hev

my positive thread

Had an interesting walk. Also had a trip to casualty. See this post to find out more:

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=12392

Also got to play on LOTRO. (Lord of the Rings Online - A new massively multiplayer game.)

I can safely say I don't seem to be able to do boring for long. :) Nor for that matter can certain of my friends. :rolleyes: Would love to know how she always hurts herself on easier bits. :unsure:

My positive of the week : I've lost 4 pounds! I think that I'll be able to wear size 10 this summer :D:D

C.

Guest Lya of the Nox

my garden looks nice:)

paperwork still not done

can't have everything

Same here LOTN :oops:

(keep telling myself i work better under pressure ...... :whistle::lol: )

Goooooorgeous here today :thumbs: .

I've been vegging on the sofa with a book, little man playing happily in his sand pit - patio doors open, gentle breeze drifting in - bliss! :D

Had a lovely day today at Hesketh Farm Park. Not been before....but even the drive over was smashing (it's near Bolton Abbey). Youngest dd loved the maze (she managed to find her way out though :devil: ).......and eldest dd adored the guinea pigs :wub: Wished I could of snuck a lamb out...... :wub: I did consider taking out a couple of toddlers to grab a place at lamb feeding :whistle::shame:

DH was his usual soppy, sentimental self...commenting the cute leetle piglets would be lovely in a few years with some HP :shame: Then he noticed that all the litters had been fathered by one particular pig......he now wants to come back as a pig in a future life :rolleyes:

Edited by Bagpuss

Had a nice Sunday lunch today and just watched a Taggart I recorded. Other than that didn't do much as had friend over. She is finding using crutches hard work so didn't fancy pictures or anything. Ended up watch a 'Scanner Darkly' which is a rather weird film. Not sure I really understand the plot. She has physio tomorrow so will find out what is happening. I'm back at work. Guess I should really go to sleep. Fingers crossed I'm not bored all tomorrow though as it is a training day. Judging on previous twilight sessions they forget to make it particularly applicable to us support staff. Most of it has been too school specific to even be any use long term as well. Not been a bad day all in all. Better get off to bed I guess. Rather have got out of the routine for school. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just remembered another big positive. Have had an update about Befriending through NAS. I should be recieving information about training dates soon. Just hope they don't conflict with any of my other training. Managed to get myself onto a first aid course for the next few Tuesdays. Will be nice to have my first aid cover backup to date. (That reminds me - need to remember to sort out dentist appointment / training conflict.)

EDIT2: Another positive. I managed to see a pair of Jehovah's Witnesses off in about a minute. Think that might be a new person best. (I've not got anything against their beliefs, just not ever in the mood for people who go door to door.)

Edited by David Matthew Baker

T'was the night before christmas easter tuesday! :huh:

And all through the house

Not a creature was stiring

Not even a monkey................

Thank gawd for that!!! :lol:

My boy is manic at the moment! :wacko::hypno::fight:

My positive - is that he's asleep! :o:P (and with any luck - will stay that way until morning... :pray: )

:rolleyes::lol:

I've just painted my toe nails a garjuss sparkley lilac, and then I put teeny purple and silver flower stickers on my big toe nails!! :clap::dance:

Boho :D

right im going to find a positive for today......

bit difficult,let me think.....

oh yeah,katie went back to nursery,dads chemo going well,nick done all the housework :thumbs::thumbs:

Ben got a load of 'Toy's R Us vouchers for xmas and as the store is MILES away we finally got round to cashing them in today...

They had none of the PS2/PSP/Gameboy games he wanted, so instead he's bought PROPER toys - and they were mostly half price in the sale!

Amongst his 'swag' are loads of outdoor stuff (FOOTBALLS/BASEBALL/BASKETBALL/CRICKET) and a half price hot-wheels track that took me 2 hours to assemble (???????? I've built self assmbly kitchens in less time than that!) but he really loves...

On the downside, this was at Thurrock, and T'r'U is right next to that hell on earth swedish furniture outlet... i'd mentioned the possibility that their 'Sveedish Meedibolls' might be GF/DF so we HAD to go there for lunch. And they're not. And we had to go right round to get out again :(

Still... hotwheels.... Nyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm... Screeeeeeeeeeeecccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Nayom! Nayom! Ne-naw, ne-naw... Nyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

;)

L&P

BD :D

Was back at school today. No students though. Wasn't particularly well planned out again. Us support staff didn't really have anything to do again. I had a look to see if I could find any history freebies (my SENCO had asked me to look as that is his subject area. He still takes the occasional lesson) and talked with the other members of the department who were in the Rainbow Centre. Been a good day overall. Also managed to get an A-Z of Middlesbrough. Should be useful for when I start my teacher training.

Yay!! I've finally finished my garden for the spring/summer :clap:

Shrubs planted out, hanging basket and pots planted up, and just finished painting a new planter today that cunningly hides(ish) the wheelie bin :dance:

Boho :D

last week steve couldnt skip at all but we have both been practising and he managed 10 skips in a row!!we were well pleased

Today I was in serious danger of scoffing a Twirl but instead popped into the healthfood store and bought a nice, tasty, chewy packet of mini rice cakes instead! Certainly saved on the calories, as two or three were enough!! :sick::lol:

~ Mel ~

School was good today. Got to see the English person from the LEA twice. Once in school and once at an after school training course. Students were nice though they're telling me I need to be tougher again! Had some good giggles in the Rainbow Centre too. Also hopefully got the ball rolling for next week. They're changing the Year 9s timetable for the period between now and the SATs. As I'm primarily meant to support Year 9 that means my timetable will have to change too. Typically the school hasn't even given me a copy of their timetable. :rolleyes:

I spoke to another student today :) Ok, I realise that doesn't sound much, and it was about my 'interest', but it is a big thing for me who has run away from company and sat in silence in discussions for the last 2 1/2 years. I'm really happy about this.

Today I was gardening and I decided that the Ivy on my wall was getting wayyyyyyy too overgrown... So I cut the biggest root at ground level, waited for it to dry out a bit and then tugged from the bottom. A whole CARPET of ivy peeled off the wall in one go - almost up to the roof and about 2 1/2 to 3ft wide!!! It was wayyyyyyyyyyy cool!!

If any of you have ever peeled a whole sheet of wallpaper off a wall in one go it was THAT satisfying but X 10!

Still reckon Michel Gondry's drumkit (see last nights post) must be the number one stress reliever* but this would be a close second!

L&P

BD :D

* excluding the obvious, obviously ;):whistle:

We had a treat day yesterday :thumbs: . Me and hubby went for a Thai massage (not one of those dodgy places :shame: ). It was soooo relaxing :hypno: , just wanted to sleep afterwards. Followed that by lunch at a Chinese restaurant. Best day for years :dance: .

BD - I de-ivyed our garden last year, I agree, peeling off a huge piece like that really is satisfying :thumbs: . Quite worrying really :rolleyes::lol:

Annie

xx

Edited by annie

BD - I de-ivyed our garden last year, I agree, peeling off a huge piece like that really is satisfying :thumbs: . Quite worrying really :rolleyes::lol:

Yes - i really like watching a huge piece peel off :whistle::whistle:

I'm having oatmeal and raisin cookies for lunch (worm/'cookie' thread fault) - not exactly healthy, but yummy!!!! :lol:

Just come back from orlando had fab time . Kofi's at respite tonight so long soak in bath bottle of wine and an early night . Might even go mad and have take away or should that be food to go!

My Team Teach training came in useful today. One student was hitting another and didn't stop when asked. Was glad I had the training as I know that what I did was appropriate to the situation. Still will be happier once I talk to the head and a few other members of staff. I put in a form with full documentation of the event. Does make you feel a bit on edge though. Typically happened last lesson too. So the positive there is I at least had the training to handle the situation properly. Earlier it had been a good day. Students were all working well. Had some good conversations with some of them and various members of staff. Also order the new Tolkien book that has just been released. :) 'Children of Hurin'. Not due to arrive for over a week though. Still will be interesting to read a new book from my favourite author. Apparently it is all his writing and all Christopher has done is order it and a little editing so it fits together. :)

I,ll second that one Hev except can mine be more BOUNCY :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce: and I washed dried my hair this morning and it did JUST what I wanted it too :thumbs:

I,ll second that one Hev except can mine be more BOUNCY :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce: and I washed dried my hair this morning and it did JUST what I wanted it too :thumbs:

I'll THIRD it (lucky I'm not Irish - I could have caused offense!)

AND:

I washed MY hair this morning and it did JUST what I wanted it too :thumbs::thumbs: ... stayed rooted to my head! :lol::lol::lol:

I had a huge positive yesterday :D One of my sons who's 20, has AD/HD (with some OCD and autistic traits) was charged �30 for going overdrawn at the bank. It was only just over a fiver, so felt pretty unjust. I know with all this stuff lately about reclaiming unfair bank charges he could probably have got it back but he's not at all paperwork orientated and can be very awkward about me helping him. I suggested he rang the bank to see if they would waive the charge as he hasn't had the account long and thought he couldn't go overdrawn on this particular account. Well, until about 6 months ago he was phone phobic and nothing on this earth would get him to make a phone call, even to friends. He's been making great progress over the last year and has started using the phone but still doesn't like it and gets very worried about what people might say to him and whether he would know what to reply. I've been encouraging him to use it a little more each time but thought this one was beyond him, it can be daunting for anyone to do.

I went through it with him and had him write out the facts so he was well prepared and he disappeared into the other room for ages. He came out beaming and he's got the money back! :thumbs: He had to do all the "press button one if you want ....." stuff and was sent all over the place but he got the refund!!!! I'm so proud of him, if you knew him 2 years ago you'd never have thought he could be where he is now, he was really down and slipping badly but with my help has pulled himself back up and is very happy now. His problem has been that he wouldn't accept help from me but as he's grown older he's mellowed and it's had a knock-on effect.

I've also lost 7lbs!

Guest Lya of the Nox

i have just spent 2 hours out with my dear friend shopping we went in every single hippy dipp shop in my town ( there are a few)

heaven,

and just what i needed :whistle:

Emily, The Neil and Hev all have positive. That makes me feel happy. :D

As for me yesterday had a nice walk in the Yorkshire Dales. Got to see some nice waterfalls and do some scrambling. Was just me and my mum on this occasion. Was the first time I got to do a good bit of scrambling in ages. Was so tempted to have a swim in the catch pool of one of the falls. Was on my own however so didn't. Still I think (I.E. haven't checked them yet) that I got some good photos on the walk. Will upload a select few later and post up links.

Hope everyone has a good day today. I came name another positive for a few minutes time. Sunday lunch is cooking. Yum!