TheNeil

Should We Show Them How It's Done?

Following enough subtle prodding to topple a skyscraper, what's the feeling for another Newcastle meet-up?

Same time and same place as before (11:30 on a Saturday morning at Monument Square, Newcastle) as I really don't want to go through the whole 'what's good for you?', 'when's good?', 'where's a good place?' pullava all over again.

I would like to point out that certain people (you know who you are) may want to bear in mind certain comments pertaining to the Cliff Richard song 'Congratulations' (pah) before saying yes or no. I have a long and vicious memory and will exact revenge :devil:.

what's the feeling for another Newcastle meet-up?

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

How about meeting south of the polar ice cap?!?!? :P:whistle::lol:

wish i could come but i live too far away :crying::crying::crying:

something vague why did you mention double vodkas?you must know i havent been out for ages :( i really need a good old :dance::dance:

wish i could come but i live too far away :crying::crying::crying:

something vague why did you mention double vodkas?you must know i havent been out for ages :( i really need a good old :dance::dance:

Never mind I'll think of you when i drink mine :lol:

SV

Well, the drinks are on TN, so I think we should have a drink for EVERYONE :drunk::cheers::pepsi::wine::bounce:

Mind you, I was on still water last time.....yep, I know how to PARTYYYYYYYYYYY.... :whistle:

Sorry Hev :ph34r:

Edited by Bagpuss

As long as it's after March 31st I'm in this time (as long as I'm free)

I'm currently engulfed in 'the run up to the wedding' and can't seem to have a conversation with anyone or think about anything not in relation to my brother getting married.

I'm also going through a bit of a tough time at the minute which is why I've not been around (not suggesting that I've been greatly missed or anything, just explaining my sudden withdrawal) but I miss posting on here so hopefully I can get into a more positive mood and get back on here more often.

Anyway again if you lot decide a date I'd like to come along if I have the weekend free.

Emily

xxx

and we'd love to meet you.

Speak for yourself. Only joking (I was looking forward to meeting your housebrick). :lol:

Sorry things aren't going BD - you can always PM me if there's anything you don't want 'public' but want to talk about. Or maybe you'll just hurl abuse and insult me as usual :P

Going from the time it took to organise the last one, there's not a cat in hell's chance of it being before March 31st. So far there's me (any weekend's good by me by the way - hardly swamped with social engagements), Bagpuss (possibly Mr Bagpuss too), SV, and possibly BD

If you don't mind me coming I'd be interested. Your just up the road for me (I live in Durham - or trainline I should say is that is my prefered method of getting to the Toon). Be interesting to meet some people I'm talking to online for once. Some of my friends will make comments but I've never been one to worry as much as them in anycase. Was told by a teacher I was working with when volunteering in Kenya that he thought I'd fit in anywhere. One word of warning I can be a bit talkative at times though. :)

Thanks Bagpuss, I've decided I'm coming to the next one even if it means coming on my own as it was mainly Bob's fault we couldn't make the last one :D

Speak for yourself. Only joking (I was looking forward to meeting your housebrick). :lol:

Sorry things aren't going BD - you can always PM me if there's anything you don't want 'public' but want to talk about. Or maybe you'll just hurl abuse and insult me as usual :P

Going from the time it took to organise the last one, there's not a cat in hell's chance of it being before March 31st. So far there's me (any weekend's good by me by the way - hardly swamped with social engagements), Bagpuss (possibly Mr Bagpuss too), SV, and possibly BD

And you can shut ya face TN. Just because I'm feeling a bit rubbish at the minute doesn't mean you can get away with insulting me! In fact if you're not careful I'll just throw my housebrick at your head when I get to Newcastle to let you know I'm there :dance:

Emily

xxx

And thanks for the offer of the PM'ing, I'm currently going through the 'bottle it all up and slowly meltdown' phase so I'm sure I will be back to my usual chatterbox self shortly and then you'll regret ever mentioning it :wacko:

If you don't mind me coming I'd be interested. Your just up the road for me (I live in Durham - or trainline I should say is that is my prefered method of getting to the Toon). Be interesting to meet some people I'm talking to online for once. Some of my friends will make comments but I've never been one to worry as much as them in anycase. Was told by a teacher I was working with when volunteering in Kenya that he thought I'd fit in anywhere. One word of warning I can be a bit talkative at times though. :)

David, if you prepared to put up with this lot then please drag yourself along

Thanks Bagpuss, I've decided I'm coming to the next one even if it means coming on my own as it was mainly Bob's fault we couldn't make the last one :D

Having met them before, they're not too bad (but just beware of that Bagpuss, she's a bit scary I can tell you - sticks wax strips to her face and beats her husband up, apparently (well he was limping the last time I saw him) :devil:). If you do end up coming up on your own and want some company (part of the journey anyway - I'm not going down to Brummie land) then let me know and we can see if we can sort something out...it's just God help everyone else on the train :fight:

And you can shut ya face TN. Just because I'm feeling a bit rubbish at the minute doesn't mean you can get away with insulting me! In fact if you're not careful I'll just throw my housebrick at your head when I get to Newcastle to let you know I'm there :dance:

I call it payback for all the insults that have been aimed in my direction. I of course have a hard northern housebrick unlike your soft southern housebrick and <insert usual back and forth argument about soft southerners etc. etc. etc.> :P

And thanks for the offer of the PM'ing, I'm currently going through the 'bottle it all up and slowly meltdown' phase so I'm sure I will be back to my usual chatterbox self shortly and then you'll regret ever mentioning it :wacko:

I always regret mentioning it (:lol:) but the offer stands and you know that bottling things up isn't good and leads to innocent bystanders getting bricked to death. You know which button to click if you want do want someone to talk at, insult, moan to, belittle...

TN :shame::shame: Remember I have kiddies....and I'm not afraid to use them :devil:

Ah but I have GPs which negate any kiddie attack - "Look mummy, guinea pigs!" :devil:

Having met them before, they're not too bad (but just beware of that Bagpuss, she's a bit scary I can tell you - sticks wax strips to her face and beats her husband up, apparently (well he was limping the last time I saw him) :devil:). If you do end up coming up on your own and want some company (part of the journey anyway - I'm not going down to Brummie land) then let me know and we can see if we can sort something out...it's just God help everyone else on the train :fight:

I feel there should be a existing joke here about what you get when you put two Aspies in a car/on a train/ on a bus....but I probably wouldn't get it anyway :lol:

If I do come on my own I shall probably take you up on the offer, I rely heavily on Bob to help me out in new situations so it would be like taking my backbone away and I'd probably end up sitting blubbing in my car. At least if you were with me I'd make it out of the car and into the town cente, if only to run away from the strange man that I made the mistake of giving a lift to :blink::lol:

I always regret mentioning it (:lol:) but the offer stands and you know that bottling things up isn't good and leads to innocent bystanders getting bricked to death.

I know that talking about it will make me feel better but the problem I have is that I already know all the answers to my problems, if that makes any sense. I spend an awful lot of my time giving advice to other people and solving other people's problems, so I know exactly what my problems are, I know how they are making me feel and I know that to most of my problems there is either no solution (but to grin and bear it) or solutions that, while would rectify the situation, are just not available to me right now (like getting out of my house). I shall probably PM you later though and sound off so I'm at least not talking to myself for once :D

Emily

xxx

Oh and TN you're forgetting that kids can be evil little you-know-whats. What about if Bagpuss' kids don't like Guinea Pigs huh? Then you could end up with a squished pig and bruised shins! (Bagpuss start teaching the kids 'thy guinea pig is thine enemy, thy guinea pig is thine enemy :hypno: )

Hope you feel better soon Emily >:D<<'> Wish I could join you lot but it would be an almost 5 hour train journey from here (not impossible) and I'd never attempt it by car. But I'm determined to join you sometime (that's not a threat btw) :lol:

Thanks bikergal, I would offer to give you a lift also but I think by the time I waited for you to get to 'brummie land' and then detoured to get TN, everyone else would have gone to the meet up and gone home again :lol: Either that or you would have to set out pretty early in the morning!

We should do a meet up somewhere in the middle of the UK so that all the northerners have to brave travelling south and all the southerners have to fearfully make their way north and I get to sit on my bum and hardly drive at all! :D Sounds like a great compromise :dance:

Tbh it doesn't really bother me where and when we meet up, I like travelling and visiting new cities even if I do find the whole experience quite terrifying. It only works out so well for me going ooop North because my bro and his fiancee (soon to be wife in 30 days, oh my god, MUST LOSE WEIGHT FAST) live in Seaham and I can visit them at the same time (and have a place to crash for the night).

Emily

xxx

Well . . . now that I don't have to worry about my husband, given enough notice, I can arrange a weekend off . . . I might ask my mum to come too. I can't make it before 21st April though, so I'm praying it'll be after that!

As I live in Devon, Newcastle is pretty much the worst place in England for me to get to, and I've not a hope in hell of managing the drive all by myself, so I would have to get the train (or plane), and stay the night too probably. But I can manage that . . . especially if my mum comes!

I may come by train too, especially if DH has to have kiddies......would never find my way to Newcastle and into the city centre via car by myself (couldn't even find my way back to the car last time :ph34r: ).......I'll be the one on the train, in the corner, crying...."it's going to crash, it's going to crash" :crying:

TN......my youngest dd dislikes all forms of animals...... :devil: Half hour in a locked room with her...and said guinea pigs....would have you begging for mercy (and a cliff song) :lol::lol:

Emily... :lol::lol::notworthy::notworthy:

Blimey, the middle of the country, hmmm, let me think. Harrogate's in the middle of the country :lol:

I'm not going down that route again (it caused enough problems last tmie). The place is: Monument Square, Newcastle

Anywhere else is another meet-up (and I ain't organising it - getting this lot in line is a tough enogh job anyway).

BD: I think you might have misunderstood, I'm a train person so driving up to Newcastle would be, erm...interesting. I'm sure we can sort something out though (If you came on the train then you could bring a treadmill and run all the way - might help with the weight loss :devil:)

Bagpuss: If you wanted to go on the train then chances are you'd end up going via Darlington which is where thetrain I'd be on goes etc. etc. etc. The GPS are trained to be cute and adorable - nothing can resist their 'huh?' faces

I'm seeing some support though so the list (at the moment) reads:

Me

Bagpuss (possibly Mr Bagpuss too)

SV

Emily

David

Tally (+plus mum)

As for dates then end of April/beginning of May(ish)?

My mum's only a possibility. I haven't even decided whether to ask her yet.

Some of us will probably end up travelling in the same direction at some point. Maybe we could arrange between ourselves to meet at various points on the journey. I have a terrible sense of direction, so I would be pleased if anyone would like to get lost with me!

I will be wearing a bit sandwich board saying, "I am autistic." :lol:

That terribly specific date sounds good to me Neil! I am doing exams starting May 16th, so I can't really make middle of May because I'm already using my days off work for the exams! . . . I hope I will be able to make it! I can make any weekend between 21st April & 5th May (inclusive).

Edited by Tally

Oh well then, you're on your own. I don't do trains. Too many strangers and new people and I can't make it stop if I want to. Plus the toilets are manky and I have to listen to other people's conversations. And it would cost me so much more to travel by train than car and I would have to either travel back down by train the same day or rely on my bro to get me from newcastle and take me back to the train station the next day.

Soz for the confusion, all I did was slot you into my journey and not think about alternate ways of travelling :lol: Never mind :D

Emily

xxx

I'm seeing some support though so the list (at the moment) reads:

Me

Bagpuss (possibly Mr Bagpuss too)

SV

Emily

David

Tally (+plus mum)

As for dates then end of April/beginning of May(ish)?

And me! And me!!!

Just because I wasn't around when you started talking about it again doesn't mean I'm not up for a meet-up.

Just let me know the final date and I'll be there. Really enjoyed it last time.

Karen

x

And me! And me!!!

Given the number of 'hints' you've dropped in my direction I knew you'd be up for it :lol:

OK it's now that time when I stick my neck out make a definite suggestion, so how's...<drum roll>...

Saturday April 28th?

May 5th is better (for me anyway) but I think it's a bank holiday weekend so would probably end up being a nightmare for anyone driving up.

Comments? Opinions?

PS I'll leave it up to individuals who want to travel up together to sort it out between themselves - it's bad enough arranging dates and places without having to be Thomas Cook as well :lol:

Edited by TheNeil

May 5th is a bank holiday weekend so it will probably increase my journey time by at least an hour, but hey, once you get past 4 hours you stop counting right?

At the moment there are roadworks for the first hour and a half on my journey until like November anyway so bank holiday or not it's going to take FOREVER!

But anyhoo, it doesn't matter that much if that date works best for everyone else. I'm presuming it works for me, I can't think of anything off the top of my head so wooohoo and yay.

I'm going up to Seaham next weekend anyway to nosy around the castle where my bro is getting married and have a looksie at the church so I know where to stand when I read out my dreaded speech poem thing that is going to be the disaster that everyone remembers when they think back to this wedding. We're going up on the Saturday morning so I can see how long that takes then and add an hour or so. Then in the last week of March me and Bob will be travelling up on the Friday night (yay for Bob having to work :( ) for the wedding on the Saturday and I'm pretty sure that is the start of the half term weekend then so I should be able to see how long it might take me. Though I'm getting visions of us driving all night and me turning up at the church having got dressed in the car with me dress on backwards and an imprint of the seatbelt on my face :blink:

Getting back on track and stopping waffling......the date is fine by me :lol:

Emily

xxx

Saturday April 28th?

May 5th is better (for me anyway) but I think it's a bank holiday weekend so would probably end up being a nightmare for anyone driving up.

I can do either. Have put both in my diary just in case.

Karen

x

I think I've managed to confuse and baffle (as usual). The date I'm suggesting is:

April 28th and not May 5th

Apologies for any confusion, it kind of goes with territory

And now, just to open up a whole other can of worms, what are we doing in Newcastle? Back to F&Bs? Risk somewhere else? etc. etc. etc.

I think I've managed to confuse and baffle (as usual). The date I'm suggesting is:

April 28th and not May 5th

Apologies for any confusion, it kind of goes with territory

And now, just to open up a whole other can of worms, what are we doing in Newcastle? Back to F&Bs? Risk somewhere else? etc. etc. etc.

Fine by me. I quite liked F&B's but I think the music was a bit irritating for some. Happy to go elsewhere if that's the concensus (sp?).

Ooh, quite excited now! I don't have a social life, you know.

Karen

x

Fine by me. I quite liked F&B's but I think the music was a bit irritating for some. Happy to go elsewhere if that's the concensus (sp?).

Ooh, quite excited now! I don't have a social life, you know.

Karen

x

He he Karen, I know what you mean, I don't have a social life either unless you count shouting at the telly when something happens that I don't like (why does anyone have to die on ER? I mean, I know it's a hospital but they are supposed to make people better and it's not even real why can't they make everything fluffy and nice?!)

I'm up for F&Bs, whatever it is, if only to see the look on TN's face if Cliff Richard starts playing :dance:

And, and, Bob is going to see if that Saturday has been booked off by anyone else already. That's progress I guess? He didn't even seem negative when I said that everyone was meeting up again, although he wasn't too quick off the mark to say no when I said I didn't mind going on my own.....hmm, we'll see what happens I think.

Emily

xxx

I'm fine with F&bs though I did grumble a bit about the music and they DID turn it down for me (apparently). I think anywhere we go we would get background music so probs best to stick with 'the devil you know' AND they did let us stay put for hours :D

April 28 is only fortnight before my birthday, you can all buy me a drink but NO Cliff please :lol:

I hope you all have a brill time :dance::dance:

im not sure when our next southern meeting is gonna be,old bighead bossy boots organised it last time,we were like his little sheep following him around(wish there was a sheep smiley!!)well i was till my steve made a quick getaway to the station :lol::lol::lol:

i love the meeting up though,lovely to meet people who you feel you know well

I'll be fine for any dates around then. Only solid plans I have at the moment are a few training sessions for school on Wednesday nights and a trip in the summer to visit the Kenyan teachers I worked with when volunteering out there. Also have a Friday night out in March with the staff from the special school I worked at. :) Paid up in full for that before I left. Decided it was a good way to see a load of them again. :)

EDIT: Is F&B Frankie and Bennys? (or however you spell it). Can't picture where that would be but it is all I can think of with those letters. Ah just checked map. Up top of Northumberland Street. Rarely go all the way up but can guess where that is. :)

Edited by David Matthew Baker

Yes David, F&Bs is Frankie and Benny's. They were pretty accomodating last time and there is a good variety of food. LOL I'll probably get in trouble for advertising on the site now.............and I wont even get any commision!!

..............maybe they'll play a Cliff Richard song for me :P SWOON :wub::lol: ONLY KIDDING!!!

SV

YES, that date should be fine with me!

My boss is back off holiday on Sunday, so I shall bombard her with a request for the weekend off then, but it shouldn't be a problem this far in advance.

Decided to invite my mum, and she is interested in coming too.

David,

Last time we all met up in Monument Square and then went up to F&Bs as a group. Made life easier for those who don't know Newcastle well (or at all). Of course how we all recognise each other is another one of life's little mysteries :lol: