hev

my positive thread

My DD wants to join a lot of clubs!!!! :):)

Monday : cheerleading

Tuesday : senior choir

That's on top of guides on Wednesday and horse riding on Saturday!!!

not sure how we'll fit it all in but while she wants to I'll sure make the effort.

I'm back on form with my running after a rubbish three months. Went out four times last week and hopefully do four sessions again this week and get back up to speed.

~ Mel ~

A Jaffa Cake only contains 46 kcal, and my definition of 'cake' is a sandwich cake which needs two layers and a filling, each of which could be formed by a single cake, so by Little Britain Fat Fighters addition I can have 3 Jaffa Cakes totalling only 46kcal. With 15 cakes in a tube, that's really only 5 cakes, and over a course of a day with three regular meals, that's only really two additional 'snacks' and I've already worked out that you need 3 for a cake, so having one tube a day would be equivilent to only 2/3 of the calories of one small low calorie biscuit totalling 30.6 kcal, which in one day is hardly excessive... :eat:

*wonders if plan will confuse docs enough to work* :unsure::eat1:

*nods*

I have a much simpler way of working it out:

1 jaffa cake = 1g of fat

1 choc digestive = 5g of fat

Therefore: you can eat five at a time with a clear conscience. (and if you can fit five in your mouth at the same time it only counts as one and you have my profound respect) :notworthy:

Mr p, who is currently reading a book of interesting facts, has just informed me that they are in fact made from apricots (shock horror)

Edited by pearl

(and if you can fit five in your mouth at the same time it only counts as one and you have my profound respect) :notworthy:

*chokes*

*refuses to be beaten*

*chokes again*

:eat:

Mr p, who is currently reading a book of interesting facts, has just informed me that they are in fact made from apricots (shock horror)

Now I have heard this disturbing fact too, so purely in the interests of facts, have grabbed at the tube (altough they were a little too heavy for my weakling state so i had to eat some to reduce the weight... the ingredients do not mention apricots at all, but they do mention 'oranges' (well 8% juice equivilent ... :unsure: )

I have just done something I've never done before!!

I bought a DVD just for me (not for 'me-and-the-girlies' or for 'the family', just me!! :o )...Gone With The Wind, �3 from T***o! :thumbs:

And then I closed the curtains, snuggled under the furry throw and watched half of it this afternoon instead of cleaning the house/painting the bathroom ceiling/plodding through my paperwork for work! :o:o:shame::shame:

AND...I ate a mini box of Ferrero Rochet I'd bought ahead for Christmas! :devil:

Boho :devil:

AND I bought a garjuss pair of brown leather boots from the same shop for only �40, similar in other shops at least double...and they only really cost me �10 because my mama had given me some money :wub::dance:

Oo-ooh! Does that mean you are going to train or go running in them?

I was feeling stressed at work and went into someone's office - and they offered me some of their chocolates! (I could have refused, I know). :lol:

Billabong

My sister took me out for a lovely girly day yesterday which I really needed :thumbs: :thumbs: I have sparklies :hypno: :hypno: and we had wonderful food :eat::eat1: and cockytails :wine: (in goldfish bowl sized glasses :drunk:) and went to see Avenue Q at the theatre which was hilarious :lol: :lol: (if a little rude :o - innocence all gone :rolleyes:).

*stifles laughter* :P

You know me so well :rolleyes::lol:

Had a lovely day with S yesterday - her & boyf are buying their first house together & wanted us to have a look at it. One couple who have benefited from the Credit Crunch, it was massively reduced :thumbs:

Just hope it doesnt fall through :pray:

And she cooked us a lovely meal :eat:

I treated myself and bought the most gorgeous little teapot ever. I've checked it for dormice and it appears to be empty, so I can now have real tea rather than urn and polystyrene cup grey water that the uni pass off as tea :eat:

It's even got a tea strainer thingy included within it so I can have real leaf tea without having a re-play of the York 'incident' :whistle::ph34r: (btw, how much time needs to pass before I'm allowed back within the city walls? :unsure:)

Eight weeks after my crash and my wrists have been given the all clear, my stitches are all healed and I'm allowed back on my bike...just a shame it's too dark and cold to actually want to go out :whistle:

They have rebuilt you :notworthy:

My girlie & her boyf have bought their first house thanks to the credit crunch! I'm going to help them clean it up tomorrow. I'm only posting here cos I'm printing off the worlds slowest train timetable. Thats slow pooter not slow train I hope :unsure:

just a shame it's too dark and cold to actually want to go out :whistle:

Being an advanced Southerner, I can advice you that two of the next big inventions to hit the North will be lights and jackets.

Being an advanced Southerner, I can advice you that two of the next big inventions to hit the North will be lights and jackets.

I don't understand? What are these things? I tried looking in the encyclopaedia but my frozen hands couldn't flick through the pages and I kept dropping the candle :whistle:

They have rebuilt you :notworthy:

More �6 rather than $6,000,000 (although, just like Steve Austin, I can run in slow motion...or maybe I just run slowly :unsure:)

After 10 days of indecision and leaving me in stress-central, management have finally decided what to do when my boss leaves (today) and I won't be made to accept an 'alternative role' or be made redundant :pray:

Not that I was asked my opinion, invited to any of the discussions or even asked what it is that I actually do (which is probably just as well as I sometimes have no idea what I do :whistle:) but I don't care - I won't be unemployed, I can pay the mprtgage (oh joy) and I won't be forced to throw myself on the mercy of the state :notworthy:

good news in deed >:D<<'> Enid

It is for me...maybe not for some of the people I work with - bwuhahahahaha :devil:

CAM CHEERED ME UP TODAY WE WERE HAVING A CHAT ABOUT HOW HIS TIME OUT WILL BE INCREASING TO 6MINS AFTER HIS BIRTHDAY.

ME- please calm down cam or you will go to timeout for 5 mins

CAM - why is it 5 mins

ME - because you are 5 when you turn 6 it will be 6 mins

CAM - oh my gosh that means when im 21 i will have to stay for 21 mins thats just ages mummy! :lol::lol::lol:

it cheered me up loads

sonj x

After 10 days of indecision and leaving me in stress-central, management have finally decided what to do when my boss leaves (today) and I won't be made to accept an 'alternative role' or be made redundant :pray:

Not that I was asked my opinion, invited to any of the discussions or even asked what it is that I actually do (which is probably just as well as I sometimes have no idea what I do :whistle:) but I don't care - I won't be unemployed, I can pay the mprtgage (oh joy) and I won't be forced to throw myself on the mercy of the state :notworthy:

:thumbs: just when you'd got used to the idea of sitting in your trackie bottoms watching Jeremy Kyle as well :lol:

:thumbs: just when you'd got used to the idea of sitting in your trackie bottoms watching Jeremy Kyle as well :lol:

I know but there has to be a downside to going to work :whistle:

Got me Christmas highlights done yesterday :clap:

...but manged to post three unstamped Christmas cards in with the stamped ones :o:shame: (Kathryn... :unsure::lol:)

...and have completely lost the one, extremely late, card for cousin in Oz! :rolleyes:

But the highlights make up for all my card crises :dance:

AND, on Friday I'm having Christmas Partay Hair done at the hairdressers in honour of the infamous Nuns Partay :bounce:

AND DD#1 has some silver sparklie eye liner I'm pinching for the partay!! :thumbs:

Boho :dance:

...but manged to post three unstamped Christmas cards in with the stamped ones :o:shame: (Kathryn... :unsure::lol:)

S'alright. I haven't even written yours yet. :D

K x

Nun's Christmas Partay at work last night...

Resplendant in Te*co partay frock and with special hairdresser-done partay hair and Cat Deely Silver Sparklie Outrageously High Partay Sandals I boogied the night away :dance:

Positives : 'Here comes the Sparklie Lady!' :clap:

Drunken kiss from Young Man!! :wub:

Negatives: Wanted to come home at 11 'cos I was tired from all that boogying :rolleyes:

Bl**dy CDSSOHPS gave my feet jip something chronic after 2 hours of boogying with Mad Russian :crying:

Boho :D

(Kellyanne, will fill you in on all the goss laters hun ;) )

And you didnt post on here drunk when you got home? Well I feel deprived, I really do :lol:

I should clarify that i) I wasn't p*ssed, and ii) I was the kissee not the kisser! :lol:

Boho :hobble:

Edited by bid

Ok so I went to town today to buy the turkey, & came back with a dress for my neice's wedding (I blame the Lemsip :hypno: ) I HAD to get it, it was half price!

shiny shiny dress :wub:

AND, AND, it goes beeyuuutifully with my sparkly shoes! :thumbs:

Now I think a panne velvet jacket would finish off the ensemble, dont you?

Oh & btw I did get the turkey as well :thumbs:

Edited by pearl

Well, my sparkly shoes are a kind of bronzy colour with diamante sparklies, & I thought a velvet jacket somewhere between bronze/mink, & this bag which is what I'm going to spend my christmas money on woooo! *is excited*

Loving the dress, Pearl! Very Audrey Hepburn, methinks!

Boho :dance:

(Go on...you just wanted everyone to see you're 'petite' rather than 'outsize' didn't you! :shame:;) )

Edited by bid