hev

my positive thread

My hall managers are bl00dy marvellous :) It just shows that support doesn't have to be costly or difficult to implement - a chat and a cup of tea and just addressing issues in a sensible way makes so much difference. Oh, and thrashing them at Connect 4 (:whistle:). No it doesn't make the 'big issues' go away, but it does help.

That's good to hear, Mumble. :)

K x

Praise the Lord, my bedroom fitters have finished!

I have wardrobes & drawers (soft close B) ) and everyfink. Mr p is overwhelmed with his bedside cabinet :wub:

We've a weeks leave after our holiday to decorate it :thumbs:

Now then, how long shall I make bedroom guy wait for his fitting fee? :devil:

Youngest DD spent her first "proper" afternoon at her new special school, for a transition visit and was supported by a TA from her present class. I collected her at 2.30pm and was feeling nervous about it.....but she's had the best time :thumbs: Her TA said she'd been so happy and excited, and her new teacher said she'd done brilliantly :D She got her PJ's on when she got home, saying she was all tired and weary, bless her.

Remember this?

"Assessments :tearful:

IEPs :tearful:

Reports :crying:

Rewriting policies

OFSTED lurking in the shadows :unsure:

When I started this teaching lark, the secretaries were the ones who did all the typing. My 3 fingers are very sore, and I've only just started my list of stuff to do."

Problem solved, my daughter is doing the typing of all the non-sensitive material that I'm writing by hand.

Then I only have to muster the strength to type the tricky bits.

And Frangipani?

:P

The holidays thing is soooo old. :lol:

Edited by Bard

Went to the cinema with Baggy last night and watched Sex in the City! Great film. You're looking really good Baggy, well done with the weight loss You'll probably beat me to the target! :thumbs:

I love sex and the city! You have to watch the series though because the movie is postively tame in comparison :devil:

Flozza :dance:

That was tame in comparison????? :o:lol: Must go and find the series!!!! (and keep it away from DD She was pretty mortified by the film!! :lol: )

seriously it was....I've watched every single episode and there really are some outrageous 'I can't believe what I'm seeing' moments!!!! Mostly relating to Samantha!!!!! :lol: The movie was great but as I said, in comparison to some episodes it was squeeky clean!

Floz :lol:

I love sex and the city! You have to watch the series though because the movie is postively tame in comparison :devil:

Flozza :dance:

Seriously Flo? :huh:

Good job I ordered Series One earlier then :whistle: .........can't believe what I've been missing all these years :devil:

Don't suppose Gerard Butler turns up at all does he? :wub:

I finished work today for 2 weeks leave :thumbs:

And .... I BOUGHT SPARKLY SHOES!!!!!! Wish I had digi so I could post a pic.

They have:

3 inch heels

Platform soles

Ankle straps

Peep toes

Big chunks of diamante on the front!

Lord only knows where I will wear them (hardly suitable for a picnic at Greenwich) but they were �45 reduced to �19, and they were calling me, I HAD to have them :wub:

They are covered in a kind of bronzy glitter. A bit Vivienne Westwood. I can't decide whether they are truly gawjuss or absolutely awful! :lol: But I have them on display on my dressing table just in case I never actually wear them!

Oooh, they sound garjuss!

I always have special new shoes on display when I first get them...I keep going into my room to admire them! :wub:

It must be sooo boring to be a man! :lol:

Boho :dance:

I'm actually being productive and getting revision done! :o I'm starting to flag a little now, but that is probably because it is nearly lunchtime. Have assigned 1hr 15mins for lunch (rounds the time neatly to 13:00)

A letter turned up today - from the head LEA man. I've had a teeny-tiny strop.. :whistle: .

I wish i could type, word-for-word, what is said.... but i'm bloomin'-well getting there! Vaiiiiry, very slowly........but getting there....... :thumbs:

Remember this?

"Assessments :tearful:

IEPs :tearful:

Reports :crying:

Rewriting policies

OFSTED lurking in the shadows :unsure:

When I started this teaching lark, the secretaries were the ones who did all the typing. My 3 fingers are very sore, and I've only just started my list of stuff to do."

Problem solved, my daughter is doing the typing of all the non-sensitive material that I'm writing by hand.

Then I only have to muster the strength to type the tricky bits.

And Frangipani?

:P

The holidays thing is soooo old. :lol:

I know :lol: all the overtime you do, you deserve these holidays. I taught Year 4 & Year 5's for 3 years for Scripture, they were only 30 minute lessons. My biggest class was 36 kids. I absolutely loved doing this, but I truly could imagine the stress doing it full time.

I think I chose the wrong career. :)

Fran x >:D<<'>

Proud dad moment:

Got home from shopping today and realised i'd forgotten tomatoes and we needed for our salad... i suggested (half jokingly) Ben could go and get some.

We have a T***o's 'Metro' or whatever it is about 15 mins away, but Ben's never been there on his own before and it's the furthest he's been to the shops. (actually, he's only ever been to the shop on his own twice before at all)...

I was a bit 'wobbly' about it, and said - If you're not home in half hour i'll come look for you. he said - "don't bother, If I'm more than half an hour I'm already dead!" :lol::lol: (so not only getting independent, but gobby and funny to boot!)...

Anyways, not only did he get home safely with toms, but he had also treated himself to a drink with the change ( :lol: ) and he had found t***o's was packed so took it on himself to go to costc***ers instead! :thumbs::notworthy:

Also - little tip for independence training: When we do our weekly shop there are always a few things Ben has as treats. For the past few weeks, he has been independently taking his three or four items through the automated check-out, and scanning them, paying for them etc. Today, it was really quiet, so he took his stuff through the till next to me and did it 1-1 with the checkout girl :notworthy::thumbs:

Not a biggy, and nothing special for most ten year olds, but I can't tell you how much it means to see him doing this stuff for himself - especially as the supermarkets used to be such a nightmare.

:wub:

:D

Yaaay, well done Ben :thumbs::notworthy: and baddad :thumbs:

baddad, how many times did you look out of the window and at your watch while he was gone?? :lol:

Flo' :thumbs:

Not a biggy

It is a biggy - well done BD and Ben :thumbs::clap: :clap: :D I think that's ###### brilliant and you have every right to feel ###### proud :D

Ha! He's so chuffed with himself for yesterday he's done the same again today :thumbs::thumbs:

He asked if he could have an omelette for his lunch, and i moaned because we only had four eggs left (normally enough for the week, which is why I didn't buy any more yesterday) and he would want two for an omelette. he said 'That's okay, i'll go to the shop and get some more'.

I said he could, but added - 'don't go swinging the bag around 'cos you'll break 'em - they're not like tomatoes', and he got the hump:

'Cuh! It's not like I've never been to the shops before!' :o:o:rolleyes:

He's out now... buying eggs... :wub::D

He also made oi larf this morning... i was up a bit early for a Sunday and he was downstairs playing the PS2. When I went down he almost jumped out of his skin and said - "I'm going to do my breakfast now".

I said, 'you're looking very guilty, what's up?'

He said 'Oh - 'cos you're up early I thought for a minute it was Monday and I was running late for school' :lol:

ALSO: He's invented a new game with his hotwheels cars - car football. He spends ages and ages lining them up in team formation, but never actually gets around to playing a match 'cos the lining up tends to distract him. Actually, thinking about it, he never really plays with his hotwheels, just lines them up or puts them in various combinations of pairs/triplets... How odd.... ;):D

I said he could, but added - 'don't go swinging the bag around 'cos you'll break 'em

Ready made omelette! :D:eat: