hev

my positive thread

Hehe, I knew you'd like it! I'm thinking maybe an up-do would look good, ooh & as a final touch, some of that metallic brown nail varnish.

For petite, read short@rse :lol:

Smug smug smuggity smug!!

Just done my big Christmas food shop at the supermarket :thumbs::notworthy:

All done now, except for a few things I couldn't get, so will send Jester out for those tomorrow...

I am officially not doing anymore shopping till after Dec 27th! :P

Boho :dance:

Ooh this thread hasn't been used in a while - I guess January isn't a very positive month :(

Anyway, I do have a positive and a very nice one. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Today I had the pleasure of meeting the most loveliest autism friendly nurse you could imagine. :notworthy: I had to get my dressing changed and not only did she 'get' all the communication issues, issues I have with health type settings etc, but she also had a full understanding of sensory issues and brought it up without me having to say anything :o She said she realised some of the different dressings might not have the right feel so instead of plonking one on she let me feel three first (despite the fact this then made them non-sterile and they had to be disposed of) so that she knew I would cope with the one she used. And she told me everything she was going to do and followed my non-verbal communication so she didn't hurt. :notworthy: :notworthy:

I think I'm going to have to go and lie down in a darkened room now - I'm in shock!! :o :o

Wow !!

Doesn't it make a HUGE difference when someone 'gets' it?

I took DS to hospital when he was 3 - he'd split his head open on the edge of a radiator. They decided they'd have to 'glue' it back together - he wasn't too happy about lots of people holding him and touching his head.

The nurse came out with a corker - 'erm, he's quite distressed, isn't he?'

Er, yes :wallbash:

I think anyone would be distressed in that situation, never mind the sensory issues which he has, which had been explained to her :blink:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Just had fabby, bleachy blonde highlights!! :clap::dance:

And, cunning credit-crunch top tip, my hairdressers do a 'staggered parting' of about 6 or 8 foils for only �10!!

:curlers::partytime:

Bid, I want your sox! :)

Me too!!! :thumbs: In fact, they should be the official dress code for our annual Greenwich picnic!! :lol: :lol:

Can't remember why it came up, but got talking to Ben t'other day about the jungle book... he couldn't remember watching it when he was little, so even though he's technically a bit old for it i rented it and we watched it together last night...

OH JOY! He really enjoyed it this time round for the story/humour etc rather than just the actiony bits - sat and watched it all with hardly a fidget! He did get annoyed with me singing all the songs though, and has tutted and done this :rolleyes: every time i've said 'I'm gone, man, solid gone' today.

It made a welcome change from Futurama/The Simpsons, though or those ancient Hanna Barbera Jetson's and Flintstones he's just rediscovered

Right - must press on: I'm gone, man, solid gone.....................

L&P

BD

PS: ben's just slipped over on the bathroom floor 'cos i hadn't got round to mopping up after his bath earlier. in the words of Nelson muntz:

HAHA

:D

Bid, I want your sox! :)

K x

:lol:

One of my colleagues gets them, and we all have them in The Night Room (it's a bit like The Night Garden, but weirder! :hypno: ) :dance:

Only trouble is, the boyz are being bad and refusing to wear 'em! :o:shame:

I have two Boho Spectrum pairs, and one Witchy black and purple pair :D:clap:

Would you laike a pair, Kathryn? ;)

Edited by bid

My positive thing is that I got to draw � little pigz and the BBW for the P1 class' wall display, and they all really liked it! (Then they coloured them in and ripped a few holes in it, but as they enjoyed themselves so, I'll forgive 'em!)

I've had a nice day!

aaaaaaaaaaaaannnd

Cal's had a nice day too!

Woot!Woot!

Can I get sum witchy sox, please? I do appreciate the purple/black combo!

Woop woop!!

I've been dreading today for the last three weeks :sick::crying: ...I had to give a talk to my littlest's year 3/4 class about being an archaeologist!! :o:ph34r:

I gibbered like a loon and the powerpoint thingy B had done for me wouldn't work on the school laptop...but I did it, and it's over and I never have to do it again! YAY!! :bounce:

katies got her 2 little friends round playing nicely,steves at greenwich with my sister,housework done,im positive!!

Went to NAS quiet group this afternoon :thumbs:

Saw Fame at the hippodrome. Oggled cute, blonde, geeky looking dancer guy.. Nice butt wiggle :clap:

Curry Club at Wetherspoons :thumbs:

All that = 1 very happy SG

Off to bed now to dream about cute dancer. :D

Bought myself some lovely flowers today and they've really cheered me up :D What was even better was that they came up much cheaper than their price label at the till and when I pointed this out (I know, I know, I should learn when not to say anything :rolleyes:) the cashier said I could have them for the till price :thumbs: :thumbs:

And then, because I'd saved some money, I went to the bakery and bought a HUGE box of meringues :eat::eat1:

Bought myself some lovely flowers today and they've really cheered me up :D What was even better was that they came up much cheaper than their price label at the till and when I pointed this out (I know, I know, I should learn when not to say anything :rolleyes:) the cashier said I could have them for the till price :thumbs: :thumbs:

And then, because I'd saved some money, I went to the bakery and bought a HUGE box of meringues :eat::eat1:

I always say if the price is lower, too! :lol:

No one's been positive for a while, it took me a while to hunt this thread down. I'm not feeling too positive, but I have had one good thing today I thought I would share because it's a real rarity (the thing, not me being positive... :shame:)

I had a letter in the post today from the Freedom Pass and Blue Badge people at my local council saying that they are renewing my pass without me having to reapply or complete any paper work. :thumbs: It's not even due for renewal until next year (though I was already panicking so glad this is one less thing to worry about). They've actually appeared to have the braincells to use their common sense and not make me go through lots more forms. Astonishing. :devil: It does mean me having to accept the underlying implications, that they clearly think I need it, not being able to drive etc. but impressed at their common sense. Not often things work without having to ask or fill in lots of forms.

That IS good news :)

I have had some good news from the Tax Credit people. They were paying me £7 a week, and I was worried this was a mistake and that I should not be paying me anything at all since I do not actually earn enough to pay any income tax. So I sent them a letter showing all my workings to explain my income for this financial year. I have now been awarded enough that it has taken the immediate pressure off getting a new job. It's a huge relief!

I have had some good news from the Tax Credit people. They were paying me £7 a week, and I was worried this was a mistake and that I should not be paying me anything at all since I do not actually earn enough to pay any income tax. So I sent them a letter showing all my workings to explain my income for this financial year. I have now been awarded enough that it has taken the immediate pressure off getting a new job. It's a huge relief!

That sounds good :thumbs: I really need to get my head round benefits etc. because I have no idea what a Tax Credit is. I've been kinda hiding from it as a student but it will be much easier if I can get things beginning and put into place now as far as possible before graduating next year. Whatever happens, I loose my uni security blanket next year and will have to face the world, so it would be sensible to make use of having a supportive health centre/GP etc now. I've been told today I'm going to need hospital treatment every fortnight for the rest of my life. It hasn't sunk in at all and I'm sure it will hit later, but the implications for working (and subsequently earning enough to live on) are one thing that cause anxiety.

1, Attended Nth Somerset Committee meeting and took down the minutes

2, ate at least 2 meals today

3, my cold is easing off

4, made pancake mix, cake and salmon pasta with home help in 2 hours!

Alexis

I wrote a bi-lingual haiku for my boyfriend earlier - so I'm feeling clever, romantic, lovey-dovey and generally happy!

The haiku in question...

Du bist wunderbar, ich liebe dich.

You are wonderful, I love you.

:D:)

Had a Child Protection meeting today, Social Services were told NOT to come back until they had something that met the criteria (and basically to stop wasting everybodys time!!)

And that a Mum that gets upset with her son for hurting her does NOT constitute Emotional Abuse in any way shape or form

Watched the SS walk out of the building with their tails between their legs and went for a lovely dinner with my very brave boy who told SS

"Most people would actually envy the relationship me and my Mum have when we arent fighting"

"I'm not jealous of my brother's relationship with my Mum, i'm jealous of my brother! Because everything is just so easy for him! He does really well at school, he makes friends really easily and hes just good at everything!!"

and the best one!!!!

"Thats a lie! You totally made that one up!"

He was so brave bless him!!! He didnt want to speak at all and was hidden in the corner with his back to everyone until they started saying nasty things about me....then he decided to join in! THATS MY BOY!!!!

My sister's plane landed safely despite the snow :thumbs: (and only 5 hours late...)

I've been freaking out all day about her sliding off the end of the runway :tearful: so I'm happier now.

I've been freaking out all day about her sliding off the end of the runway

Or falling through the ice, perhaps :lol:

I had a small joyful moment earlier -

Ben was watching 'Come Dine With Me' and suddenly said:

"Ummm :o - you can see her booby line"...

He now knows the correct term is 'cleavage' :lol:

Or falling through the ice, perhaps :lol:

I had a small joyful moment earlier -

Ben was watching 'Come Dine With Me' and suddenly said:

"Ummm :o - you can see her booby line"...

He now knows the correct term is 'cleavage' :lol:

They should make come dine with me after watershed :lol::lol:

i noticed rust on my bedroom radiator and didn't panic. Whilst reporting the problem i mentioned the issues ive had with other repair folk and the lady kindly offered to try and sort the problem out :thumbs:

It's taken nearly four years but today I managed not to make an excuse when invited out for lunch with the other students; I went out as part of a big group and had a great time and even joined in the conversation. :)

I opened up the shop by myself yesterday and I did not blow anything up, even though I did manage to open the WRONG red valve on the back of the dry cleaning maching when I turned it on and it had no water to cool it . . . I have no idea what the valve I did open does :lol:

I might also have blagged a few extra hours' work in the mornings, but I'm not sure if that will work out yet because I'm not willing to do quite exactly the hours they want me to.

I opened up the shop by myself yesterday and I did not blow anything up, even though I did manage to open the WRONG red valve on the back of the dry cleaning maching when I turned it on and it had no water to cool it . . . I have no idea what the valve I did open does :lol:

I might also have blagged a few extra hours' work in the mornings, but I'm not sure if that will work out yet because I'm not willing to do quite exactly the hours they want me to.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Great news.

Karen.

well done tally

my driving lessons are going well, did bay parking and turn in the road today with minimal difficulty.

Not just a positive day, a bl**dy fantastic day. :D:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I've just been told the new treatment the hospital have me on seems to be working and they've agreed funding to keep it going for another year even though it's really costly :thumbs: and my sister's just got her degree results and she got a first :first::clap: :clap: :clap:

One very happy Mumble :D :D :D:jester:

Not just a positive day, a bl**dy fantastic day. :D:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I've just been told the new treatment the hospital have me on seems to be working and they've agreed funding to keep it going for another year even though it's really costly :thumbs: and my sister's just got her degree results and she got a first :first::clap: :clap: :clap:

One very happy Mumble :D :D :D:jester:

:clap: :clap: excellent!!

:clap: :clap: excellent!!

Nice one, ive just had a good afternoon/evening out in bath.

Got the washing up and livingroom tidied, doesn't sound much but when you are constantly in pain and fatigued anything is a positive :thumbs:

Agreed nice one mate.