Sign in to follow this  
LKS

annie guess what school the LA***

Hi annie guess what school the LA are recommending would be a good one for dd to attend. I'm sure you will be able to give me your thoughts on that :devil: They are saying pupils are expected to spend about 20% of their time in the units and the rest in mainstream. But of course all of the teachers have a very good understanding of all of the pupils and their needs. Hope you are O.K.

They were trying that for L too, when the school we wanted (mainstream with excellent rep for SEN)

first said no despite the then proposed statement.

They agreed in the end but the LEA had already approached THAT school and had a date for it to go to their admissions panel despite us already saying no to it!

Hi PSA how are you. Strange that isn't it the LA pushing THAT school, wonder why. I have a few others to see still. How is your boy getting on, would be really interested to hear.

??????

OOOOO what am i missing???????????????

I guess one of the language units?

Arrrrrhhhh, heard some info the other day on one of the units from a friend and just tried ringing her and the phone is engaged.

Any idea's how to get an EP??

Our lovely borough has just pulled "does not meet the guidelines for assessment" 1) as there has been no imput from the EP. :wallbash::angry:

2) That he was discussed in december at the pre school group and they said he was making good progress.

Then how come latest SALT report says little change.

Who the :angry: is the salt, ep and doc on the panel anyway???

Hi LKS

L is doing well, he is actually saying he is enjoying school for the first time since he was 6 years old!!!

He is finding the whole social side very confusing and I have some concerns there, but the school thmeselves are so good, we had his first parents eve the other week and out of the 14 teachers we had to see only 2 were not aware of his ASD and statement and the SENCO got right onto that when we mentioned this to him.

The teachers were all very honest and did not try to pretend everything was fine etc as had happened in primary school.

Col,

I have just insisted that my middle ds be seen in his primary school by the E.P and because they know how they let L down they have asked her to come in to discuss him with them end of this month, which although is not enough is at least a start (he's 9 and is in year 5)

Other than that I always thought once you request statutory assesment they HAVE TO call the E.P in.