Sign in to follow this  
kazemporium

Licking people

HI

My son is going through a stage of licking people, it is driving me mad, when he wants a cuddle he will start licking me. He also has no idea of his strength, when he cuddles he almost chokes me and hurts us alot. Is this normal asp behaviour or is he just a bit weird ?.

Having problems with hubby to, he came along to assesment with me but is still in denial and says he has just got spoilt brat syndrome. When my son does things wrong he just tells him off, where as i now try to explain why he can't do these things rather than just telling him off all the time. I am hoping if i explain it to him he may have more of an idea why he can't do it. How do you all deal with your children when they are doing something wrong ?

Hi

My son(6asd) has been going througha licking phase too :rolleyes: he seems to think its funny. I think like most phases they just go onto something new.

Sorry im not to good with advice. My hubby does struggle a lot too and ends up shouting i think we just have to keep reminding them that they need to be disaplined differently. We try distration alot!! Even i stuggle to remember sometimes when my sons been really hyper :lol::lol:

Take care

Brooke

Edited by brooke

Thanks Brooke

It can be hard when they have had a bad day and you end up phsyically and mentally exhausted.

I am sure my lad went through a phase of doing this, very tight cuddles then a lick up the side of the face, can't remember how we got him to stop it, think getting no reaction he got bored with it. Worse was the stage he went through when giving me a cuddle he'd whisper in my ear .... "bity" you know like on Little Britain :sick: totally freaked me out !!!!!

Clare x

I think i might try licking him back and see what reaction i get, if not i will try and ignore it but it is difficult as it makes me cringe when he does it.

reece has allways liked licking people and smelling them and then tells them if they smell :whistle: we have tried ignoring and licking him back but he still does it, if u find anything else works would love to know lv donnaxx

my son aged 4.5 does this alot and does it all the more if you try to ignore him. he has done it for 2 years, with very very tight cuddles and grabbing etc ...all the usual things ....he doesnt like it when i do it back ..its hard to retain your humour with them i know i always want to say NO and it takes all my mental strength to stop it...if i walk off my son just follows and gets even more excitable - thengoes on a cycle of feeling bad with himself beciase mummy didnt find it funny

Hi,

Just to say licking (and spitting) is my 5.5yr old ASD sons current obsession. Not just people, but walls, windows everything. It is really awful and driving me crazy. We have to paint the walls every weekend as just licks patches completely off. He has severe autism and doesnt play with anything, not interested in watching videos or telly or anything so is a complete nightmare as when we are in the house this is all he does and you cant distract him at all. As said in a previous post im just waiting for the obsession to move onto something else!

Louise

Hi,

Just to say licking (and spitting) is my 5.5yr old ASD sons current obsession. Not just people, but walls, windows everything. It is really awful and driving me crazy. We have to paint the walls every weekend as just licks patches completely off. He has severe autism and doesnt play with anything, not interested in watching videos or telly or anything so is a complete nightmare as when we are in the house this is all he does and you cant distract him at all. As said in a previous post im just waiting for the obsession to move onto something else!

Louise

He does sometimes lick other things but not to that extreme, i do feel for you, does the paint not harm him ?

Hi,

No the paint doesnt seem to do him any harm at all. (Just stresses his poor mother out! :P) Just typical he is a really fussy eater and doesnt eat hardly any food but will lick paint,eat soil,grass etc.

Louise x