hev

my positive thread

each day im going to write a positive thing whats happened to me,nothing negative allowed :D

right todays is that i went to the charity shop and bought some lovely pictures and ornaments dirt cheap,they look well nice in my frontroom,silly thing to be pleased about i spose but it took my mind off things for a bit

2nd positive today,everyone,my family,nicks family and you lot have made me realise im not on my own in this,steves school have phoned and been brilliANT.

COME ON THEN LET ME KNOW SOME POSITIVES WHICH HAVE HAPPENED TO YOU TODAY PLEASE >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

For some reason I have just been content all day. In fact probably been driving others barmy as I've been walking around humming and singing to myself. The best part of the day was my time supporting the year 7s. I think I may have convinced them I'm totally barmy but we had some good banter whilst they were working. One of them also jokingly told me he wasn't talking to me anymore. The snow was coming in through a gap where one of the windows had fallen down. I opened the bottom one so I could push the top one up as the teacher suggested and both me and him got hit by a fair bit of rather wet snow the blew in. Still I know he doesn't mean it. Could tell that from the great big grin across his face. I think the fact that I know on Friday that I'm off out with the staff from the special school is one of the reasons I'm happy. That and I am fairly good at looking at things from a positive view point. Love some of the antics students get upto too. Even more the suprise on their faces and the look of complete suprise when you catch them acting up. Its even better when you tell them that you used to do that sort of thing so knew exactly what they were upto. Tralalalalala.....

I can tell I'm happy. I feel hyper and am really really really talkative. Well hope everyone else had some good things happen today. :D

I went to Tescos and managed to NOT buy:

a. A Twirl

b. Some chocolate chip cookies, or

c. a doughnut.

So, yippee to me!! :lol::D:P

~ Mel ~

Mrs Ex-Neil got the sack. OK not great news for her but it cheered me up (sadist that I am). :devil:

Is that the kind of thing you had in mind Hev or more that I got a lunch appointment on Thursday? :dance:

Glad you're feeling more 'up', Hev, and things feel better with Steve.

There's a nice thing happening here right now - J is sitting relatively peacefully at the table eating his tea - chicken, carrots, sprouts and broccoli. Wouldn't eat the spuds though, they're not Asda Organic (sigh). And the veg only get eaten because they enhance his fart potential, but good news is good news whatever the reason.

Hey Neil, what's this about lunch on Thursday? Is it a (ahem) date?! More info, please.

Karen

x

Hey Neil, what's this about lunch on Thursday? Is it a (ahem) date?! More info, please.

Sorry to disappoint Karen but it's a bloke I used to work with - wants to discuss The Greatest Story Ever Told :P

Sorry to disappoint Karen but it's a bloke I used to work with - wants to discuss The Greatest Story Ever Told :P

I guess by that you mean your book. That reminds me still haven't got round to starting it yet. Keep feeling too tired at night which is when I usually read. Hope you have a good meal out with him though. Another thing is making me feel happy at the moment again. It's snowing. Now I just need to get the christmas songs all out of my head again. One of the things I was walking around singing earlier was 'Winter Wonderland'.

Todays been abit poo here...... :( The only positive I can think of is that all the schools stayed open in the snow...and youngest dd's transport turned up too..... :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: Well, it made my day :whistle:

I made some progress with my coursework in college today. I've been really struggling with it, so this is good. Also, I don't have to work tonight.

Mrs Ex-Neil got the sack. OK not great news for her but it cheered me up (sadist that I am). :devil:

:lol::lol::lol: thanks neil that made me laugh :D:D

Hev, Glad to hear your day has improved. What good idea to jot down the positives.....trouble is I can't think of one at the mo.....ah except perhaps that when Con's TA phoned today (he's off again too stressed/anxious to go to school) she really encouraged me to be forceful with my GP to get Con some help, she told me I 'd have to fight as she did with her son and she really seems to understand, trouble is on the negative she told me her son died a couple of years ago....which made feel dreadful. GP won't prescibe Con anything and has sent a priority referral back to CAMHS as he said we clearly need more support and help.

Sometimes it takes something major to happen to bring everyone back into line I am pleased to hear your family etc are rallying round and supporting you.

Take care and I look forward to hearing tomorrow's positive.

Clare x >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Erm.........errrrmmmmmm........Just put up a roller-blind in the kitchen...does that count?? :lol:

OK..positives today...

I don't have a headache..

I don't have to go to work today..

I painted me toenails purplypink.. :D

M's playing nicely on his eye-toy (tho...give it time... :rolleyes: )..

Today's a happy day..

:thumbs:

My huge positive for today was that the new LCD Soundsystem CD I ordered on import dropped through the door and it is BRILLIANT!!! :clap::clap:

little things, eh?

:D:D:thumbs:

AHA.............................................

My positive is today, the LEA lady who came to meet with us yesterday, did what she said she would and has started the ball rolling in the right direction.

At our meeting yesterday, she included more in the proposed statement and made it much "tighter."

She will get the final statement to us by Easter; so after weeks of hard work, the ball is firmly in someone elses lap for a while at least. :D

THANKYOU TO ALL THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED ME IN THIS ALONG THE WAY.

Also, my new mobile phone arrived and it has got loads of features!! Absolutely amazing!!!! :D

My huge positive for today was that the new LCD Soundsystem CD I ordered on import dropped through the door and it is BRILLIANT!!! :clap::clap:

Bads....Isn't Losing my edge one of theirs?? Bit Hot Chips arn't they??

Also ... a. little. bit. rep. et. a. tive. arn't. they. :hypno::lol:

Positive; Lil man went to bed without any fuss! :thumbs:

ive only gone and thought of another positive :o this one cant be beaten.....

i dont live anywhere near baddad :dance::dance::dance::dance::lol::lol:

And she was just telling me she'd done well to not insulted him for at least a day or two....... :rolleyes:

:lol:

Positive; erm....erm..... Roller-blind hasn't fallen down yet! :dance::lol:

Bads....Isn't Losing my edge one of theirs?? Bit Hot Chips arn't they??

Also ... a. little. bit. rep. et. a. tive. arn't. they.

Positive; Lil man went to bed without any fuss!

:o:o

No, they knock hot chip (singular not plural!) into a cocked hat - and don't take offence 'cos i like hot chip too, but LCSSS they aint!

rep.et.a.tive. depends on what you mean by repetitive... like good dance/breakbeat, it evolves, hun, the needle sharp juno 'hoover' sound on 'yeah yeah yeah' is probably my fave sound of 2005...

I've heard... that every band you know... is more relevant... than every band... I know......

Think talking heads meets kraftwerk meets the pixies meets daft punk meets the fall meets underworld and then cobble together with some really tongue in cheek lyrics ('you thought we were British?') and grunge attitude and you've got something a bit like LCDSS... deffo a 'Desert Island Discs' choice!

erm......... am I waffling? :lol::lol:

Lil man went to bed without a fuss? Probably wanted to get away from all the 'square' sounds you were listenin' too :o:o:whistle:

Hev - Gravesend is just up the Road hun... I was there last Friday... noticed all the flags were gone so figured you've got you voice back :o:o On my way in up the 227 I drive past a pub called the EC O (the 'h' has dropped off!)... looks a right dive - do you ever get in there?? :o:o:devil::clap:

I think I'd better mosey along now, don't you? ;)

Mumble rocks - congrats on college! :clap: Your very own Territorial Army - that should keep you out of mischief! :lol:;)

L&P

BD :D

Ohhhhhhhh stroppy! :P

and don't take offence 'cos i like hot chip too, but LCSSS they aint!

I didn't touch the fence :blink: quite like 'em actua-rallly :P

rep.et.a.tive. depends on what you mean by repetitive...

Erm....you've met me and M......we like repetitive.... :o:hypno::devil: :devil: :shame:

I have a sneaking suspision i've seen them (HC - without the 's'), might be guildfest...might confusing them with the wrong peeps..........dunno

I've heard... that every band you know... is more relevant... than every band... I know......

Yeah. I know..... :unsure:

erm......... am I waffling?

Hev - you tell him - i'll run :ph34r::devil:

Lil man went to bed without a fuss? Probably wanted to get away from all the 'square' sounds you were listenin' too

Would you like a slap? Little man (since 11) has thrown up on me twice and has a temp of 103 :( , hence why i'm on here - he's snoozing off and on on the sofa - and i'm trying to stay awake! :hypno: He probably felt his mummy being insulted :P ..... The shame of it.... :shame:;)

Hev - Gravesend is just up the Road hun... I was there last Friday... noticed all the flags were gone so figured you've got you voice back :o:o On my way in up the 227 I drive past a pub called the EC O (the 'h' has dropped off!)... looks a right dive - do you ever get in there?? :o:o:devil::clap:

you should have popped in the pub baddad,its my local :dance::dance: the h didnt drop off i was swinging from it and i pulled it off :lol::dance::dance:

cant believe you was in gravesend and you never let me know :o i would have called the local paper to tell them to warn everyone to stay in doors,would have been a state of emergency declared :ph34r: let me know next time to save any panic in the town :P:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Well, I bought some daffs to brighten up the kitchen and cheer me up :D And I'm now half way through my essay which I should've finished by now but just couldn't get in to.

Smiley, hope lil monkey feels better soon and stops being :sick: on you! >:D<<'>

i love daffs,really cheer me up,my positive thing today is im meeting mum at 3 in town for a coffee,gonna treat myself today with the credit card :dance::dance:

I was waiting at the school to go in for Ben's review, and a couple came in with their three year old who they want to put down for reception...

I was chatting to the tiddler, who had just been to a playgroup for the first time (new to area I think?)

Was it good?

Yeah great!

Did you run around?

Yeah lots!

Were the other children nice?

I don't know, I didn't ask them!

[/color]

:lol::lol::lol:

Cheered me up no end!

Review went well, I think... nice, solid united front talking to LEA ossifer, so lets hope it all pans out :pray::pray:

L&P

i think 3 year olds are very funny,lovely age,im really enjoying my katie,she cheers me up so much,she has her tantrum days but on the whole shes a good little girl,follows me everywhere and calls me hev the whole time :lol:

glad bens review went well,it is reassuring when you have a good relationship with the lea officer and the school,my steves school are brilliant,lea are helping as well now

My 3 year old is lovely too........when he's asleep!

positive for the day, as I was typing the above DS2 (the 3 year old) said he loves me today and he's 'gonna be good 'till 5.15'! Better make the most of it!

each day im going to write a positive thing whats happened to me,nothing negative allowed :D

right todays is that i went to the charity shop and bought some lovely pictures and ornaments dirt cheap,they look well nice in my frontroom,silly thing to be pleased about i spose but it took my mind off things for a bit

2nd positive today,everyone,my family,nicks family and you lot have made me realise im not on my own in this,steves school have phoned and been brilliANT.

COME ON THEN LET ME KNOW SOME POSITIVES WHICH HAVE HAPPENED TO YOU TODAY PLEASE >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

This is not silly at all! You can't beat the rush you get from picking up a bargain! :lol:

At college today everyone in the class had to do a presentation. At the end the teacher asked us questions, mostly to make sure we'd covered everything we need to know for the exam. I was worried because everyone else's presentations were much longer than mine, but he didn't ask me any questions, so I must have covered all the important stuff anyway.

My little monkey is poorly :( Nasty throat infection :( 104 :o:(

BUT - he did let the GP take a look at him, without screaching - which is a first :D:thumbs:

AND - It's been really nice to snuggle up with him all day :wub::D

(Thanks Bikergal >:D<<'> . Bads - good to hear the review went well :thumbs:>:D<<'> )

Edited by smiley

positives today for me are that i had the other brats parents evening too..

dd (4) excellent works well top of her class even doing some yr1 work and her behavior is excellent pity she cant be like that at home :D

ds2(6) teacher expects him to get above and beyond his targets for his sats. she says he will make university if he carries on like this.

im so proud of them .....but dont tell them thier heads might swell :devil:

Edited by rach04

I have spent the day working my way through nearly a whole box of posh chocs that I got for Mother's Day!! :o:o:shame::clap::clap::clap:

Boho :lol:

Edited to add I feel a bit :sick::sick: now :o

Edited by bid

School said they can't meet Bill's needs :D

Odd how something negative can be positive :D ....ooooh, that reminds me of horrid maths lessons :lol:

Flozza :D

Got a load of free posters for school today that I order (first lot - about another 4 or 5 lots still to come). There are so many of them. Now just have to talk to the person who's room it is I ordered them for and find out how many of them she wants. I think a few teachers in the science department would happily take the others off me. Mind you one of them was going to order some for herself tonight. The lots that arrive came from the institute of physics and the royal society of chemists. All nice and free. Some quite colourful ones too. Also had a training session tonight. It was boring but the banter between the staff from my present school was fun. Another positive (I guess) was that I had to convince the teacher to give the student who causes me the most bother good feedback on his report. Annoyingly (as he still had a few digs at me and the teacher hence got 4/5 not 5/5) he did just about the most work in the class that lesson. Urgh! At least he knows I'll stick up for him when I believe he needs it I guess.

:o:o

Mumble rocks - congrats on college! :clap: Your very own Territorial Army - that should keep you out of mischief! :lol:;)

L&P

trouble me never :unsure::whistle:

Postive of the day: Ummmm......I caught one of my lecterues out I ask 'too many questions' according to him! Today I asked a question and casught him out :) He was so embrassed even I could tell!!