hev

my positive thread

We went on our first Activity Club event yesterday - a 7 mile walk round Malham. Lots of nice peeps made us v welcome. JP being JP soon got chatting & was well impressed to find out that the young woman he was chatting up talking to was a 5th Dan in Taekwondo! :ninja: See I told you you'd find like-minded peeps, I said.

Youngest there was just 7 years old, oldest was mr p! :banman:

Highlight of the day: stood on the cliff edge at Malham Cove, a Peregrine Falcon suddenly soared in front of us, less than 30 feet away :notworthy:

Good vibes about this group, could be what JP is looking for.

So a good end to a truly awful week.

Oh Pearl, I got all teary reading this. Sounds wonderful after all you have been through lately, how lovely for JP. :D

:thumbs:>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Awesome news.

Love

Fran xx >:D<<'>

I went back to swimming today after having some time off resting my elbow :D It was great but I felt unfit :( I swim at an unheated outdoor pool because it's normally really quiet because most people (except for a few rather nice well toned men :wub: :wub:) are too scared of the cold. Got a bit of a shock today as it was really busy with people out enjoying the sunshine. Hopefully it will rain tomorrow and keep people away in future :whistle:

Yippeeeee it's just started to rain and hopefully that means it will cool down a bit. I've had trouble sleeping for the last few nights because of the heat/humidity. Although I don't appear to feel temperature normally (although it applies to cold more than heat) I do react to being over hot through tiredness and grumpiness (more than usual :rolleyes:)

Spacey, i'm loving that one BD, nice tune :notworthy::D

It's been a cr*ppy day all in all...................... :tearful::wacko:

BUT, it's ended well, with a fun swim with my monkey. :):wub:

Had a perfect day at the park yesterday :D

Both sons were brilliant - played really nicely with all the other kids. Little DS (HFA) was an angel all day. Played crazy golf and frisbee, went on bouncy castle (them, not me :lol: ), and had an ice cream. I even got to sit down in the sun for a while :thumbs:

Nice

I got the complete X-Files Box set, all 9 seasons + movie and extras for less than half price. Do not expect to see me for 8874 minutes :ph34r: :ph34r: :lol:

:lol: Mumble - i used to love xfiles, right up until i had M. They frighten the life out of me now! :unsure:

(watched the film White Noise the other night, still get jumpy when i think of it!! I had to move the bedside lamp, coz i was too scared to turn off the light and then get into bed! :lol: )

Right............soppy-fest coming up.

Girliees, grab hankies. Blurkeys, grab sick bucket :P

T'was sitting on a picnic blanket, in our back garden yesterday. Monkey was laying on the mat - with his head resting on my legs. He was watching the leaves swishing about in the trees. It was sunny, but not baking, breezy, but not cold. I was reading monkey a book.

I'd just finished a chapter - and looked at M........ and thought, i'm a lucky thing. We don't have much in the way of material things - but boy, what we do have in every other area of our lives is fantastic. :D Made me :tearful: soppy sausage that i am. :rolleyes:

:D

I've started another mosaic!!! :). .....I'd been suffering withdrawal symptoms and didn't know whether I'd find time until my DD went back to school.. .I'm on cloud nine now :D well, actually cloud one........my mosaic is of a cloud!!!! :lol:

The library where I work is being rebuilt around me at the mo, & today me & my colleague shared the lift with 3 blokes in hard hats. Oo, it was like the Diet C*ke advert ;)

Pearl :clap:

My positive for today is i survived it!! :lol:

Nothing horrible has happened - I'm just crackered - and monkey was in his 20 questions a second mood!!

My positive is that Ben and his friend are off to sports camp tomorrow... so with my dd here to keep Bill company I've got the 'day off', of sorts! :clap: Think I'll go shopping.... need some stickers for my toes, the black one's I bought last week which are really pretty when you look at the them up close, did indeed just look like black smudges on my lovely pink nail varnish (which is what I feared they would look like!). :D

Smiley.... I know what you mean by the questions!!!! I wouldn't mind if the questions were all interesting ones, but some of them are quite unique in their inanity!!!! :lol:

Flozza :D

bill went to the park yesterday... which is cause for celebration in initself because he hasn't voluntarily left the house for about 2 years!!! However, when he was there some 'random chavs' (his words not mine) came over and started taking the P out of his hair... They were calling him 'Affro dude'.... He came home shortly after they arrived (very sensible) and told me the story thinking it was absolutely hillarious and quite chuffed at his new nick name! :lol: So even though these guys were insulting him, he not only handled it brilliantly but he turned it into a compliment :clap:

Flo' :D

Way to go Bill :thumbs::notworthy:

I have...........the......................WHOLE............weekend off.

Monkeys gone to his dads - i'm planning to sleep, read, sleep, chill, swim, sleeeeeeeep! :thumbs:

I'm shattered! It's been a very difficult week :tearful:

BLISSSSSSSSSSS :D

Oi! Thought you'd gone to bed! :shame:

I told you - I can't sleep :( Plus, if I go to bed, you're liable to write something scandalous about softy southerners :P:lol:

Not really a positive but not a negative either. Copied from my LJ for pure laziness :lol:

I really should stop listening to the news on my ipod before bed. I had the most bizarre dream last night after listening to the bbc newspod, it was kind of like a second cold war but lord of the rings style. Bush, Blair, Brown were all hobbits, the Russian troops were orcs and the Russian president was Sauron, but for some reason Putin was Dobbie and I'm not sure how Dobbie ended up in there... It was a seriously bizarre dream for sure! :huh:

Really short of money at the mo :unsure: .............but went to my fave shop in town eth*L aust*n.........and spent 15.00.

.......I bought

lipstick

foundation

pair of jeans

2 pairs of knickers :wub:

4 school shirts

4 pairs of knickers for my dd

.............how brill was that!!

...........edited to add.............4 dish cloths

and a face cloth

Edited by Suze

Went out last night with Em, her cousin and her fiancee for a night out in the city. Normally I would last a few hours at the most, but I made it to the end of the night! :D This was managed with my coloured lenses and some ear plugs to tone down the noise. We didn't get home and into bed until 2:45am :lol: