hev

my positive thread

llisa has wrinkles!!! :devil: (and a big nose - but that weren't me :whistle:)

And my plane had brakes ... and they worked ... just (with a little help from my 'invisible' brake!!). :rolleyes::lol:

:shame: Did I not hynotise you to forget that?? :hypno::whistle:

;)

Okay....ok..... :rolleyes: You done great today :thumbs: and you got one week and one week only to 'forget' you SAW any wrinkles or any sign of a 'prominent' nose! :whistle:

I got a taxi by myself today :) I know it doesn't sound like much, but it was a biggy for me.

Well done, that's great you have every right to feel pleased with yourself .

Clare x x x

Great news about the taxi Mumble!! Well done :notworthy::notworthy::thumbs:

Taxi's....Plane's....Trains.....what next??:):whistle::whistle::thumbs:

Oops...and big well done to JP too !! :thumbs:

Edited by llisa32

Well done JP :thumbs::clap: :clap:

Taxi's....Plane's....Trains.....what next??:):whistle::whistle::thumbs:

Planes with wings (and brakes and straight tails) by myself . . . :whistle: Or perhaps not :lol:

I've just managed at a firework display in a crowd of 55,000!!!!!! And now I'm going to sleep in a quiet, darkened room!! :lol: :lol:

Mumble you are doing really well, great work coping with that crowd, I'd have problems with that and I'm NT!

B's grades came home for the Autumn term. As well as academic and progress levels, they are graded on attitude and behaviour. 1 is top, 4 is...not!

Last year, in March, around half his grades were B 3 or 4 and A 3 or 4.

So that was the target I gave him, to improve his attitude and behaviour grades. We went through the discussions of how sometimes he wasn't choosing to be uncooperative, but that others might see his actions in a different way, and I pointed out the ways in which his teachers have adapted to help him.

So this term's grades are all level 1 and 2 for behaviour and attitude.

It looks as if everyone is trying their best! :thumbs:

Great news Bard :first::groupwave:

Now, if B already has his Autumn term grades, does that mean he doesn't have to 'do' school for the rest of the term? :unsure::rolleyes:

just been to do my weekly chop and the supermarket looked a little understocked, after I paid at the checkout they gave me a �5 voucher, apparently they have problems with deliveries and its there way of compensating the customers.

when I got to the car I realised I'd forgotten to get some carrots for the rabbits, went back in paid 34p for the carrots and got another �5 voucher :o :o :o

So thats �10 just for doing my shopping :thumbs:

as they say 'every little helps' :rolleyes:

just been to do my weekly chop and the supermarket looked a little understocked, after I paid at the checkout they gave me a �5 voucher, apparently they have problems with deliveries and its there way of compensating the customers.

when I got to the car I realised I'd forgotten to get some carrots for the rabbits, went back in paid 34p for the carrots and got another �5 voucher :o :o :o

So thats �10 just for doing my shopping :thumbs:

as they say 'every little helps' :rolleyes:

:thumbs: Similar thing happened to me in Boots. I bought my moisturiser & got a �5 voucher cos I'd spent over �10. So I decided to treat myself to that serum everyone's been talking about, and they gave me another �5 voucher. I thought, I could in theory be here for the rest of my life spending vouchers, so found the cheapest thing I could in the scheme (eye make up remover) to bring it to a halt :lol:

My living room is almost finished! Odd Job Phil (a man to treasure, he can turn his hand to anything) has spent the weekend putting up my beautiful shelves. The new chair covers (old gold velvet) come next week, then we are officially done! Ooh it looks lovely. We make visitors take their shoes off cos its the first time EVER I've had a decent carpet! :lol:

Great news about B, Bard :thumbs::first:

Way to go, Bard's lad :notworthy:

My positive: I have a stud wall in my new house and a radiator and piping moved :clap: but...

The wall still isn't plastered, which means the electrician can't do her stuff and the new skirting board can't be installed, which means the new carpet can't be laid, and the walls are all just stripped, and I'm working 5 nights in a row and still doing a couple of hours work in the new house each day too (yesterday I finished my night shift then went to the new house and worked 'till gone midday) and I can't remember what sleep is and I'm thinking about getting R*d B*ll attached to a drip, and...

We're moving in 11 days!! :crying:

Deep breaths, deep breaths...

Boho :ph34r::hypno:

My living room is Officially Finished! (Been working on it since August)

New chair covers arrived today, so Mr pearl can keep his favourite armchair (he wouldnt let me get rid)

And I've just spent a blissful hour arranging books on my beautiful new shelves. The first time EVER all our books have been in one place *sighs with happiness*

Hall, stairs & landing next :ph34r:

And I've just spent a blissful hour arranging books on my beautiful new shelves.

Bringing your work home is supposedly not recommended . . . :whistle:

Great news about the room thogh - we'll have to have a meetup at yours (after Tally's) to admire :lol:

:ph34r: They are all lined up to the edge of the shelves, in Dewey Decimal order :ph34r:

I need to get out more.

You are all welcome here any time, just so long as you take your shoes off as I am paranoid about marks on my first ever "good" carpet! :lol:

:ph34r: They are all lined up to the edge of the shelves, in Dewey Decimal order :ph34r:

With little stickers on the spines and red labels on all the really interesting ones that I want to take and read :(:lol:

You are all welcome here any time, just so long as you take your shoes off as I am paranoid about marks on my first ever "good" carpet! :lol:

That's exactly the sort of comment that people regret making . . . :whistle::devil:

I once drew a spaceship on the living room wall. It was a really good drawing, but my mum wasn't keen.

My good news is: NO MORE WORK FOR 8 DAYS!!!!! :groupwave:

Can we all bring our little dahlings to the meet up at Pearls? :devil::devil:

Youngest dd has done some wonderful felt tip abstract drawings on our toy room wall :shame:

Now, how can I say this without offending you?

NO.

:lol:

I once drew a spaceship on the living room wall. It was a really good drawing, but my mum wasn't keen.

My good news is: NO MORE WORK FOR 8 DAYS!!!!! :groupwave:

You on leave then? Doing anything nice?

I have just booked my Christmas leave. By cunning sleight of hand coupled with my working pattern, I have booked just ONE day, yet get nearly 3 weeks off! :thumbs:

Yeah, I have a week's holiday. I'm going away for a few days while the decorators are wallpapering my hall stairs and landing.

You've done well for Christmas. I get a grand total of 2 nights off, which means driving up to my parents' late Xmas Eve, and heading home early Boxing Day.

I tried to make a victoria sponge cake to take to a friend next week. One cake turned out OK, but the other collapsed in the middle. I thought I could hide it, but when I tried to tip it out of the tin, it fell to pieces. Why is this good? Because not only do I have crumbled cake to go and feed the ducks with, I shall have to eat the other half all by myself! :eat1:

I'm sticking with fairy cakes in future!

Why is this good? Because not only do I have crumbled cake to go and feed the ducks with, I shall have to eat the other half all by myself! :eat1:

Anyone would think you planned it. Now if you need any help with that cake, I can be a very helpful person :eat::lol: