hev

my positive thread

my positive today is katies been given an extra morning at nursey :thumbs::thumbs: will go 5 mornings a week now,long walk for me each way but could do with losing a few pounds

School was quiet and nothing major happened. That means it was a bit boring though. Sorry I'd rather have chaos. ;) So what can my positive be for today. I think the top one is a got to talk to all you on here. :D The other is that my head feels a lot lighter again. Had my hair cut. So a lot cooler and nicer too. I wish my hair didn't grow quite as fast. Have a double crown as well. It can be a pain to manage at times, will be nice and easy for a while though. :)

Supposed to be a sign of intelligence you know a double crown ! ;) bet you got eye lashes to die for as well

My positive for today - :thumbs: Connor went to school today (been off school 9/10 days in past 2 weeks) no tears and very little fuss

Clare x

my positive today is my sister picking k up from nursery so im gonna have a good old look round the charity shops without her getting fed up

Positive for today. That would be a chat we had in the Rainbow Centre when no students were around. Ended up with 4 adults roaring with laughter. I do like going in there. Also a big suprise was that the group who normally messes me around decided to behave for the whole of last lesson when there was a supply teacher in the room. I have a feeling it was the best I have ever seen them behave. Still can't quite believe it.

woo-hoo nipped on scales this morning and lost another 2lbs since saturday now lost 8 stone 2 lbs which in lbs is 114 lbs since last year tryed my jeans on again and there not as tight said to mark a week or 2 will be wearing them

Just managed to add another person to my list of resources for once in teaching. The person who is leading a literacy course that I am on (3 twilight sessions in total) told me tonight if I ever need any advice on English and Literacy to give her a call. That means that I now can call on my old special school for advice about Autism and this Lady for advice on English. I understand contacts are very useful so will make as many as possible. Didn't even have to ask her if that was okay. She volunteered. Was also impressed that I want to go into special needs even more so when I said I was science and in particular Physics. Also got told I should contact the person incharge of science as they'd likely be interested in me once I qualified. :D I seem to make a good impression on people. :D

Another positive for today. Just watched a really good Poirot that I recorded a few days ago. I do like a good detective. :)

my fave detective is frost and i used to enjoy columbo

I gave a lecture about life with AS to 50 psychiatrists and an AS professor expert and didn't get laughed at or have a 'trouser accident'. I also managed to resist the urge to beat up the AS professor expert for being a <insert VERY rude word here> and not having the faintest idea what he was talking about

Edited by TheNeil

I gave a lecture about life with AS to 50 psychiatrists and an AS professor expert and didn't get laughed at. I also managed to resist the urge to beat up the AS professor expert for being a <insert VERY rude word here> and not having the faintest idea what he was talking about

Wow! Congratuations Hmm - what word am I allowed to use?

So what did you do in place of beating him up? Let me guess, the house brick just 'accidentally' slipped out of your hands!!! :lol:

Wow! Congratuations Hmm - what word am I allowed to use?

So what did you do in place of beating him up? Let me guess, the house brick just 'accidentally' slipped out of your hands!!! :lol:

He made an eloquent little speech about how AS displayed itself, how it affected people and all the rest of it. I then did a little speech of my own that totally contradicted everything he'd just (Aspies don't have a sense of humour indeed tsk, tsk, tsk)

BTW Tried to send you a PM but the forum is playing up - you 'don't exist' :blink:

He made an eloquent little speech about how AS displayed itself, how it affected people and all the rest of it. I then did a little speech of my own that totally contradicted everything he'd just (Aspies don't have a sense of humour indeed tsk, tsk, tsk)

BTW Tried to send you a PM but the forum is playing up - you 'don't exist' :blink:

Ooh, I'd love to know who the 'he' is . . . I do hope you weren't being humourous and letting the side down . . . :lol:

As to not existing - that must be why I'm feeling better this week - if I don't exist I can't feel . . . or something like that . . . :unsure::wacko:

Does this mean the PM I sent you is still flying round in cyber-space along with the washing up liquid bottle and sticky-back-plastic??? :rolleyes:

Sounds great TN. :D (That's you been able to show up an expert not him.)

Also there is a post to do with PM problems in the Techie Corner. Lufty seems to think it is mainly due to browsers: http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...view=getnewpost

Probably worth letting him know that you have the same problem. That way hopefully they might be able to track it down.

-----------------------------------------

Hev - I like Frost too. Mind you I like most of the detectives. Not seen much Columbo though. :)

Well done caren and TheNeil. I should be having lunch in the city with a friend and later this evening will be going round my other friends (kids in tow ) for another chat. Also hoping to tie up a few loose ends before I go out :D AND finally my guinea pigs have squeaked! I have been waiting ages but they're pleased to see me now and actually come out to eat in front of me...aaw :wub: I hope the neighbours can't hear but when I go in to them I greet them with: "Hello boys!" :lol:

Todays positive. Got to watch an amusing version of 'The Tempest' this afternoon that was put on for the year 9s. Also earlier in the day had a good yarn and laugh up in the rainbow centre. Both people who were up there were saying they should be careful not to convince me that they're mad. Hence I retorted well you both know I am. They then decided to try and make up their minds whether I need instutionalising. It's not my fault I only complained about the school holidays on one occasion. :rolleyes:

Guest flutter

me and my beautiful dd are off for the weekend on a plane

once i get her off at the other end i can breath lol

My positive for today is that I didn't eat any crisps. :thumbs:

~ Mel ~

Don't worry Mel....I ate enough for both of us..........not sure that's a positive though :whistle:

Only one day left and then i have two weeks off... :dance::thumbs:

Although...

So does M (no chance of any peace then.. :rolleyes: )

Don't have two pennies to rub together - so we won't be doing much! :rolleyes:

Will have reports to write... :wallbash:

....and planning to sort out... :tearful:

Anyhoooo .... :huh:

Whooooo - Hooooooo! :dance::D

woo-hoo nipped on scales this morning and lost another 2lbs since saturday now lost 8 stone 2 lbs which in lbs is 114 lbs since last year tryed my jeans on again and there not as tight said to mark a week or 2 will be wearing them

caren well done!!!!how brilliat is that :thumbs::thumbs:

my positives today are i saw my friend who i havent seen for 3 months since our fall out,it was lovely,she said shes really missed my stupid ways :rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol: i lost 3 pound at ww makes my total now a stone lost :thumbs::thumbs:

steve really enjoyed his respite,he went swimming

Smiley my positive is exactly the same as yours. Just one more day of work and then a fortnight off - well not entirely cos I've bought a big pile of paper work home as usual. But in between the boring bits I shall have a chance to just be mum for a while which is brill.

Well muy positive for the day is really ben's positive for the day...

It was the easter service at school and ben came home all giggly and happy because a GIRL in his class had BLOWN OFF while the vicar was talking :o:o:o

Bless his cotton socks - he was chuckling about it all night...

If it makes him happy, it makes me happy :D

If only life could always be that simple...

L&P

BD :D

I am wagging class today :thumbs: Studying Fine Arts and loving it. Go out to the art galleries at least once a fortnight, just had a whole day of it yesterday, feeling really chuffed. :thumbs:

Had to sort out some things at school for my daughter, so I took the morning off Graphic Imagery. The summer heat is going and I can start to feel winter even though it is Autumn, BRING IT ON..... :robbie::robbie::robbie: I love the cool air finally a decent nights sleep. Its has been terribly humid at nights.

Oops done another bad thing, broke Lent without thinking and ate chocolate :rolleyes:

:)

Edited by Frangipani

Well muy positive for the day is really ben's positive for the day...

It was the easter service at school and ben came home all giggly and happy because a GIRL in his class had BLOWN OFF while the vicar was talking :o:o:o

Bless his cotton socks - he was chuckling about it all night...

If it makes him happy, it makes me happy :D

If only life could always be that simple...

L&P

BD :D

Tell Ben I said it isn't polite to blame it on the girl, we know HE really did it. :whistle::lol::lol:

my positive is katie starts primary in september and i got the letter today confirming she has a place in the school i really wanted her in :thumbs:

someone handed my bus pass in the council which i dropped and they posted it back to me :thumbs:

It's the start of the Easter Holidays!!! Had some good laughs in the 'Rainbow Centre' at school and had a nice easy day. Hopefully will be a bit cooler in their after Easter though. Was far too hot in school again. Also had the adorable Year 7s. :)

Hi everyone,

we had the most fantastic day out yesterday. We went on Puffing Billy - it's a steam/diesal train - and it was great fun. It was for my son's birthday as he turned 6. We went with some friends and for those of you who might remember, Sojourned came too. He was fantasitc with my son, (keeping an eye on him and pulling him into line every now and again :notworthy: ), and was great to have along - especially as he brought along a pizza he had made himself - including the base - and it was delicious :thumbs: .

Now just have to get through the next couple of weeks - gotta love the school holidays...

Cheers,

Eva

Watched 'Meet The Robinsons' at the cinema. It was a good laugh but will convince anyone (who isn't already convinced) that scientists are crazy. ;) It is one of the best films I've seen in a while. In fact done well the last two weekends as Mr. Bean last week was fun too. Also had a nice Sunday lunch and got around to booking tickets and somewhere to stay for the Oxford weekend. Hope everyone else has had a good day too. Now really need to go get my beauty sleep. Have a look at my photo and you'll see why I need it. ;) LOL All in all another good day. :)

My positive is that I went to a very enjoyable seminar in town yesterday, went window-shopping afterwards and came home to find the washing on the line and husband baking with youngest!!!!!!!

Normally , aw I won't ruin the moment!!!!!!!

Delighted

Alli