Sign in to follow this  
col

Lovely GP notes

Firstly mine, i had a look a few years ago but wanted to have a closer look. Somehow the first time i missed a rather interesting letter.

I was over 5 years old, and was getting seen as my "so called mother" thought i was deaf. I had a poor vocabulary, he wrote that he thought that it was more of a behavioural disorder.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And i did not get the impression that he was talking about ADHD.

Secondly DD9.. Letter to the GP to the CDC, "possibility of autism has been raised" (this was due to a hearing app) :wallbash: . "The child seemed to repond to the mother in a reasonably loving sort of way and i think autism extremely unlikely in this case". :wallbash::wallbash:

Yep, would love to read what's in mine and my son's files. LOL Can I request a look then??

you can ask to read your notes,you will be charged though,usually �10 a sheet,they do not have to let you read anything they believe would be damaging to you either.

you can ask to read your notes,you will be charged though,usually �10 a sheet,they do not have to let you read anything they believe would be damaging to you either.

�10 a sheet?? :o:O Damn, prob cost me in the hundreds. LOL

His hospital files (Pead, child clnic etc) is like 6" thick, his Pead always pretends she's gonna drop his notes when she collects um from the desk before we are called into the consultation room. Can you imagine how much I'd have to pay to access those notes alone?? :o:O LOL

It's wrong though b/c these are ours/our kids, we shouldn't have to pay for what's written in our or their medical notes. :(

computer files- the maximum they can charge is �10. And you can take these away with you.

Plain notes cost �50 to look at.Google DPA data protection act, give them a ring. That's what i did to double check.

Lindy-lou you got ripped of me dear.

computer files- the maximum they can charge is �10. And you can take these away with you.

Plain notes cost �50 to look at.Google DPA data protection act, give them a ring. That's what i did to double check.

Lindy-lou you got ripped of me dear.

well i didnt...

my mother maybe did,she had a compensation claim for an injury that left her disabled and she had to pay �10 for per sheet for notes.

a few people i know got charged something similar. Hope your mum got good compensation. A friend of mine got knocked of his bike by a guy in a car, has broken his back? and is having a hard time get comp.