hev

my positive thread

:notworthy: Ben :D

Very proud mamma today :D

We live in a teeny tiny village. Our road is it! Ooot in the countryside...

There are a couple of kids, but we haven't met properly, as we only moved here in December, M just waves at them as we drive past them to go to school (they're waiting at the bottom of the road for their school bus..).

Anyhow - i've finally found some stabilisers for his bike - so we've been trying them out. :thumbs:

He's made two friends! :wub: Both lads his age, both seem very nice. M was soooooooooo pleased with himself.

We were all cycling around the 'block', i was hanging back to give M some space.

Gawd bless him, he does stand out like a sore thumb! I got a little :tearful: watching this little group of boys cycling about and talking, with my little boy in the middle.

His co-ordination wasn't too great, each time he tried to talk - he wobbled! And his road sense / danger awareness / reflexes, ain't up to much! :wub:

Then one of the lads dad came out, and M decided he would talk to him. ( :pray::unsure: )

'Hello, my name is M. I am nine years and six months old. I live at number *. And i have Aspergers syndrome.'

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

The dad said 'OK............ hello M. What's Aspergers..?'

'Aspergers is my type of Autism. It means i find some things extra, extra, tricky, and things sometimes get too stressy for me. I do have a bit of a temper sometimes, but mummy's helping me understand. It's not all bad - i'm super clever at maths, and remembering pokemon, and i can remember things i can see with my eyes, so, so easily.'

THANK GOD i was wearing sunnies - i welled up :tearful::wub::D I've never heard him expain it so fully before.

The dad just said 'Cool, well, nice to meet you M, from number *, who's nine'

M said 'don't forget the six months'

:D:lol::thumbs:

Awww, Smiley >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

My positive: I treated myself to a precision mitre saw and today I've done the beading to finish off the laminate floor I laid last weekend :clap:

I'm so clever! :notworthy::thumbs::lol:

Boho :dance:

:notworthy: Ben :D

Very proud mamma today :D

We live in a teeny tiny village. Our road is it! Ooot in the countryside...

There are a couple of kids, but we haven't met properly, as we only moved here in December, M just waves at them as we drive past them to go to school (they're waiting at the bottom of the road for their school bus..).

Anyhow - i've finally found some stabilisers for his bike - so we've been trying them out. :thumbs:

He's made two friends! :wub: Both lads his age, both seem very nice. M was soooooooooo pleased with himself.

We were all cycling around the 'block', i was hanging back to give M some space.

Gawd bless him, he does stand out like a sore thumb! I got a little :tearful: watching this little group of boys cycling about and talking, with my little boy in the middle.

His co-ordination wasn't too great, each time he tried to talk - he wobbled! And his road sense / danger awareness / reflexes, ain't up to much! :wub:

Then one of the lads dad came out, and M decided he would talk to him. ( :pray::unsure: )

'Hello, my name is M. I am nine years and six months old. I live at number *. And i have Aspergers syndrome.'

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

The dad said 'OK............ hello M. What's Aspergers..?'

'Aspergers is my type of Autism. It means i find some things extra, extra, tricky, and things sometimes get too stressy for me. I do have a bit of a temper sometimes, but mummy's helping me understand. It's not all bad - i'm super clever at maths, and remembering pokemon, and i can remember things i can see with my eyes, so, so easily.'

THANK GOD i was wearing sunnies - i welled up :tearful::wub::D I've never heard him expain it so fully before.

The dad just said 'Cool, well, nice to meet you M, from number *, who's nine'

M said 'don't forget the six months'

:D:lol::thumbs:

oh smiley no wonder you welled up,bless him :wub:

Smiley/Mikey :thumbs::thumbs:

Oxgirl/J :thumbs::thumbs:

Hev/Steve............

(I'm having to sit on my hands!)... Steve, if I HAD said it, you know i'd a just been joking, wouldn't ya?? :thumbs:

:whistle:

SmileyandMikey :thumbs:

Reminds me of when Bill first learned to ride his bike. He was wobbling a long and kept lifting a hand off the handlebar then quickly putting it back on again before he fell off.... I asked him why he was doing that and he said 'I'm practicing waving for when I've got some friends' I didn't know whether to laugh or cry :lol:

Flo' :D

'I'm practicing waving for when I've got some friends'

Flo' :D

So am I :tearful:

And the award for most pathetic attempt to garner sympathy by an aging weirdy beardy goes to...... :lol:

So am I :tearful:

And the award for most pathetic attempt to garner sympathy by an aging weirdy beardy goes to...... :lol:

Baddad :banman::partytime::first:

Everybody say together 1, :tearful: 2, :tearful: 3, :tearful: ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh poor old Baddad. :lol::devil:

oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! :lol:

:tearful::tearful::(:lol:

and Mikey and Ben Well done :notworthy::thumbs:>:D<<'>

:D xx

:thumbs: Ben,M,J,Steve!

Been away at a drumming weekend, camping on my own for first time :thumbs: I had a couple of wobbly moments but did really enjoy it. I've never done anything like that before. It was great, made some new friends and it felt like one big family . Also made me realise a few things I probably didn't want to think about, hey ho, but a very positive experience. Shame I had to return to my reality, which is pretty tough right now. :wacko::blink:

Starting to feel a bit better now. Did a 17 mile bike ride yesterday in an hour and twenty minutes! Just got my last assignment back, was dreading the results as it was very intensive... I got a B!!! :thumbs: Really thought I would have to repeat it as it was so hard, so hsve sent my next one off to be marked now. Fingers crossed! I'm over halfway through the course now.

Wimbledon has me all psyched up to play tennis again. So I am going to get back into the ladies doubles comps I used to belong to. Will need some private lessons to brush up on my technique though, as it has been a while.

I often do this in winter, to have a break from swimming.

I left once before because the ladeez were absolute b's not on my team, other teams we played. But I am going to play a less competitive lower grade more for the fun of it. Mind you its still serious competition. :lol: so I better tidy up my act.

:D

Eldest DD has been away this week on a residential school trip. I had to literally grab and her hug her before she leapt onto the bus :devil: She doesn't get homesick, so I know it's just me being a daft so and so worrying about her. I always feel kinda strange when one of the kids isn't here. Anyhow, got a letter from her today and she is having the best time :thumbs: I feel like she's growing up :tearful: They are off to Alton Towers today and the weather looks atrocious.....I'm sure they'll still have a good time though, and she's back tomorrow :thumbs::thumbs:

Here is the letter :D

Dear Mum and Dad, I managed to get myself some paper, an envelope and a stamp. I am enjoying myself and today I'm going to Eyam. Tell J (youngest DD) I have a surprise for her. The swimming pool is great, and I have got over my fear of water slides too! I am looking forward to Alton Towers tomorrow. Yesterday I went on the bike ride. I did 20 miles altogether, afterwards we went to Speedwell caverns. We went along on a boat that kept hitting the wall. I bought some pretty stones (future Bid in the making me thinks) from the gift shop, I also got some nice pictures on my camera. My room is really nice! Me and X (her friend) have two bunk beds to ourselves! I look forward to seeing you soon. From C

Wimbledon has me all psyched up to play tennis again. So I am going to get back into the ladies doubles comps I used to belong to. Will need some private lessons to brush up on my technique though, as it has been a while.

I often do this in winter, to have a break from swimming.

I left once before because the ladeez were absolute b's not on my team, other teams we played. But I am going to play a less competitive lower grade more for the fun of it. Mind you its still serious competition. :lol: so I better tidy up my act.

Lleyton Hewitt is doing OK - but there aren't many other prominent Aussies these days are there?! What's happened to them all? :P

I have lessons and although I'm a bit rubbish, I love it! :thumbs:

I've subscribed to Wimbledon Live and so now I have a choice of 8 live matches to watch on my PC during the day, as well as what's on TV. :dance: I'm going there on Monday - pray for good weather! :pray:

K x

Lleyton Hewitt is doing OK - but there aren't many other prominent Aussies these days are there?! What's happened to them all? :P

I have lessons and although I'm a bit rubbish, I love it! :thumbs:

I've subscribed to Wimbledon Live and so now I have a choice of 8 live matches to watch on my PC during the day, as well as what's on TV. :dance: I'm going there on Monday - pray for good weather! :pray:

K x

Aussie tennis players, not sure whats happening there. :D

Wimbledon live :thumbs: way to go.

:lol:

I swam over two miles outdoors in the cold, half of it against the wind :thumbs: I'm building up to making my escape across the Channel covered in Vaseline! :wacko:

I managed to have a little run today. My hip is still sore, but doesn't seem to be any worse.

~ Mel ~

well done mel :thumbs:>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I've had a fabby day today :D

Had to take eldest DD hammy to the vet this morning, because when she got back from her week away she found it bald and scabby :oops: Not totally, just a large patch, but thankfully it's nothing serious (although the bill cost more than the hammy) :rolleyes:

Then I took both girlies on a forest walkway.....full of carved wooden animals, with an adventure playground in the middle, it was smashing.

When I got home the postie had delivered the first series of SATC :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

And......Doctor Who looks fantastic tonight :D

I just plonked the boys in the bath, to which I added that bubble bath that comes in a sailor bottle (am I allowed to say the name???oo-er!!) and it smells just as fantastic as it did when I were a lass!!! Mmmmmmmmmm!!!!.............

Esther x

I swam over two miles outdoors in the cold, half of it against the wind :thumbs: I'm building up to making my escape across the Channel covered in Vaseline! :wacko:

Sounds like conditions I am swimming in. Get a thermal wetsuit. :lol:

Sometimes I have the waves crashing in the pool at random and get dumped in the swimming pool. Or body surf back the otherway. :lol:

LOVED my pampering! :dance:

I fell asleep....................... :oops:

It. Was. Lovely. :clap:

Goosebumps on me goosebumps ( :huh: )

Pure Heaven...........

Now all I've got to do is find a blokey who can do massages like that................. ;):devil:

And my eyyyyyes look all huuuuuge - coz the lashes have been tinted. :thumbs: Had no idea my eyelashes were so long! :D

Lovely, lovely, lovely............

*Blissed out Smiley*

My blood tests came back and I've been labelled as 'normal' :thumbs:

..... How little they know about me :devil:

My blood tests came back and I've been labelled as 'normal' :thumbs:

..... How little they know about me :devil:

:lol: Official proof, get it in writing!

Has anyone else discovered that a certain supermarket is selling garjuss C**h K***ton shopping bags for not a lot of money and they're made from recycled plastic bottles!

Woop woop...I've just bought a pale blue one with white spots. Apparently there are going to be a number of different designs and I'm gonna get them one at a time so that I have fabby shopping!! :clap:

Ooooh Bid, they sound lurverly :thumbs:

I bought a couple of pairs of shoes at a discount shoe store today. Got to the till, paid, and they asked if I'd like a reusable bag, for a charge, adding that I could fling it over my shoulder if I wanted :blink: I declined, and it became obvious a carrier bag wasn't forthcoming so I had to ask for one. The shop assistant said they only give them out on rare occasions and handed one over from under the counter like some sort of illegal substance. I felt extremely naughty, and expected an ASBO with my face printed on it to immediately go up in the window :devil: Told them I wasn't going to walk round doing the rest of my shopping trying to balance 4 shoes in my arms and it's not like I planned to come out and buy some shoes, otherwise I'd of brought my reusable flingy over shoulder shoe bag wouldn't I :rolleyes:

I'm all for recycling, and actually do recycle my carrier bags, but this is completely barking :wacko:

Yummy bloke in the swimming pool this evening :wub: I pulled a muscle in my leg swimming after the 'view' :whistle::(

Bags - This isn't just a plastic bag, this is a # & # let's rip you off by charging you for a bag carrier bag. I do normally take my own bags shopping, but sometimes they're full/you're doing unexpected shopping and I hate being penalised for that.

Has anyone else discovered that a certain supermarket is selling garjuss C**h K***ton shopping bags for not a lot of money and they're made from recycled plastic bottles!

Woop woop...I've just bought a pale blue one with white spots. Apparently there are going to be a number of different designs and I'm gonna get them one at a time so that I have fabby shopping!! :clap:

Tell me where, and tell me now, please.

Reality creeps back slowly.....

s

xxx

Unfortunately! :lol:

I run an ASD group Sat mornings .................... but my poor old brain was still laying on the snuggle warm table......... listening to the plinky-plonky moosic... :hypno: :hypno:

People kept asking if i was OK............ I was away with the fairies (more than usual! ;)) !

Finished painting the bedroom :thumbs:

Choosing carpet tomorrow, then put up curtains, then done!

Mr p & JP went to see Prince Caspian today, so I went on a walk all by myself. We have woods at the bottom of our garden so I just wandered, & cos there was no one talking at me I saw all sorts, butterflies, dragonflies, birds, squirrels ... used to walk there so much when the children were little. Dont know if you find this, but when I do a familiar walk, I find myself remembering what I was worrying about the last time I did it. And those worries have gone & new ones are in their place, but makes me remember that everything, good & bad, passes.

Final positive - JP walked all the way home from work on Thursday, a couple of miles, with a friend of mine he happened to bump into who also walks home from work. Poor beggar I bet he talked her to death, I thought. Then I got a text from her, saying, I was walked home today by a handsome polite young man & it made the walk so much nicer. You must be so proud of the man he has become. What a lovely lovely thing to do, I will keep that text.

Mmmmmmmmmm had a lovely evening :):drunk: I have a whole collection of giraffes in one evening maybe i'll make this my new obsession :cheers: lots of :gather: and :party: and did i tell you about my giraffes, they're so much better than elephants they take up less room in the drink :drunk: cor, I think someone painted the london eye pretty colours, either that or I'm even more not standing up straight than I thought, but my giraffe has a horn!!!!! :wacko:

Hmm, I think I'm going to be quite :sick: in the morning. None of it was my fault at all, I'm, totally innocent. Just glad no one had a :photo: to give incriminating evidence :drunk::wine:

Ooh Mumbles, how's your head this morning? Theres still a 24 hour edit facility you know! :lol:

Thankyou for starting my day with a smile. >:D<<'>

Ooh Mumbles, how's your head this morning?

Sore!!!! :lol: :lol: And I can't go and ask for any painkillers because that would mean admitting my gallivanting ... :(:oops:

Theres still a 24 hour edit facility you know! :lol:

Thankyou for starting my day with a smile. >:D<<'>

But isn't it much funnier if the comments remain to confuse? :lol: :lol: :unsure: BTW, the giraffes were the stirrers in our cocktails. Each cocktail had three shots. I have a herd of giraffes. That's sore head maths :lol: :lol: :drunk: