hev

my positive thread

I kicked ass with social services today - my mums carer forgot to administer her pills, the only damn thing she is supposed to do, so I got that days payment to the care agency stopped :ninja:

you go pearl :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

nick taking steve to london next week for the day and we gonna take each day as it comes,hes home now :thumbs:

Have a smashing half term with Steve home Hev :D

I'm in middle of two lots of packing.....DS is off to Holland for a week tomorrow :tearful: I know he'll have so much fun, but by heck, I'll miss him :rolleyes: I'm off to see friends for the night tomorrow, so really looking forward to that. There is something so fab about seeing friends who knew you pre-kids :curlers:

Guest Lya of the Nox
Have a smashing half term with Steve home Hev :D

I'm in middle of two lots of packing.....DS is off to Holland for a week tomorrow :tearful: I know he'll have so much fun, but by heck, I'll miss him :rolleyes: I'm off to see friends for the night tomorrow, so really looking forward to that. There is something so fab about seeing friends who knew you pre-kids :curlers:

hope you both have a great time baggy

hev am soo please steve home, have fun :)

i am just pleased that i dont have to get up much next week

x

Its had v good reviews. Is that a pic of you? You look exactly how I imagined!

Yeah that is a pic of me :D Weird :lol: I don't recognise myself in pictures. :lol:

Edited by ScienceGeek

I've had a lovely day with my sister. Really needed it else I may have exploded today over the stress of my meeting tomorrow. We went (lots of) wine tasting all afternoon - the more we had the more we took literally the 'proper' wine tasting methods - swirl and slurp, swirl and slurp!! :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: Also got to try some interesting cocktails and shots of very alcoholic substances - yeuch!!! :sick: But the best thing was, it only cost us �1.25 each :thumbs: :thumbs: as we'd found money off coupons and a 2 for 1 offer :thumbs::drunk:

We followed it with a trip to a prison and torture museum where I got my feet stuck in the stocks :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

Got a bit of a headache (and ankle ache!!) now . . . :rolleyes:

Mumble, you're not supposed to swallow the wine, you know.. :shame::D:drunk: I hope you don't have a hangover tomorrow :rolleyes:

Well spitting seemed such a waste. We were offered spit dishes, but disgracefully declined :D:drunk:

Well really Mumble, you might have invited me along, talk about a tailor made event for me.. :drunk::lol:

Well when you come down for the Greenwich group, we can go then - I can teach you my vast quantities of (stainless steel vat fermented - better for the overal taste ... something to do with the temperature - but kinda wasn't listening then) wine induced sniff, swirl, slurp, swallow technique!!! :drunk::lol:

And I now know how to tell the alcohol content of a wine of glass without reading the bottle label - very very important skill!!!!

Well when you come down for the Greenwich group, we can go then - I can teach you my vast quantities of (stainless steel vat fermented - better for the overal taste ... something to do with the temperature - but kinda wasn't listening then) wine induced sniff, swirl, slurp, swallow technique!!! :drunk::lol:

And I now know how to tell the alcohol content of a wine of glass without reading the bottle label - very very important skill!!!!

Sounds like fun :lol:

I have a headache! (Hmm, can't think why :drunk:). Why is this a positive - because I'm going to be a right grump in my meeting with disability witch later and she deserves every bit of my grumpiness. :devil::whistle:

i thought id join in with this thread as i relise its very hard to see the postives sometimes and i get very stuck in a negative cycle myself..........i relise that there is many positives in a day -even if they are just small windows of them -and i now try to savour them when i can......

today has been a very good day -my son was good for me this morning (one of major things that we are trying to sort out at mo-the morning routine)

and also at home time i worked double hard when i picked him up and all through tea time to try and help him stay calm ....and it worked too..........so feeling very happy :thumbs:

Bought a bunch of daffs...I love that first bunch of the year, makes me feel as though spring is on its way :clap:

Boho :dance:

We have some in a couple of vases on top of the dvd shelves. They have opened up already! Brings a little bit of colour to our messy flat. I'm really liking the fact that it is light by 7:30 now so I don't have to walk to the station in the dark anymore :thumbs: It seems a lot lighter and brighter outside nowadays :thumbs:

Ooh yes bid, spring flowers - I've been getting potted hyacinths for a while, they scent the whole house.

Forbsay, sooo glad you are happy at work :thumbs:

I can now go for a twenty min run and leave Jay at home on his own. :thumbs: I take my phone with me, but he doesn't bother to call me (thank goodness!! :whistle: ) and he doesn't even miss me when I'm gone. I'm gonna extend it to a 30 min run soon. :D

Back in the Summer, the thought of me popping out of the house for two mins and leaving him absolutely terrified him and was unimagineable. :thumbs:

~ Mel ~

:thumbs: thats brilliant mel, you & he have made huge progress in this area, well done!

He may even reach the stage where he likes being home alone - JP loves it & nags us to go out! :lol:

Thanks Pearl. Yep, we've come a long way since the Summer. :thumbs: It's great, 'cos during holidays I could never run during the week and had to wait 'til the weekend or 'til DH got home from work and I never felt like it then, but now I can pop out in the morning, so it's all good and it makes a huge difference. :D

~ Mel ~

My biology lecture was cancelled this morning :thumbs: I had the opportunity to sleep in so am feeling a lot more refreshed and prepared to go to uni for maths and physics, hopefully won't be half falling asleep during them this week. :lol:

My mum is taking the girlies out for the day. I feel like getting me PJ's back on, making a cuppa and going back to bed to read for the day.....but I know I'd feel too guilty so I'll crack on with the ironing, put yet another load of washing on, make a low fat lasagna for tea, sweep up and hoover downstairs, sort my eyebrows out (which are taking over my face), and trudge round the supermarket.......

But, after all that moaning :lol: still have the day to myself :thumbs:

baggy im going to get my eyebrows waxed today and my upper lip,my facial hair is horrendous :rolleyes:

Hev, we are definately twins chuck :lol::lol:

If I plucked me beard, I'd be there all day, it's spreading at a rapid rate of knots, and I'm getting sideburns to rival Elvis :lol:

Well, me shopping is done, me floors are done, and me lasagna is done, bish bash bosh.....just waiting for the girlies to come home laden down with more things from the charity shops..... :lol:

what did they get from charity shops baggy? nick came back with a big mickey mouse jigsaw for k for 50p :thumbs:

oh sorry,should i have wrote m**key mou*e jigsaw baddad? :P:lol:

they did well then :thumbs: my katie and steve loves charity shops too :thumbs:

I love charity shops too, always finding cheap books to buy. If only I could get around to reading them all . :lol: :lol: :lol: