oxgirl

OXFORD meet-up??!!

Is anyone going with kids? I might convince M to go to the Ashmolean museum, but I'd hate to spoil the party if you guys are planning a break from the kids. :unsure:

Curra

Okay I am now booked to come down on the Friday and go back on the Sunday. Also booked into Oxford Youth Hostel for the weekend. Will have a bit of fun getting to the train station in time after school but should be okay. Might have to arrange to leave a few minutes early. I expect there shouldn't be a problem. See you all there. David. :D

Excellent...see you there!

Just to confirm, guys...

12 noon outside the Ashmoleum Museum.

Curra, I won't be bringing any kids but not sure about anyone else although all kids welcome...could we have a show of hands, please??

ETA: Thinking of staying at the YH that evening myself, so we could make a night of it!! :o:ph34r::dance::dance::dance:

Boho :D

Edited by bid

just to re-cap.......cos getting all anxious.......I,m not bringing my child as he does,nt want to come (thinks its sad).......I,m gonna be at the mauseleom( :unsure: ).......at 12.00pm......and hopefully on the train home at 6.00pm ish(TO GO HOME).................ok everyone else.......what about you . :unsure: ???????

em... think it's something like this...

Going to go into Oxford early with bid and meet Suze... go shopping :thumbs: , have a Paccachino Darling (circa Ab Fab) :D .... then to the Ashmoleum at 12.... then.... and this is where it gets a bit blurry...Maybe to the The Olde Mulche Cow for a few pints of Lumpy Scrumpy (circa the Batcave)..... and then home at some as yet undisclosed time..... :balloon:

Flozza :bounce:

ps.... I'm not bringing any of my children...they would not see the point in any of it.... they wouldn't like it at all.

Edited by Flora

Now just need to find where everywhere is in Oxford. If you happen to be around and see a Northener (who doesn't sound entirely Northen) wandering around lost say hi. Must remember to print of some maps showing the various locations at some stage. Anyone got any other suggestions of places that are worth going to in Oxford. I'm there till about 4:00PM on the Sunday, there all day on Saturday and arrive at about 9:00PM (from memory) on the Friday. :) All the best, David.

P.S. If you follow the link on my profile it goes to a picture of me. Will try and remember to pack one of my autism related books. :)

Well, please take me off the 'yes' list and put me on the 'no' list. :( Oxford if too far for me to leave my kiddie on his own. Maybe next time closer to Cornwall ...

I know you're all very sorry not to meet my little Angel, :lol: but you'll have a wonderful time just the same.

:gather:

Curra

Bid,

he says that he's still "thinking about it". That can take a looooong time. :whistle: I think it's better that you don't count me in. It's a pity I can't go without him. :(

Curra >:D<<'>

I'm with Curra as a no show I'm afraid. I don't see me bringing my kids to meet a load of grown ups, and I don't get to go out unless I've got them with me.

Hi All :)

I'm afraid it's doubtful that DH and I will be able to make this meet up. My mum is having our kiddies while we go to the Newcastle one the following week, and I feel abit cheeky asking her to have them the weekend before, especially as we'd have to stay overnight. DH is also working the 28th, so would have to arrange a day off, and he's starting in a new post next week.

If another is arranged alittle bit later in the year, we'd both love to come.

Hope everyone has a wonderful time :party:

Take care x

I look forward to seeing a few of you the week after in Newcastle. Hopefully the others I'll get an opportunity to meet sometime in the future. :)

meeting me david is an experience you will never forget :rolleyes:

I'm certain for Oxford too. I have it all booked up. Got an interesting timetable to get there though. Look forward seeing you.

EDIT: I can also be quite an experience. Especially if I'm in a strange mood. ;)

Edited by David Matthew Baker

awww darn it!!

The coach takes a million years to get there!!

I wish I had seen this before grrrrr why did I take time out!!

I dont have the money to book it right now wont be able to afford the later prices *cries*

I dont like driving on the motorway :(

Anyone driving past my way at all? Not sure what i'm going to do with my kids but finding someone to have the dog will be more difficult lol

I would love to come.....i'm gonna spend all day trying to figure this out now arghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Hi All,

Bumping this up because the meet-up is nearly here. It looks as though the numbers have dwindled a bit, so it might be a good time to see who's definately able to make it. I wont know until after the weekend if I can go.

If numbers are low, how does everybody feel about making a new date :wub::D .

Annie

xx

awww darn it!!

The coach takes a million years to get there!!

I wish I had seen this before grrrrr why did I take time out!!

I dont have the money to book it right now wont be able to afford the later prices *cries*

I dont like driving on the motorway :(

Anyone driving past my way at all? Not sure what i'm going to do with my kids but finding someone to have the dog will be more difficult lol

I would love to come.....i'm gonna spend all day trying to figure this out now arghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Anyone driving past my way too. :lol::lol: I need a lift too.!!!

:wub:

I would/could still go , but am quite willing to reschedule............what about David as he had booked accomodation??

I feel awful about this as I really want to come, my dilema is I am waiting to hear about a job if I am successful I will be working Sat & Sun mornings on a rota basis and I don't want to mess them about just as I start, I too am worried about David as I know he's booked his coach ticket. Think we need to sort this all out asap, perhpas another roll call is due so where know where we are at the mo.

Clare x

Edited by Clare63

Now that my mum's gone to the IOW I MIGHT still be able to make it for part of the day.

I'll keep you all posted.

Flo'

Yay!!

Looking more postive again! :clap:

So...

Me

David MB

Barefoot

Flora (for some of the time at least)

Suze??

Kathryn??

Annie??

ooooooooooohhhhhhhhh it sounds good!

Make sure you take some piccies I wanna see what our 'terrible teens' turned into!!

'N' poor ol' me and Ben Cinder's stuck in the batcave scrubbing... sigh... One day my prints will come......

:D

I'd love to come, but I won't know until Friday for definite.

Where and what time will you be meeting up and will you be moving on elsewhere (just incase I should be late!)?

Definitely meeting outside The Ashmoleum at midday...

Not sure what after that...was hoping someone more familiar with Oxford would suggest something! :lol:

Boho :dance:

That reminds me need to look up online where that is. Mind you the staff at the YHA I'm sure would let me know if I forget. More important is that I locate the YHA. Still think I'll leave that till another night. Better go to bed really. Have school tomorrow so can't lye in. Night all. :)

YH is in Botley Rd, very near the railway station. Point your noses east, and the Ashmolean is 5/10 minutes walk away in Beaumont St. Used to be my old stomping ground as a student many moons ago.

Buy food in the Covered Market, and if it's not raining, have a picnic in Christ Church Meadows.

If it is raining, Oxford is full of fantastic pubs that do food.

Enjoy!