hev

my positive thread

Lake District saw us too! Had a great time. First time stayed in a shared dorm with my DD (previously only stayed in family rooms but none available this time so we just bit the bullet ), and it was OK. Also have stopped giving medication to my DD....no problems. So all in all things going well chez us. Sure my DD would rather spend her holidays at home by herself alone in her room doing whatever she does but she fitted in with us and I wanted a holiday! We made sure that we fitted in some pony riding to keep DD happy too. So all this family kept happy doing what they like to do. What more can you ask!!!!

Pleased you've had a lovely hols Sadie :D

MP3/iPods players........... i LOVE mine :clap:

At the moment i've got Duffy Album / Goldfrapp Album / Daft Punk Album / & Perfume, Audiobook, on the go.

Fan-bloomin'-tastic for when i need to zone out my darling child......... :wacko::rolleyes::lol::D

My dad has finally been released from hospital.

He looks like the walking dead, can't stand up by himself, or speak in sentences, but he was cracking up being incarcerated.

He doesn't cope well with restraint and rules, and he was driving them up the wall as well.

They reckon he might be calmer and give things a better chance of healing at home.

We'll just have to wait and see.

But to quote Monty "I'm not dead yet!'

Bard,

Hope you will see some improvement now that your dad's happier.

>:D<<'> to you and family,

K x

Edited by Kathryn

I went for a slide...

...and survived.

Had a slight accident today whilst out walking on Grasmoor in the Lake District. The weather wasn't great so all the rocks were rather slippy. I had a rock break off in my hand and then the next thing I knew I was sliding down the face of the rock over a 3ft drop some how landed well and kept sliding. Luckily I managed to grab a bit of heather and bring myself to a halt. (About 30ft down the hill side - Oops!) Even more luckily I seem to have got away with just a slightly grazed finger and one finger nail having lifted very slightly in the centre. I think I rather worried my mum as she decided then that we had to turn round and head back down. It wasn't the nicest weather I've walked in recently (in fact it was probably the worst - low cloud that meant poor visibility and for the first 10 mins or so we had light rain). Still enjoyed it. Mum keeps telling me I'm a jammy sod (why I'm a lump of earth I don't know) and that today has reaffirmed her faith in the fact that I have a whole flock of guardian angels. Now just have to work out where we could go walking tomorrow. Can't be too late back as have kayaking in the evening. Trying to organise to go on the other 2 adventure camps the church runs too. Yes I know I'm quite mad. :whistle::devil:

Edited by David Matthew Baker

Woo Hoo!!!!!!! In just over an hours time I shall be leaving to go to Londons' O2 arena to relive my teenage days!! :thumbs:

I'm going to see Boyzone Back Again-No Matter What... I can't wait. Getting all jittery now :lol:

Went to see my other halfs first gig with his new band t'other night and it was absolutely fabtastick!!! :band:

Not up everyone's street, being awsome metal, but they were great and I had a blast and I was very proud of the lads!! Yaaay!!

Hope you enjoy the concert, Kellyanne, have fun!!

Esther x

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Had THE MOST FANTASTIC night last night, Boyz look better than ever especially when they all decided to take their tops off!!! Phwoar!!! :wub: :wub: got all hot under the collar then I can tell you!

And I amazed myself at the fact that I remebered ALL the words to their songs. Bring on the next tour.

Edited by kellyanne

Woo Hoo!!!!!!! In just over an hours time I shall be leaving to go to Londons' O2 arena to relive my teenage days!! :thumbs:

I'm going to see Boyzone Back Again-No Matter What... I can't wait. Getting all jittery now :lol:

my fave song by boyzone is no matter what,oh i just love that song,love boyzone :wub:

my fave song by boyzone is no matter what,oh i just love that song,love boyzone :wub:

They did that song as an encore where they went onto a small round stage and came over the crowd :wub: like I said befor absolutely brilliant!!

:thumbs:

Now go & take a cold shower :lol:

My bedroom is nearly finished, lookin gawjuss :thumbs: What does anyone think to just one dark red wall (F*rr*w & B*lls Blazer) behind the bed, to contrast with the cream that will be on the others? Stop it looking too bland?

I think that sounds really nice pearl :thumbs:

We've just been to a DIY store and looked at some wallpaper samples thinking a cream wallpaper with maroon flowers on it on the biggest wall and then a lighter maroony colour paint on the other walls

:thumbs:

Now go & take a cold shower :lol:

My bedroom is nearly finished, lookin gawjuss :thumbs: What does anyone think to just one dark red wall (F*rr*w & B*lls Blazer) behind the bed, to contrast with the cream that will be on the others? Stop it looking too bland?

We want piccies Pearl :bounce::bounce::bounce:

I've just painted our bedroom, the colour looked all browny, creamy and scrummy on the tin, but looks like vomit now it's dried :lol::oops:

I havent got digi, Baggy, but I'll see if S will take a phone pic when its finished.

Vomit :lol:>:D<<'> thats why matchpots were invented!

If I'm not careful soon I won't have any free time. As normal everything seems to be happening at once. Befriending which I thought had dropped off the radar has suddenly reappeared (the person who organises it had been off on long term sick). My dad is interested in doing some sailing courses at Sunderland and has asked if I'd like to join him. Decided to go to his church today and ask if they needed any help with the youth groups. Was told definately and should be recieving an email soon with possible ways I could help. Mainly decided that would be sensible because I look like I'm going to end up quite involved with the churches adventure camps (mainly because I encouraged them to ask, not that I'm complaining) hence I thought it would be a good idea to get to know some of the kids. It will probably mean helping at some stage on sunday (either morning or evening depending on age range) and possibly one evening during the week. I'm still going paddling on the Thursdays and am coming on in leaps and bounds. As the main instructor put it, the layers of rust are quickly getting brushed aside. Really enjoying it too and hope to be able to do my 2 star award soon and then move onto Level 1 Coach. Especially as kayaking is the main event that the church is planning to organise regularly. Then I've also said I'd be happy over the summer to go and help with my dad's scout group who are off out on the river each monday night. My activity levels have rather gone from very little to lots, lots, lots. Again not that it is a bad thing as I was a bit out of shape. I'm already feeling a lot fitter and presently haven't been very interested in any of my games consoles. Mainly using PC if anything at the moment. Then still got my walking to get in towards mountain leadership. Oh plus I promised the kids (last weekend) that I'd try and organise a walking camp for them. They were nice kids and really wanted to do one hence I said I'd look into it. Just a pity I don't have my mountain leadership yet or it'd be easy. Still have a few ideas to chase. Which reminds me need a contact off my dad. I'm back to school tomorrow which will also be nice. I do like it when I'm busy. For some reason it makes me feel far more energetic and enjoy things a lot more. Just might have to rethink how quickly I do teacher training or work out what to put on a back burner whilst I do it. I've decided they'd all be good skills to offer a school in anycase. See you all around, David.

Just finished a week of treading the boards - Alice in Wonderland - which went very well - apart from Thursday where we had to perform in relentless rain (it's an outdoor theatre). Trouble is, everything has to be completely removed from the site , loaded into vans and taken away, so that's what I've been doing today. I'm shattered.

We're taking a shorter version of the show to the Edinburgh Fringe - can't wait!

K x

We're taking a shorter version of the show to the Edinburgh Fringe - can't wait!

K x

That'll be "Al In Wo" then :)

When is a dormouse not a dormouse?

When it's a jarbel! ;)

Just finished a week of treading the boards - Alice in Wonderland - which went very well - apart from Thursday where we had to perform in relentless rain (it's an outdoor theatre). Trouble is, everything has to be completely removed from the site , loaded into vans and taken away, so that's what I've been doing today. I'm shattered.

K x

Wow, well done Kathryn :thumbs:

Sounds like another Scottish forum outing could be on the cards............blimey, imagine us lot in the front row :devil:

Wow, well done Kathryn :thumbs:

Sounds like another Scottish forum outing could be on the cards............blimey, imagine us lot in the front row :devil:

That would be fun! Bit of a way to go for most people though.. :rolleyes:

I'll post details nearer the time for anyone who is around Edinburgh in August. :D

K x

I got a new bike yesterday :thumbs: My other one is a mountain bike and this one's a town and trail bike, what a difference it makes. Did 13 miles this morning in just under an hour. Woop Woop! :thumbs: Will use the old one when I tootle out with the kids cos took the new one out with them last night and when I looked round they were nowhere to be seen! Turns out I'm too speedy! :whistle:

I got a new bike yesterday :thumbs: My other one is a mountain bike and this one's a town and trail bike, what a difference it makes. Did 13 miles this morning in just under an hour. Woop Woop! :thumbs: Will use the old one when I tootle out with the kids cos took the new one out with them last night and when I looked round they were nowhere to be seen! Turns out I'm too speedy! :whistle:

Perhaps you could get mudguard stickers saying, 'my other bike's a mountain bike' and visa versa - you know, like the old 'porsche' car stickers. :) Hope you treated yourself to a nice gel saddle too :)

:thumbs: Excellent idea Baddad! Will have to see if I can get some stickers somewhere! A gel saddle is a must for me, find I can't sit down for a fortnight without one! :lol:

Pearl....no :shame:

They are touch lamps.....imagine the jaffa cake stains :P

:lol: you know me so well :P

Mr p's need is greater though - things just come apart in his hands, so I am futureproofing our home! :thumbs:

Fantastic :thumbs::thumbs: Wish I had! Spent all evening doing boring stuff like lunch boxes for school tomorrow, swimming stuff, school uniform, etc etc all x three, so you go out there and enjoy it while you can, remember, this is NOT a dress rehersal, this is the real thing >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Enid

I is happy :D Just 'coz i is..........

Organising a chill n meditation session for frazzled parents.......and even the thought of it's given me the biggest grin :D:clap:

I is happy :D Just 'coz i is..........

:)

Organising a chill n meditation session for frazzled parents..

Can I suggest you take them out the grill a little sooner next time so you don't have frazzled parents in the first place? :unsure: Mmm, Frazzles :eat1: Nomnomnom.

My hall managers are bl00dy marvellous :) It just shows that support doesn't have to be costly or difficult to implement - a chat and a cup of tea and just addressing issues in a sensible way makes so much difference. Oh, and thrashing them at Connect 4 (:whistle:). No it doesn't make the 'big issues' go away, but it does help.