hev

my positive thread

Yesterday I did some phone calls and paperwork re SEN that I'd been putting off for ages. Today I'm baking an All Bran loaf and looking forward to eating it! :eat: Haven't baked in quite some time, so I must be feeling better.

Off to view some bungalows this evening, in a lovely little town by the sea :wub: Youngest dd loves the beach, so will be great if we find one suitable :thumbs:

Other positive, eldest dd started Brownies a few weeks ago, and is loving it :clap: She has also joined the band, embroidery and dance (after school clubs). I never thought she'd find any interest in after school clubs, but she is really enjoying herself :)

Today I'm baking an All Bran loaf and looking forward to eating it! :eat:

My guess is you'll be looking backward after eating it! :lol::lol::lol:

Another day of lovely sunshine...a bike ride into town...Ben finally trusted enough to try indicating a left turn (he crashed the first time last year and has only signalled right ever since!) and has overcome his fear :thumbs::thumbs: ...

Neil and Badonkadonk sitting in a tree.........

Listenin' to that track By Missy E.... ;):lol::thumbs:

Talking of scones (the fastest cake in the cake shop!)

Made some lovely scones today. Yum. :rolleyes:

~ Mel ~

Found some red onion and cheddar (I think) crouton-like snacks on offer in Tesco's yesterday... Naughty naughty (full of carbs!) BUT taste like stale cheese scones which are actually very naice :)

Another day of lovely sunshine...a bike ride into town...Ben finally trusted enough to try indicating a left turn (he crashed the first time last year and has only signalled right ever since!) and has overcome his fear :thumbs::thumbs: ...

I still find I wobble a lot when indicating right. (I'm left handed.) That reminds me should really get my bike out again.

Had a decent day today. As predicted Sunday Lunch was nice. Then went to the Cinema (already forgotten name of film I saw - oh well). Since been on here and had a good laugh at some of the posts between Hev and Baddad. Plus one or two others have come out of the wood work. ;) Back to school tomorrow. I have 5 hours of Year 9s to look forward to. All English, Maths or Science too. Starting with 3 hours of Maths with a single teacher. :rolleyes:

Ho hum hum. Mmmm. Eugh :sick: It appears red wine :wine: and penguins don't mix!!!!! :lol: (Or at least not in combination with 'I know what'll be a really good idea - I'll get off the bus a stop early and run up the hill') :lol:

I appear to be more than a little bouncy :bounce: and flappy now!!!! But I had a really good night (well, ok, a quite good night minus the meltdown, but even this turned out to be kinda positive :unsure: ). Went to the Autism Nation lecture - it was a really good evening, talked to Prof BC afterwards and also made contacts with three other fellow aspies who were all wonderful people and who all really understood me - hoping to meet up again - I have a list of emails - really needed this positive, and feeling much better about myself. :thumbs::thumbs:

Today we met ds2s possible new carer we're getting through Direct Payments and we both liked him. He's got lots of experience and took everything I told him in his stride, like he'd heard and seen it all before. Ds2 is very stressed at the moment but took to him straight away, so we're definitely going to have him now. Earlier we heard that the Direct Payments should be in place in a week or so's time, so I'm over the moon. Its taken so long to get the help we need, its one of the best things that's happened in years and will change things so much for us. Some technicalities to sort out and learn more about the paperwork and stuff but its almost done now. I still can't believe we've got it after all these years. :D

I brought a new kettle (thought the old one spitting out water from the base was probably not good.... :huh: )

I've managed to find a sparkle-tastic kettle!! :thumbs:

It glows bluuuuueeeeeeee and piiinnnnnnnkkkkkkk

wow! - :hypno::hypno::hypno::clap:

:rolleyes:

Visited a good friend of mine I haven't seen in a few weeks and it was lovely to have time to chat :D

She made me toast with REAL butter mmmmmmm. Sorry Clover, you're not a patch on the real thing :eat:

Ran four miles even though I didn't feel like it.

~ Mel ~

Police or Debt collectors? you must have been running away from someone, surely?

(and don't call me shirley!)

My positive? Ben did SARCASM today!

I asked him to run and post a letter for me as I'd forgotten to do it when I picked him up from school, as he went out the door I said, 'and don't get run over', he said 'if i do I'll send you a letter'... :thumbs::thumbs:

THEN he said 'From heaven - hahaha - if that's where I go hahaha

So three jokes, all on theme and all in context!! :wub::wub::wub: .

There may be trouble ahead, but right now I'm so PROUD!!!

And...... eating tea tonight he said 'sometimes the kids at school do really disgusting things'. I said, 'like what?' He said 'Well Lewis C burped and it smelt of chocolate 'cos he'd just been eating a mini-roll' :lol::lol::lol:

Police or Debt collectors? you must have been running away from someone, surely?

(and don't call me shirley!)

Hehe, no, no, the pesky postman had what looked suspiciously like a letter from the LEA for me, he just wouldn't quit. Shook him off in the end though.

~ Mel ~

I had a friend round and we went to the garden centre. She bought me some plants for my birthday which is coming up before I next see her and I love gardening! Best thing is, I found a variagated hydrangea, which has such pretty leaves and I'm assured its as hardy as the normal ones, so will do well in a difficult corner of the garden. Perfect gift, it'll last and make me happy for years to come :clap:

(Sorry if this is boring for some people but my garden is my escape place, I rarely get a chance to sit in it but doing the garden gives me an excuse to enjoy it while still 'working'. Looking out the window at the flowers all coming into life and blooming really cheers me up after a very depressing winter.)

lynda i wish i could get into gardening,i love looking at peoples gardens i think flowers are beautiful,nick does our gardening,its looking nice now

You should just start slowly, potter a bit here and there and if you're born to be a gardening addict, you'll just want to do more and more. :D For years and years the kids, especially ds2 wrecked the garden and all we could have was a lawn. We needed the lawn space anyway for things like a tent and slide. My love for gardening was mostly put aside til we moved to this house 12 years ago and I had a blank sheet to start on. The house was in a really bad state and the garden was just weeds waist high, so its evolved from then and it really does relax me and make me happy now. The other evening, it was almost dark and I was outside in the drizzle potting up my hanging basket because it was the first chance I had and I couldn't wait!

My positive thing is getting a Mr Men double DVD, boxed set which includes 24 episodes for just �5 in the WH Smith sale!!! Dd is 14 this time round but still loves Mr Men and its her birthday next month, so will make a lovely little extra present. Also treated myself to a gardening book, an A-Z of plants - huge, thick, good quality book, which should probably retail at about �30 was in the sale for �15 but went through the till at just �10! :dance: I love a bargain!

Recieved a cheap HD DVD addon for the 360 that I purchased off eBay. Also have Planet Earth on the way for it. Now just need a decent hi-def display. Using it with a 19" 4:3 PC LCD monitor at the moment (that rather defeats the point). Heard from NAS about Befriending and now have the dates for the training. Am on my way to Oxford tomorrow (hence won't be posting again till Sunday after tonights up :() to meet up with some of you lot on Sat. So far things have been better this week at school than last. Gotta go teas ready.

My positive thing is getting a Mr Men double DVD, boxed set which includes 24 episodes for just �5 in the WH Smith sale!!! Dd is 14 this time round but still loves Mr Men and its her birthday next month, so will make a lovely little extra present. Also treated myself to a gardening book, an A-Z of plants - huge, thick, good quality book, which should probably retail at about �30 was in the sale for �15 but went through the till at just �10! :dance: I love a bargain!

lynda do you know of any really simple beginners book for planting flowers and things for me and steve?hes been on about doing it but i havent got clue where to start?

OMG...love the bag, Lya!! :clap::clap::wub:

Boho :dance:

Don't know why I've posted twice, unless it's because it's such a fabby bag!!

Edited by bid

must say love i think the bag is well fab and summery,i need a new bag,got some nice shoes today for a fiver,bargain and a stripey top for six quid,love a bargain me!!

must say love i think the bag is well fab and summery,i need a new bag,got some nice shoes today for a fiver,bargain and a stripey top for six quid,love a bargain me!!

The bag is lurverly :wub: I change my handbags constantly, it's my weakness :whistle: My positive for today......eldest dd had a sleepover last night, and her guest is about leave :devil::lol: Peace :wub:

Baggy,

You have lots of sleepovers! Why dont we all down pile down your's for one massive sleepover sometime. I baggsy the blow up mattress! :thumbs:

My positive - I went out last night to watch a local band. I had a totally fab time and am still high as a kite! LOL we got lost in Byker .......... which isnt easy to do lol and ended up walking for ages to get to Newcastle city centre.

SV

i am easily pleased BD

:whistle:

It wasn't incredulity - I know how you laydeez can be over things like handbags!

It was my Lady Bracknell impression!

" A Handbag??????????????"

Good, isn't it? :D

It wasn't incredulity - I know how you laydeez can be over things like handbags!

It was my Lady Bracknell impression!

" A Handbag??????????????"

Good, isn't it? :D

I went to see an amateur production of The Importance of being Earnest a few weeks ago............It was excellant..........apart from the delivery of that particular line.......she just kind of mumbled 'a handbag?', it was a bit disappointing. however the rest of the play was fantastic!!

BD next time they do that production I'll nominate you for the Lady B part...........you can show them how its done!!

SV

Baggy,

You have lots of sleepovers! Why dont we all down pile down your's for one massive sleepover sometime. I baggsy the blow up mattress! :thumbs:

SV

Sounds good to me......wait till we are in the bungalow and bring a paintbrush :thumbs:

Guest Lya of the Nox

smiley i did not buy it off site

bought it in shop in town

and was wee bit cheapers lol

x

Went for a lovely bike ride into town, and then spent some money on new clobber for #1 son, as he's been growing AGAIN!!!!!!! :angry::angry::lol: It was the town with the big hills as mentioned in an earlier 'went for a bike ride' post, but this time he made a far better job of tackling them, making it almost 200 yards before whining 'My knees hurt' and ditching the bike in favour of me dragging them both up the hills along with all the new clobber and stuff! BOY was i ready for dinner! :D

Highlight was he found some new black and white check 'converse' stylee slip-ons which he absolutely adores. HAD to put them on in the store (as they do) and while watching me drag the bikes up the hill he managed to christen them in a dog-egg!

'Stupid dog! Why did it wanna do that there? Blummin things - I hate dogs....'

Absolutely spectacular rant that left me doubled over with laughter despite the twin ruptures from uphill bike lugging. Thankfully, it was all on the underside and easily cured with a few minutes grass rubbing; the tops remain pristine! (that last sentence refers to the shoe-poo BTW, not the twin rupture sites!)

Just checked, and he's completely crashed out face down on his bed in his daffy duck jim-jams :tearful::wub::wub: I love being a dad! :thumbs::clap::dance:

Most of the time ;)