Sign in to follow this  
Mumble

Spell Checker

I can't get the spell checker on the post page to work.

It keeps telling me to download something and I'm not sure which or how it works :unsure:

Any ideas anyone?

Hi mumble...

It may be that lufty hasn't 'bundled' this into the forum yet (lots of other stuff going on, poor beggar! :notworthy: ) and that it'll be working later...

having said that, IE Spell is a well known and useful product anyway as a 'standalone' (you can use it anywhere on the internet - not just here) so you may want to download it yourself... I used to have IE spell on my old PC, and you used it by right clicking in the text box - you may still have to use it that way before admin 'bundle' it in, but once it is bundled you'll be able to access from the usual icon above (if you can't immediately after install). You'll also find it on the task bar or 'tools' section of your main window browser (depending on browser) and it's handy to have around if you use outlook express and don't have the word or office spellchecker installed on your system!

Hope that helps

L&P

BD :D

Hi Mumble -

after all that, I thought the easiest thing was to install it again myself and see!

If you do exactly what the download link says, and install it then use the spellcheck icon above you get a one off request to 'enable the active x control' (or you will if your security settings match mine!) after that, just restart your browser and you are away, and you'll have IEspellcheck available in your main browser tools too...

One quick pointer - after download it is default for US English... run the spellchecker and go to 'options' and switch to UK English and click ok

L&P

BD :thumbs: