Sign in to follow this  
Mumble

Adobe Reader 7.0

I think I just broke my adobe reader - and I'm in the middle of getting articles for an essay I have to discuss at uni tomorrow - HELP!!!! :pray::pray:

I had a message telling me to update from 6.0 to 7.0 so I clicked OK and I now have adobe 7.0.

However, I can't open any articles directly from publishers' sites as I did with adobe 6.0 - I just get a message saying my web browser doesn't support the opening of PDFs. I can however right-click, save target as . . . and then open it from my docs using adobe 7.0, but this takes much longer and there aren't enough hours for me to complete my work as it is! :unsure::tearful::wallbash:

Any ideas how I can go back to adobe 6.0 - that worked fine, don't really know why it needed updating?

It could be that your firewall doesn't recognise it now (you'll need to allow it internet access in your firewall) or it could be that it's not enabled in your browser...

If you are using IE7 click on 'tools' then 'manage add-ons' then 'enable-disable add-ons' and check that AcroIEHlprObjClass is enabled by highlighting it and looking at the radio button below...

Hope that helps

L&P

BD

(If you DO go the re-install route you'd need to find Acrobat 6 on an old disc or something and remove acrobat completely, cos I don't think there's any way to 'roll back' versions.) :D

It could be that your firewall doesn't recognise it now (you'll need to allow it internet access in your firewall)

ok, I unfirewalled it and let it access always.

or it could be that it's not enabled in your browser...

If you are using IE7 click on 'tools' then 'manage add-ons' then 'enable-disable add-ons' and check that AcroIEHlprObjClass is enabled by highlighting it

Done - was already enabled

and looking at the radio button

Well I looked at my radio but it just stared right back at me and didn't offer any help at all ... :lol::lol:

It's still not working . . . :tearful::tearful::crying::crying::crying::crying: (but thanks for the ideas BD :) )

Have you restarted your computer since it updated.

Thanks David - it seems to be working now - and I'm feeling really silly.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Mumble_rocks - yeah, I was trying to think of doing something like that, but had no idea how! :unsure: