby2

Rescue Remedy

HI everyone I have posted before about DS anxiety and he is finding it hard to go out even somewhere nice if he has a "thought" about me dying, it seems like a OCD type of thing really.What I wondered is that I have anxiety and use Bach's rescue remedy and Kalms. I think you have to be 12 to take Kalms but I can't find any info on the suitability of using the flower remedies. Has anyone used these for their kids and at what age? My son is 8, but his anxiety is really starting to restrict him.Thanks in advance

x >:D<<'>

I love it!!!

It taste's yuck! But, without I would never have been calm enough to sit any GCSE'S. The Doctor has said its all naterail so has no affect on age or anyting including allergies to medication!

I give it to my daughter every day. I put it in her drink and now she will even take it neat on her tongue :P

She believes it makes her "brave and gives her some courage". - bless her :wub:

tilly

P.S I take it and love it too - but I think that's because it tastes of alcohol

Edited by Tilly

Great thread!

I have wondered about using this too. I'm at the point where my son's anxiety/OCD/paranoia is so bad that I will try anytihng! I might buy some tomorrow! Just to check, he takes sertraline and risperidone ............ it is safe to use with these isn't it?

I think it is fine to use. It has a very diluted alcohol base and the amount used is miniscule. I used it on my son for years, not sure if it made any difference but he liked the taste!

I've used this for myself and the kids.... One of my friends used it on her twins when they were babies so I'm guessing it's safe.... a tiny drop on the tongue is all that's necessary for children... For myself I've often swigged half a bottle straight off :lol:

Go for it!

Flora X

I emailed Bach a while ago as DD has epilepsy and I wasn't sure if it was ok. The woman emailed me back and we had several mail conversations. The product was safe (forgot to use it :rolleyes: might try as she's anxious at school :unsure: ) but just want to say that they are a great company and the woman I dealt with was very friendly. Any concerns just email them!

A x

well i went in town to today to get myself some rescue remedy and kalms tablets for myself,im taking the kalms tablets 3 times daily 2 tablets,does that sound about right?took the rescue remedy on my tongue when i got a bit stressed,i dont really understand how a drop on tongue can calm me down,it seemed to though but im not sure if i just felt calmer cos i took it :blink: hope that makes sense!!

Weird stuff seems to work for some and not others. Con been having it on his tongue since about the age of 8, don't know what its says about me, but he used to say "I'll just a have a little drop of sherry (!!!!???) before I leave for school" funny we don't keep or drink sherry but it certainly tastes a bit like it.

Clare x

I bought some Rescue remedy today for my son. His anxiety levels are permanently in over drive so I thought I'd give it a try. He became very upset and agitated this afternoon as he'd had a bad nightmare last night and was convinced the man in it was real and was going to get him. I gave him 4 drops and within 5 minutes he said he felt much better and certainly didn't appear as agitated. Not sure if it was mind over matter or the rescue remedy but whatever it was, I am not complaining. Daughter wanted to try some but she complained it made her tongue have a nasty buring sensation.

i bought some and now carry it in my bag,steve was playing up today and i took some remedy and things didnt seem so bad,not sure if it was that but i like having it as a comfort thing i think

I've used it for myself for years (some days I'm just about mainlining the flippin' stuff) but after reading this thread I thought I'd try it on J. Gave him a couple of drops on the way to school yesterday morning and he actually came out at 3.20 smiling - for the first time in months. Also he was reasonably calm for the rest of the day, said he'd had a 'good day' at school, had actually been playing football (briefly) with some other kids.

Or is that just coincidence?!

Karen

x