hev

my positive thread

my positive today is ive managed to ignore all the easter eggs ive hidden in my bedroom for kids and not scoff the lot!!

got all my washing on the line,so house dont look like a laundry any more with piles of washing everywhere!!

My positive for today............I've just posted my friend's birthday present off to her. :thumbs: She lives miles and miles away so it'll be a nice surprise for her. I cant wait to hear if she likes what i've sent.

My positive for tomorrow MUST be that I've finished my assignment and got it bundled up to post :pray::pray:

I guess I'd better get cracking at it then :rolleyes::tearful::wallbash:

SV

I dragged took lil man food shopping today - and was stress free :thumbs:

Wasn't just a ickle shop either, was huuuuuge.....and i had lots to get.

I had a couple of grumbles 'too noisy, too bright, are we finished now' and the usual bouncing around like tigger *with me going 'sorry' like a bloomin' broken record to whoever/whatever he's crashed into this time..... :rolleyes: *.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, he coped really well :notworthy::thumbs: never thought we'd manage a shopping trip without a shutdown - very chuffed mummy :D

Just got back in after going out with a friend. We went for a short walk near Consett and then to Pizza Hut before going back to hers to watch a DVD. Not quite sure what I made of the film. (Not sure on it's name but the basic plot is there is a women righting a book and it happens to be about a real person who can hear her doing a commentry on his life.) Enjoyed the walk though. No pictures this time I'm afraid. Didn't think to pick up my mums digital camera. Also enjoyed it because it was the first day of the holidays. Spent sometime with my bro this morning (without him saying a word to me). I played on the 360 (Crackdown) whilst he played on the PC (World of Warcraft - he's literally addicted!). Off out to see a friend from the first mainstream school I worked at tomorrow. (Can go down as a postive for today as that is when I organised it.) :D

My positive for yesterday :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: I finally got my assignment done and posted off to my tutor. I am so relieved.........thought I'd never do it!!! So thats, it no more study for me............LOL till it comes back failed and I have to resubmit that is :rolleyes::rolleyes: .

Positive for today............I can start reading the pile of novels that i got last Christmas.Starting with The Labyrinth..........anyone read it already?

SV

My positive for today.....DH has gone to a school reunion, and is staying over as it's a few hours away :) .....and eldest DD has gone to stay at my mum's till Sunday :thumbs: ........the house is SO calm :wub: Youngest dd thinks it's great, because she doesn't have to worry about not getting all my attention (although she is a little worried, because her scream has gone...he he....voice is abit croaky from a really stressful day out recently....she keeps practising, and looking worried :lol: she says she NEEDS her scream back :whistle: ), anyway... she is really happy at the mo, chilling on a sun lounger, and DS is in room sulking, because he's grounded, so he's only wandering down for meals, and then stropping back to his room :lol: It's like pre kiddies :clap:

Got a lovely evening planned, long bath, read a book, nice tea, dvd....... :wub::thumbs:

Edited by Bagpuss

Don't worry Mel....I ate enough for both of us..........not sure that's a positive though :whistle:

Haha! :rolleyes:

My next positive is I bought big Easter eggs for DH and DS and just an insy winsy Twirl for myself!! :thumbs:

~ Mel ~

Mel :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

One of our neighbours dropped off 3 eggs this afternoon for our 3..........I've just let youngest dd have a little bit after her tea, but it was SO hard not to ram a whole bag of Buttons in my mouth :whistle:

I've got a chicken stir fry and WW pud for tea.......where's me halo? :curlers:

Hi,

I've had a really good day today today (for a change!). My mum and dad brought my nan round to my house to see the new baby and have lunch. Kai actually got dressed (wow!) and joined us for lunch (even though he didn't sit up at the table, but i can't ask for miracles!).

This afternoon i've started tackling my front garden whilst Jesse slept in his pram and Kai played with his jungle animals on the patio. The sun was shining and it was really lovely!

Then we went to the shop and bought easter eggs to scoff tonight!

Loulou xx

me and k went to the park near us and made daisy chains :D it was lovely and peaceful then we went up mums then my friends,nice day

Um not added anything for a couple of days. So lets see:

Yesterday: (This is embarising having problems remembering what I did yesterday. Oh I know...) went out for a meal for my friends birthday along with some other teachers from her school with whom she is friends. Also got a lift there and back from my dad which made things nice and easy. (Earlier on had been rather lazy and just played on my console. Not suprising that I forgot about it.)

Today: Went for a nice very short walk down in the Yorkshire Dales. As with all my prefered walks had the highlight of all my walking on the route. A nice waterfall. Unfortunatally my mum has the digital camera with her at the moment and is away for a couple of weeks. So no photos this time. Unless I can get some off my friend who has just got a new digital camera for her birthday. After that went and had a party tea with her family who are up in Richmond at the moment. Off out with them all tomorrow too. Also got told to call in when I'm down at Kettering (they live in Peterborough - hope that's the correct spelling). :)

Hope everyone else has had a good few days as the start of the holiday too. Also got to meet up with one of the people I worked with at my first mainstream school earlier in the week which was good too. I always like to catch up with people. Just wish I was a bit better at communicating and staying in touch.

today i went to my local club to celebrate a members 100th birthday really enjoyed myself :thumbs: stuck to diet coke as well cos of my diet :thumbs:

steve been lovely tonight,very cuddly to me,maybe my old stevies back eh!!!hope so :thumbs::pray::pray::pray:

Glad that you had a good day Hev. You deserved one after the fun and games you have been having recently. Hearing that your day was good is another plus I can add to a good day.

Today I have been out with my friend and her family. Had a nice picknick lunch down at Hardwick Hall Park and a walk around the park. They're in the process of doing it up and as a lot of it is basically a water garden I was happy. Then had a nice chinese for tea tonight.

david your diary must be full up,you are always out,good on ya,i would be out more if i could,i dont like staying in,even before steve i didnt, i get bored easy

Diary?! Plan in advance?!!! Luckily I have flexible friends who are normally happy to do stuff at short notice. I've got one in particular (the physics teacher) who I do most stuff with. She is on her own up here (family are from Peterbrough) and only has a hand full of friends up this way. Out of them I tend to be the most likely to be free at anytime. Recently also started going out occasionally with people from work (or my ex-work to be precise). Partially to keep contacts open and also because I got on with everyone there so well. I don't have the largest group of friends ever but the ones I do have tend to be very good. Also normally the type who would happily go out of their way to help me if I needed them to, and I'd happily do the same in return. I guess in that sense I have just always been lucky when it comes to making friends. That said I can manage to fit in quickly almost anywhere. That was commented on by the teachers in Kenya. They came down to if I was in a country where English was spoken I could have friends by the end of the day in most cases. Wish I could say I found it that easy to make friends here. Part of the reason I did so well out there was I managed to land myself in a group with similar ideas. That said I never like been on my own. Luckily my mum has always been happy for us to have friends round. Used to be we had people round every night. Only recently has stopped. My brother bored the last one I think with repetitive World of Warcraft playing. That and I'm out a lot more nowdays. One of my other friends tried calling today when I was out too. That reminds me that I need to get back to him. Well all the best,

David.

P.S. Also I wouldn't normally be so up to meeting people I don't know. For some reason the 2 trips just appealed to me. Once I get an idea in my head I often will go with it though.

my positive today,sun was shining,had my dinner in the garden.

mum,dad,sister and bro in law came over for a while

very good neighbour asked if steve would like to go fishing next week

steve sleeping at my sisters tonight

having a very good day again :thumbs::thumbs:

Mel :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

One of our neighbours dropped off 3 eggs this afternoon for our 3..........I've just let youngest dd have a little bit after her tea, but it was SO hard not to ram a whole bag of Buttons in my mouth :whistle:

I've got a chicken stir fry and WW pud for tea.......where's me halo? :curlers:

Aw, bravo Bagpuss, what a star you are, such willpower!! :notworthy::notworthy::thumbs:>:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

For today, me and DH and J went for a walk and took a football with us and J actually kicked it about for a bit and even RAN!! We kept up our kick-about for about ten minutes, which is absolutely unheard of for him!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

~ Mel ~

Ohhhhh it's such a perfect day... I'm glad i spent it with Ben.....

I got tea in bed, he got a plain chocolate egg with raspberry bits in and loved it... Then:

His (group) golf lesson went really well and he was really chatting away with the other kids. Then it was such lovely weather I walked him round the nine-holer afterward and he played some absolutely stunning golf and was really pleased with himself...Came home and had some time out and then went for a bike ride, then he cleaned all the patio furniture while I cooked dinner. While he was eating he told me 'Well it looks kinda funky but it tastes FUNKAAAAYYY :clap::lol::lol::lol: He kind of ruined it a bit by telling me it was a quote from Futurama, but the timing, the context and delivery made my day. While we were eating in the garden I said 'What if Jamie's ball comes over (boy next door - always kicking his ball into our garden) the fence and lands in your dinner - that'll be funny'. ben says, 'No it wouldn't it would ruin my food', so i say, 'what if it comes over and lands in MY dinner?' Ben rolls up - 'That would be brilliant!!'......

Sorry if i've been a bit self-indulgent, but it's days like this... ya know??

L&P

Prouddad :D

Positives for today.

Played football with some mates for the first time in ages (I think well over a year). Ache a bit now but I need the exercise. Especially with Kenya looming. Need to get my fitness level up a lot and quick. Also like playing football and they're a great group. Played in total for about 2 hours. Ache now though. At least remembered to have a nice long soak when I got back.

Had 2 Sunday Lunches. My Mum is away hence I'd accepted an offer to go over a friends for sunday lunch. However because her plans changed it went to tea time rather than dinner. That meant I was here instead. As mum was away dad came round (with mums permission) to help my brother make a sunday lunch. As I was here I got some twice. So had loads of roast potatoes, 4 yorkshire puddings, loads of peas, a beef steak and some honey roast ham (my bro won't do meat). I guess this has the negative that it probably undid all the good of playing football.

I think I'm slowly talking my bro (who seems to be rolling in money (metaphorically speaking) at the moment to buy a new LCD display. Think I'm going to have to go the TV route. However it is for his bedroom. I'll just get to use it. :) Nice high definition console gaming. :thumbs:

Went to a car boot fair for the first time in ages today. Didn't think we (me and my dad) would find anything given how much we'd already looked around. Then managed to find a good ADSL router cheap. One I remember looking at in the past. That means dad now just needs to sort out who to use (he'll look at reviews on www.ispreview.co.uk). Then I managed to find an air hockey table for �15. Decided it was too good to leave. Now just need to find somewhere to put it. I'm sure I can manage to use it when I come to teach about friction. ;) Also had a nice chinese tonight. Went for Duck with Pineapple tonight. Hope you've all had good days too. :)

my positive today is steves at respite so i can go on here at last :thumbs:

that's TWO positives...

Hope you all enjoy the break from one another and the rest it brings >:D<<'>

L&P

BD :D

another positive!!ive got a slope outside my house and me and steve were on skateboards going down the ramp,very funny,dunno what neighbours thought but it was brilliant!!

another positive!!ive got a slope outside my house and me and steve were on skateboards going down the ramp,very funny,dunno what neighbours thought but it was brilliant!!

Cor! Skateboards, eh? How the other half live...

When I was little we could only afford a single roller-skate :tearful::(

We had to put a book on top, then you rode down the hill gripping the book ends and steering by leaning left and right... when you hit a bump the skate would stop but you and the book wouldn't, and you'd go along for the last 100 yards with your whole body weight taking the skin off your knuckles :crying:

I'm still picking out the occassional piece of gravel now...

And we used to make bikes out of old bits we found on the tip... I remember one i had where the ratchet on the back was stuck in third gear and I would near rupture myself trying to start on an incline... Got round it though - I put a twenty six inch wheel on the back and a twenty inch on the front so i was always going down hill!! Strangest thing of all - it worked! :thumbs::thumbs: I still have an unusual gait though - ruined my modelling career! It doesn't notice when I'm pottering in the garden, though - it must be a garden gait! :devil::devil:

Sorry - this happens when i'm tired... I'll go to bed soon, I promise!

I 'caddied' for his lordship again today, and the sun shone all the way round! :DB)

L&P

BD

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh the mammories memoriesssss......

I can remember dragging the poor ol' dog to the top of the hill - stickin' on me rollerskates, crouching down low and shouting 'CATS!!!!!!'. Great fun :thumbs: My gawd, that dog could run fast :lol: . I remember her stopping very....VERY sudddenly to sniff something or other - and me hurtling past her wondering if i should let go of the lead - or just drag her along with me :lol:

I found a gorgeous old silver cross pram once at the dump - being the tomboy that i was, i immediately took it home and built a really cool B) go-cart type thingy :thumbs:. Thems were the days............ :D

Positive for today - I'm happy :D , sun was shinin', sky was blue, and i had absolutely nuffink to do......etc......etc.......

I built an EIGHT WHEELER go cart out of a silver cross pram (A) and a silver cross frame (B )... Basically I nailed a bit of wood to the bottom of (A) then stuck a bolt through the end of the bit of wood which hooked over rear axel of (B ) you steered ( :lol::lol::lol: ) by jerking the whole of (B ) with as much force as you could muster - it handled like a very unaccommodating pig! I climbed into the body of (A) wearing a full face, cardboard Huckleberry Hound mask i'd bought at a jumble sale (it was originally free on the back of a packet of ricicles but we couldn't afford them!) which slipped over my eyes as I careered down the longest/steepest/busiest road in the area... I finished up in the 'stinky pond' at the bottom of the gasworks, and the eight wheeler finished up at the BOTTOM of the stinky pond at the bottom of the gasworks... My cardboard Huckleberry Hound mask disintegrated :( ... so did my clothes about two days later - I dread to think what was in that stinky-pond, but it ate through cloth like a navvy at a cheese and pickle sandwich...

Edited by baddad

Got all the components for the new PC I'm building (well built - using it to write this - still installing stuff though). Vista looks nice from a first look. Another positive is this PC means I get a better one in my room. We always have the best PC in my bros room and go splits on the price of building it. Also where our consoles are kept. Especially pleased that it is working as had a scare this morning. It wouldn't display a picture. Eventually noticed light on the floppy drive was on all the time. Pulled that out (yanked might be more accurate) and it worked. Now got to sneak all the games on that my bro is not so keen on. ;)

Incase anyone is interested in specs: Asus Striker Extreme Mobo, Intel Core Duo E6700, 4Gb Ram (4x1Gb), NVidia 8800GTX, 6x 250gb Hard Drives in Raid 0 mode (anyone got any ideas how to fill a terrabyte? ;)), Creative X-Fi Sound Card, 2x DVD writers and Windows Vista Ultimate Edition.

Only problem is I have a feeling our old PCs are going to feel rather slow. Can't wait for some DirectX 10 games to arrive.

Never was one for skateboarding or rollerskating (or blading) myself. Well at least not able to do any tricks or anything. Still can remember having fun playing around with a skateboard and a pair of rollerblades. Have both somewhere too. Never perfected the art of stopping though. I can tell you a positive for tomorrow now. My mum gets back. House is too quiet without her. Bro is around but he has never been a great one for conversation. :)

this is gonna sound like a really boring positive but i defrosted my freezer after 3 years :rolleyes::rolleyes: nothing could hardly fit in it before i done it!!made me happy but then im easily pleased :lol::lol:

Had a lovely walk today with all 3 kiddies.....DS showed me a short cut into town (I've apparantly been walking the long way for 3 years :lol::oops: )....and it was smashing, really pretty, through woodland, past streams.........just tried to ignore the graffiti, dog poo, floating lager cans..... :whistle: Stopped off at the park on the way home, youngest dd really chilled (makes all the difference :thumbs: ), and came back feeling really contented with my lot in life :wacko: I'm easily pleased too Hev :lol:

My mum is home!!! :D

The PC I built yesterday is still working. (I'll be even happier if it stays this way for more than a week. Played around more than I usually would with the hardware.)

I could have a normal conversation for the first time in a few days. :) (I.E. no hour long pauses or more detail than anyone could ever want to know (that's my dad), or no conversation at all, well if your lucky maybe a few words as a reply but using the least effort possible (that's my brother).

Starting to miss school now. Which means I'll be fresh when I get back. Was the first time I'd ever wanted the holidays to arrive whilst working in a school.

Went to the market today and bought some lovely shrubs for the garden: a Ceanothus (a good 3 ft!), a Golden Mock Orange, and a very pretty Clematis. The whole lot came to �11.90!! :o:thumbs:

So tomorrow, it'll be planting!! :clap:

Boho :dance:

Spent all day in the sunshine in Regent's Park with my big sis. :thumbs:

~ Mel ~

Spent all day in casualty outpatients with my big cyst :(

Sorry... I'll get me coat......

Not sure I've got a specific 'positive' today - but on the other hand I haven't got any negatives! So that's my positive - No negatives! Yippeeeeeee!!!

(BTW - If anyone has got the negatives I'll pay a one off payment of �200.00 But not a penny more) ;)

L&P

BD :D