TheNeil

Should We Show Them How It's Done?

I'll plug my webcam in at some stage and upload a picture of myself to my webspace and post a link here. That should at least mean you will all recognise me. It can be fairly busy around Eldon Square and the Monument area too. If I hear what trains some people are coming by I can always try and meet them at Newcastle Station. Unless of course they are on a train that stops at Durham then I could always join them onboard. I can always give one of you my mobile number too. I'll just have to remember to charge it. :)

You should be ok David, last time we all met in the doorway of Waterstones, and swapped mobile numbers beforehand just in case :D

That could have caused confusion too. There are two different Waterstones one each side of the Grey's Monument area. :)

As far as I know there both still there in anycase. Online store finder only seems to show one of them. The one by the rear entrance of Fenwicks. Also one near an exit from Monument Mall from memory.

Edited by David Matthew Baker

Oh no..........help TN.........there is some long rambling thread somewhere regarding which Waterstones......as you stand and look down towards the bank it's on your left......have I got that right? :pray::hypno::hypno::blink::wacko::unsure:

Sorry David...but I needed a pic of the monument aswell :ph34r::lol: If it helps, look for a rather large lady with a beard :tearful::whistle:

Just had the worse news ever :(:crying:

Bob's cousin is getting married 28th April.

ARRRRAGHHHHH

I wish I could not go (I don't want to go, I don't know anyone, won't cope very well and will generally have a hellish time) but short of feigning illness on the day (in which case I still wouldn't be able to come up to Newcastle) there's no way out of it I guess.

*swears quite a lot and stamps feet*

I'm not asking you guys to change the date, the amount of guilt I would feel would be too much.

Emily

xxx

We could change the date and move it back to the 5th May - I'm guessing that no-one's really set anything in stone yet, perhaps, maybe, possibly...

What's the feeling about shifting it back a week (i.e. May 5th)?

Come on people, make some decisions, voice some opinions and don't rely on Mr Temperamental to take charge (please, I can't take the pressure anymore :crying:)

As I said before I'll be fine whenever. I'm so close to Newcastle that it won't make much difference to me. Only time I maybe away around then is 25th May to the 1st June (Summer Half-Term up here). I'd be a bit suprised though as I'm 5th in the que. So would need a lot of people to drop out. (TEACCH 5-day course.) Also have plans for March 23rd (Friday) but I doubt you'll be organising anything for that soon and it is a Friday in any case. Off on a boat in Stockton with some of the staff from the special school I worked at. That reminds me I should text a couple of them to inquire how things are. I do miss it. :( When the time came to leave I didn't want to go. Not sure the students realised how little it would have taken to make me cry that day. One of the lads almost managed it by telling me that I couldn't go because that would mean he had no one to talk to. Can't see anyway to visit them before the summer holidays either. Hopefully will have time early next school year whilst on my teacher training course. Sorry I've began to get very off topic and to verbally 'ramble' on.

Once we have a date do you think it is worth booking for the number of our party at F&Bs? I can always pop up one weekend if no one is nearer. Don't know how far in advance you can book though. :)

It wasn't necessary last time, and we arranged to arrive early enough that we'd easily get seats. I guess it depends on how many of us there are this time, so maybe we should wait till we have final numbers then one of us could phone ahead.

Karen

x

Added a photo to my profile. It is quite recent. I'm sure my dad could have found one where I look a bit better though. Not connected up my webcam yet but remember dad taking some so asked him to email me one. (To get to see the photo just click on my name to get to my profile page.)

Oooooo, does this mean it's moving to the 5th then??

Can I come? Can I come?

I shall though, 70% sure, be coming alone as Bob only gets 1 Saturday off in 4 which I'm presuming he will use up going to the wedding the weekend before. We're going away for the week at the end of May so that's another Saturday so I'm thinking they're not going to let him have another one off as well.

Never mind, I've got two months to practice being brave and not letting it show on my face when I'm in the company of complete lunatics :lol::P:D

I know I said I didn't want the date changing for me, and really, I didn't, I don't do guilt but I'm rather glad TN stuck his oar in and suggested a change :clap:

Reserve me a seat at F&Bs! :eat:

Emily

xxx

Lunatics - Oh no you noticed already. Is it that obvious. LOL :D

A few people would class me as the above (or as insane in anycase):

1) because I always complain when it's the holidays. (Yes I'm sad and actually enjoy working in a school.)

2) because I'm trying to find some training or voluntary work I can do in the holidays.

3) because I'll go out with some people I've only met on a forum. :( I can't see anything wrong with this, well as long as you are careful.

No been more serious it is good that you can come now. Means I get to meet even more people. Just don't expect me to do very well at remembering names. I'm begining to get there with the students I mainly work with at my new school but don't know the names of the rest of the students in the class or most of the staff. Not even remembered all my fellow support assistants names yet but I haven't dared tell them that. I just learnt most names at my old school then ended up leaving. Will probably have problems remembering a load of the staffs names when I go out with them (the staff from the special school) on the boat in Stockton at the end of this month. Weird song lyrics I can remember, names never!

"Could a copper catch a crooked coffin maker, could a copper comprehend, that a crooked coffin maker is just an undertaker, who undertakes to be a friend"

See told you. ;) That's from 'Fog on the Tyne' incase anyone is wondering. Unfortunatally (or depending if you like Lindisfarne fortunatally) I can remember all the words. :)

EDIT: Opps that quote has probably just proved your point. ;)

EDIT2: Decided to bring your list of people coming to the end of the thread TheNeil. Also checked off everyone who is interest with the date suggested. So that is at least 7 of us possibly 9 so far.

TheNeil [okay for 5th]

Bagpuss (possibly Mr Bagpuss too) [okay for 5th]

SV [okay for 5th]

Emily [okay for 5th]

David [okay for 5th]

Tally (+plus mum possibly) [okay for 5th]

Karen [okay for 5th]

One thing to warn you about on the 5th (was just reading through the post about your last meetup - had forgotten about it till then - and I support the Toon) is that there is a match in Newcastle. From BBC:

Newcastle v Blackburn, 15:00 - Saturday, 05 May 2007

It will probably be heaving around toon (town - couldn't resist) especially at the end of the match. Picture a load of loud rowdy young to middle aged men and your not be far wrong. Earlier on it will be a bit better. I'm okay with crowds (normally - I've been to the fireworks on the quayside a few times and to the fireworks in the centre of London) but thought you lot might like to be forewarned.

Middlesbroughs away though. ;) (Sorry read what you thought of it in the other post TN and couldn't resist checking.) My only plus point for Middlesbrough was that drinks were cheap and I had some good company. Went out a few times with the staff from the Special School. The Transporter bridge is cool too. Especially as I've been up top. To really make your day Sunderland doesn't play to Sunday and their away too. ;)

No Newcastle is my favourite North East town/city for going out in. Durham naturally has to be my fav. North East town/city all round. It is so nice and quiet.

EDIT: It was a match day last time too I see and from what I can tell went well. That is one funny post. Understand the previous reply about Waterstones now too. I have a few Tony Attwood books but I guess I won't need it. You have the terrible photo of me to go by.

How's about Oxford??? :P

~ Mel ~

I'll re-phrase that then: ...the middle of the good bit of the country... :P:lol:

Would love to revisit Oxfordshire :wub: We used to live near Henley in the early 90's, and it was lovely, and have always wanted to re-visit. Had a quick drive round when we went to the Cotswolds a few years back, but didn't have chance to properly explore.

Soooo, is this another meet up Mel & Flo? :bounce::clap::partytime: I could get my Morse fix at the same time :notworthy::notworthy:

Yeah we should do a middle england meet up next. Not that I'm offering to be party planner of course, I freak out when my mum gives me the shopping list to do let alone organise somewhere for us all to go :lol: but, as long as I'm not scarred for life by those freaky Northerners, I'll be more than happy to drag my butt along if that's alright :D

Emily

xxx

PS Even though I'm going to be an Aspie in a new place (oh god I've got that Sting song in my head now about him being an Englishman in New York...Shut up Sting!) I'm quite liking the idea of there being a football match on. It makes escaping from the loonies a whole lot easier by being able to just buy a Newcastle shirt in advance to keep in my bag in case I need to dissolve into the crowds :D:P

I won't wear my toon shirt (for starts it is a couple of years old now) when we meet. I do have one though. Also have the shorts and the socks somewhere. A while since it last got used though. Friends didn't play in the last hols. I expect I'll wear a short sleeved shirt and a pair of black trousers. At least as it is a home game I can find out the score easily after the match. Wouldn't be the first time I've quized the fans on their way out of the stadium. Can normally tell by their mood though. (Neither will a wear a Sunderland shirt - I noticed this was suggested last time around - my bro supports them but never has got a strip.)

Is now a good time to tell you that my real name isn't Tally/Tallulah? That's a name I've been using on the internet for about 10 years, and it feels like my real name, but my mum doesn't know about it :unsure:

My real name is Laura.

Is now a good time to tell you that my real name isn't Tally/Tallulah? That's a name I've been using on the internet for about 10 years, and it feels like my real name, but my mum doesn't know about it :unsure:

My real name is Laura.

Given what happened last time, you might find that everyone keeps using their 'internet name' anyway. It felt weird calling Bagpuss by her real name (Clarabelle by the way)(although I was a little surprised to find out that Mr Bagpuss's real name actually is 'Mr Bagpuss') :devil:

Edited by TheNeil

I'm using my real name on here as I have a habit of doing. Only place I'm know by a different name is on xbox live where I'm 'Glaurung NHP'. Here is a little test for you. Where does the name Glaurung come from? Also keep been tempted to ask does any one know what my avatar is from?

I'm using my real name on here as I have a habit of doing. Only place I'm know by a different name is on xbox live where I'm 'Glaurung NHP'. Here is a little test for you. Where does the name Glaurung come from? Also keep been tempted to ask does any one know what my avatar is from?

Glaurung - Dragon, first and greatest of the Uruloki...........from the Comlete Guide to middle Earth :D Shame it didnt come up in the pub quiz I've just miserably bombed in :crying:

Dont know about the avatar...........thundercats come to mind :D Sorry I'm just a BIT tiddly :lol:

Oh I'll regret this in the morning!!

SV

My unfinished website will show you where the avatar is from. Thundercats I believe is along the right lines as I was Japanese animated around I think the same sort of time. Always been a Tolkien fan hence my xbox live name. Need to get round to reading LOTR again. Used to read it cover to cover and then start again. One of my friends stopped me though. Presently been reading more educational books.

I read the hobbit and LOTR once.............that was enough for me LOL. My husband is a big Tolkien fan tho. We have some lovely art books that were inspired by LOTR especially a one by Joan Wyatt - The Middle earth Album..........beautiful : )

SV

I think I have read the Lord of the Rings something like 30 times. I know I first read it whilst still at primary though not sure in which year. It was only at University did my repertoir really get expanded. Upto University it was basically the Narnia series and LOTR. Now days also read the Shannara books, Wheel of Time series and the Sword of Truth collection. Well actually now days I seem just to be reading books about education or teacher training related issues. Presently reading one about controlling behaviour. Wouldn't work for anyone with autism though. Some of the ideas might with most others though. Mainly about getting the students to accept the only person who can be responsible for their behaviour is themselves. They make the decision on how to react to a situation. Talks about 4 levels of behaviour; anarchy, bossing/bullying, cooperation/conformity, democracy. With behaviour improving from left to right. Also says how too many class rooms are rigid and hence work in the conformity area. See what I mean about it would be no good for autistics.

Had a chat with b/f and we're hoping to make a weekend of it up there somewhere!!! So I should be able to join you all...reserve me a seat! :gather::cheers:

Had a chat with b/f and we're hoping to make a weekend of it up there somewhere!!! So I should be able to join you all...reserve me a seat! :gather::cheers:

Hmm, is this a good thing or a bad thing though.... :devil::lol:

<Has think>

GOOD THING!!!!!!!! Can't wait to meet you BG (and Mr BG of course) :dance:

I cant make it this time :crying: as im going to see my sister that wkend in london. (with the kids) i dont she realises what she has let herself in for :lol::lol:

Last time we visited i think we put her off kids for life :crying:

I hope you all have a lovely time and il come next time

Brooke

I cant make it this time :crying: as im going to see my sister that wkend in london. (with the kids) i dont she realises what she has let herself in for :lol::lol:

Last time we visited i think we put her off kids for life :crying:

I hope you all have a lovely time and il come next time

Brooke

Coward :lol:

Then again if you've got to spend the weekend with the kids in that there London... :notworthy: