Sign in to follow this  
Lufty

Upgrade to Forum Software

Dear All

As a result of an urgent security issue we have upgraded the forum software to the latest version.

Normally we always try to give users advance notice of any maintainence however in this particular case we were unable to give any advance notice.

The new version of the forum software has some major "look and feel" changes as well as lots of new functionality which will take you some time to get used to.

We would like to apologise for the lack of advance notice but I am sure you can appreciate the security and integrity of the forum is our paramount concern.

Kind regards

Lufty

For the forum admins

I think the new way looks great, I was bit suprised at first, but I like it, the attachments, can I put on Photos for others to see who are members, what can it be used for?

anyway I like the new softwear.

JsMum

woooooooow :lol::lol::lol:

Each time i click refresh - the forum looks different, lol!! (The active user list etc keeps shifting about)

I feel seasick, lol! :hypno::wacko::blink::sick::lol::lol:

woooooooow :lol::lol::lol:

Each time i click refresh - the forum looks different, lol!! (The active user list etc keeps shifting about)

I feel seasick, lol! :hypno::wacko::blink::sick::lol::lol:

Sorry to make you :sick:

I am currently :wallbash: to get the user lists in the right place lol

Lufty

Ahm gone, mannnn, solid gowwwwwaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn!! :thumbs:

Have you tried the Marvelous Magic Mushroom flavour yet? :hypno:

Don't try the 'Raspberry Rave' - it's full of E's :lol::lol::lol:

Hi Lufty,

Sorry, but the new 'blackness' of the print makes my eyes really hurt :(

Please could it go back to the way it was...also, on this thread everything seems to have been 'centred', and again it hurts my eyes :(

Sorry to be difficult...don't know if it's my sensory probs, but it's really making me feel quite sick :(:(

Bid

ETA: OK, this is scaring me now...everything has just gone back to normal!! :ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by bid

Hi Lufty,

Sorry, but the new 'blackness' of the print makes my eyes really hurt :(

Please could it go back to the way it was...also, on this thread everything seems to have been 'centred', and again it hurts my eyes :(

Sorry to be difficult...don't know if it's my sensory probs, but it's really making me feel quite sick :(:(

Bid

ETA: OK, this is scaring me now...everything has just gone back to normal!! :ph34r::ph34r:

Another one been on the gin! :lol::lol:

Hopefully NSWBRASAP, but I guess things will be a little changeable between now and then...

L&P

BD :D

Dear All

I have dealt with approximately 30 members so far who are unable to login to the new forum since the software upgrade.

If you are unable to login to the forum then please do not do any of the following :-

Go through the forgotton password routine as this will not fix the problem

Do not attempt to register again as a new user

Instead simply email admins@asd-forum.org.uk with the login that you use and we will reset your account for you.

A few members have been able to login but are unable to post. Please email admins@asd-forum.org.uk and we will investigate this for you as well although this is proving to be a more difficult problem to fix. If you experience this problem and are an AOL browser user then please try using another Internet Browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Firefox etc.

The admins are sorry for any inconvienence caused.

Lufty

For the Admins

Thanks for that lufty :notworthy::notworthy:

I've been getting a few e-mails from local mates who are hiting these types of problems, so will pass on this info in that way too...

If other members have friends who they contact outside of the boards too, perhaps we could get a bit of a round robin going?

L&P

BD :D

Sorry to ask for more Lufty, but please is it possible to set the PM tracking and 'logging as sent' as a default option again, rather than having to remember each time you PM??

Hope that makes sense, and realise you're very busy.

Bidx

Hi Bid

I have made the modification for you.

Regards

Lufty

Sorry to ask for more Lufty, but please is it possible to set the PM tracking and 'logging as sent' as a default option again, rather than having to remember each time you PM??

Hope that makes sense, and realise you're very busy.

Bidx

Uuuum Lufty,

the board keeps throwing me off it! :unsure: Every time I move to a new board or try to post I have an error message and have to log in again???

Is it just me? I promise I am being good :whistle:

A x

Uuuum Lufty,

the board keeps throwing me off it! :unsure: Every time I move to a new board or try to post I have an error message and have to log in again???

Is it just me? I promise I am being good :whistle:

A x

Ok just moved my clock to GMT +1 and seems to have sorted the problem. :oops: sorry!

A x

A few members have been able to login but are unable to post. Please email admins@asd-forum.org.uk and we will investigate this for you as well although this is proving to be a more difficult problem to fix. If you experience this problem and are an AOL browser user then please try using another Internet Browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Firefox etc.

The admins are sorry for any inconvienence caused.

Lufty

For the Admins

Im an AOL browser user and this is what happened to me. Now I can post using MSN.

Thanks, Lufty

Same here: could log in but not post - also AOL.

I had to ask my 9 year old how to get on to Firefox. :rolleyes:

The print looks slightly fainter and fuzzier - is it just me? I don't think my eyesight's deteriorated in two days! :unsure:

Thanks Lufty!

K x

Dear All

The problem with some members logging in appears to be fixed now.

The problem with AOL users is temporary fixed however this needs further investigation to find a longer term solution

The problem with sending PM messages to some users appears to be fixed as well

As always please let me know if you are experiencing any problems with the forum.

Kind regards

Lufty

Dear All

A beta (test) version of an update to the forum software has just been announced. I am hoping that this fixes the AOL problems and also the PM message count problem.

I will keep you posted but I am guessing it will be another month or so before it is complete and ready to install.

Regards

Lufty