Sign in to follow this  
David Matthew Baker

Can you purchase a copy of PIVATS

The SENCO lent me the schools copy in a session yesterday and it looked interesting. Also seemed to be something that would be useful long term. Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase a copy or find all the information online.

For those who don't know PIVATS basically covers levels below the national curiculum level and through the curriculum levels to about 4. It then breaks down those levels into a series of targets for students to meet.

Thanks for the help, David.

Hi David,

I think I've seen it somewhere online - I'll try and find it again and let you know - unless someone else knows where to look.

K x

I asked today how much a set costs whilst at a course. One of the other TAs informed me they're �60 per set. May still consider getting one as for what I want to do longterm they'd be very useful. Yes I know all schools will have a copy but still makes it easier to refer to if I have my own. Also suggested I could ask school to order me a copy in I might inquire. Thanks for the link. About to look at it now. If it has everything it might save me some money.

Out of interest if anyone does have access to an upto date set what is included on the CD that now comes with it?

EDIT: Looked at link now. Has the basics but the folder breaks it down even further. Might photocopy a page and put up the info. as an example of what the folder contains. Looks like it might be another expensive purchase. All things that I think will make getting a job in the area I want easier in the long term though.

Edited by David Matthew Baker

Okay just found out I could buy a copy of PIVATS. Not sure if it would be worthwhile though as the new version costs �80. Found that information out from the following site which also seems to include quite a bit of information that might be useful: http://www.pscales.com/assessmentsupportmaterials.htm