oxgirl

OXFORD meet-up??!!

Almost packed now. Need to be so that I can rush straight from school to the station. Managed to get my dad to come to school so he can give me a lift from school to the metro station. Also got permission to leave school at the same time as the students. Will have 25mins to make it from Gateshead to Central Newcastle. Should be possible as Metro takes about 10mins. Just hope I don't have any problems! Well see some of you tomorrow.

OK...suggested plan of action!

We meet at 12 midday outside the Ashmoleum.

Then, as the weather is meant to be nice, what about a picnic lunch in Christ Church Meadows so that we can get to meet each other and make plans for the afternoon, and then round things off with a scrummy tea in a nice tea shop at the end of the day.

How does that sound??

Picnic...shall we buy food as suggested in the covered market, although I'm happy to bring some basics like bread, cheese and fruit...

DMB: I have his mobile number, so I'll give him a ring this evening to make sure he's all set.

Kathryn will be with me and i think maybe Suze too, and I have sent Suze my number. I will PM Barefoot, Fiorelli and Annie.

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Bidx

Oooooh...I shall be wearing startling aqua, blue and yellow sparkley wedgey sandals with matching bag!! :wub::clap:

Oooooh...I shall be wearing startling aqua, blue and yellow sparkley wedgey sandals with matching bag!! :wub::clap:

And trying very hard not to FLAP!!

If you're Aspie and you know it flap your hands

If you're Aspie and you know it flap your hands... etc...

Have a lovely day, all, and DON'T forget the camera.

Eat some med veg and feta for me, but if Annie does show up tell her where to stick the hummus! :o:o

Now, if you'd got this organised earlier I would have got Ben's 'badge-it' out and made you all name tags :D

L&P&lots of sunshine :thumbs::pray:

BD :D

Right, after going through everything and all the available options.....

I still don't know what I'm doing! :lol:

option 1

I meet Suze and bring her to my house... where bid and Katherine will come and we'll all sup coffee and natter for a bit before they go and meet the others.

option 2

I meet Suze in Oxford and we then meet up with Katherine and bid and all go and shop, coffee and chat.

Haven't a clue what I'll be wearing.... probably something that doesn't match!

bid and Suze... I will let you know by later this afternoon which of the options above are going to work for me. The decision is based on... What time I have to drop my dd off at her meeting place for the DofE training... and whether my babysitting arrangements for the boys will be possible.

Flozza :dance::bounce:

ok. ............I guess Bid will be the one flapping and I,ll be the one tapping and running very fast in small circles(and I,m not joking :rolleyes: ).............IAM VERY EXCITED............please forgive me everyone if I,m a bit exuberant tomorrow...........or on the other hand I could be exhausted from the train journey and very quiet I can be a bit extreme either way!...........I,ve got very stupid hair .....and duck feet ..(I,ll be wearing yellow shoes)..........so there you are ..................oh Baddders bet you wish you were coming now don,t you!!

oh Baddders bet you wish you were coming now don,t you!!

Course i do..... :whistle::whistle:

No, seriously I would LOVE to be there with you all, but as soon as I knew Ben's respite weekend wouldn't match up it wasn't an option... bless his cottons, he's a pretty cool kid, but spending all that time travelling just to sit with a bunch of over-excited adults all day really would see him struggling... :(

NEXT time though :thumbs::thumbs:>:D<<'>

L&P

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce: ................................................................................

the excitement is building!!!............................weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'll be there.

Crikey, haven't even thought about what I'm wearing - bound to be jeans, jumper, glasses, sand coloured jacket and if I don't find you lot I'll have to take my shoes and socks off and you can find me!

Barefoot

P.S. Weather forecast looks good.

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow - late decision, which is why I haven't posted here so far.

Look forward to seeing y'all! :dance::dance:

K x

Have a fabby time everyone - im sooooo jelous! :crying::lol:

I can't make it with my little monkey in tow - Herne Bay was a stretch for him :( .

New people, new place AND boring old Oxford ( :o;) ) and he would get very fed up!

>:D<<'>

off to the station NOW!!..............CAN PEEPS BRING PICCIES OF THEIR KIDDIES ............or is that a bit sad?? :rolleyes:

Edited by Suze

I'll be there :thumbs: . I have to get back, so it wont be all day for me, but I'll be there.

Annie

xx

Toting a bucket of Hummus and several strange looking sausages, no doubt! :devil::devil:

Have a lovely day, you lovely peeps, and a lovely picker-nick from your lovely picker-nick type hampers. Lots of photo's, please :thumbs:

:clap::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::clap:

Message for fiorelli...

They are all outside the Ashmolium now and are waiting until 12.30...

I've been asked to post so you know they DID wait!!

L&P

Well, we had the best day!! Weather absolutely garjuss :thumbs:

Kathryn and I drove to Oxford, then met Suze and Flozza at the station in the morning. Then a couple of hours of window shopping and coffees/hot chocs :clap:

Met the others on the steps of the Ashmolean...Barefoot overheard us mention Baddad and bravely introduced herself, and poor DMB was recognised by us en masse to a chorus of girlie squeals! :lol:

Waited half an hour for Fiorelli...Suze was the brave one and actually asked a couple of lone ladies if they were her!! :ph34r::lol:

DMB in charge of navigation, 'cos he had a map, and off we went...picnic lunch in Christ Church Meadows (absolutely idyllic), pottered round the covered market (DMB extremely tolerant !! :wub: ) then a river walk, and a cream tea to round the day off nicely :D:clap:

Thank you everyone for such a fabby day...it was lovely to meet up with old friends and make some new ones! :D:wub:

Boho :dance:

It was great to put faces to names - strange to have to get used to real names though!

When I overheard a gaggle of 'ladies' (using the term loosely, ha, ha) saying that so and so woud be jumping off the walls, I, at this point, naturally assumed they would be talking about their asd children - but no, they were talking about Baddad! At least I knew it was the right group of people!

Fantastic day out - thanks to all.

Love

Barefoot x

I'm delighted you had a fantastic day and enjoyed Oxford, as well as each other's company.

Did fiorelli make it or not? The suspense continues.

Next time, try punting on the Cherwell....see smiley, not boring at all!

Edited by Bard

oooooh it were great fun :clap:

Window shopping bid???? ahem.... Suze was buying stuff within 90 seconds of us hitting the shops :o:lol:

It was soooo much fun. I want to do it again... but this time I'll make sure it's a weekend when I don't have the children

The stars of the day were; DMB for remembering to bring a map, and annie's son for putting up with us all :thumbs:

Suze is hillarious, great fun.... and very bouncy :bounce: (I mean her personality :shame:

annie is a super giggler

bid floats along in her Boho style :dance:

barefoot wend was so friendly and nice and normal (not that I'm saying the others weren't normal :whistle:

Katheryn was the stabalising influence (but between me and the whole forum I think deep down she's a party animal, you can just tell :D

DMB apart from being exceptionally brave, was terrifyingly organised (thankfully, or we would have all been wondering round Oxford aimlessly under the misconception that one of us knew where we were going.... which I have to confess bid and I did to each other at least once! :lol:

annie's son was the cool dude plugged into his ipod B)

In addition to this rich mix of character and personality :rolleyes: the sun was shining and it was all in all a fabtastic day.

Thanks you all

Flozza >:D<<'>

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::groupwave::gather:brillday out, had an ace time.........thank golly goodness david navigator baker was there cos I,d still be looking for the train home now!!..............totally fab meeting everyone..........next meet up manchester in the summer..........whose up for that!

next meet up manchester in the summer..........whose up for that!

As long as the timing is right, you can put me down for a 'yes'. I've only ever been to Manchester once, and that was only to the airport! I remember driving past what looked like a retail outlet place with all these sort of statue things on the roof??? What is that? Haven't described it very well but I'm sure you'll know it Suze?

Floz X

Sounds awful...... glad i missed it...... End of the world? i've seen it - it was rubbish!

(Marvin the P.A.)...

Seriously, sounds marvelous and i'm very :tearful: and sulky..... NEXT time......

DMB - sounds like you had your work cut out m8. Head shops, sparkle-wear etc etc...

I heard you had a big one :o ...so when will they be developed then (or was it a digital?) :lol::lol:;)

L&P

BD (who isn't bouncy at ALL! I don't know - how do these rumours get started???) :D

Well everyone's said it all already: great weather, great location and great people! :):):dance:

Only joking BD and Smiley, it was awful, you'd have hated it. :P;)

Roll on Manchester! :thumbs:

K x

im sopleased you had a good time,wish i been there,then again i really talk a lot so perhaps not :rolleyes: its lovely tomeet every one isent it

I'd love to try and make Manchester, but can't say for defo until I know dates etc. :thumbs: ......but i have nothing even slightly sparkley in my wardrobe :tearful: ......I suppose I could try to jazz something up with abit of tinfoil :crying: