Sign in to follow this  
oxgirl

I can't reply to a member's pm!?!?!

Hi out there, I received a pm from a member and I'm trying to reply, but it keeps telling me they're not listed as a member. Can anyone tell me how to sort this please??

Thanks a lot. :rolleyes:

~ Mel ~

I think it is a problem that has occured since the forum has been updated. I think there are a lot of people having this problem. I've certainly read about it a lot of times in posts. I expect the admin are presently trying to figure out what is wrong. The best way round it is probably to use email if possible in the meantime.

Oh okay, thanks David. I don't her email addy, but I guess I'll just wait. I hate to think that people are thinking that I'm ignoring them though, iykwim. :unsure:

~ Mel ~

It might be worth PMing or emailing the admin with exactly who you are having this problem with. Also have you tried PMing anyone else. It would probably help them to know if this is a localised or wider problem. I'll try PMing you and you can try replying to me I guess is one way to check. Will send PM in a second.

It might be worth PMing or emailing the admin with exactly who you are having this problem with. Also have you tried PMing anyone else. It would probably help them to know if this is a localised or wider problem. I'll try PMing you and you can try replying to me I guess is one way to check. Will send PM in a second.

Thanks, David, I just got your pm okay. I tried to send a reply, but it said you didn't exist!! :wacko:

~ Mel ~

Hi oxgirl -

I can't help on this one as it's a bit 'techie', but if they haven't picked up on it already i'll point admin this way...

The biggest problem with the new board generally seems to be some incompatabilities with certain browsers - i.e. AOL's, so if you are using AOL that might be it... you could try using Internet Explorer or Firefox...

anyways, off to send admin the heads up!

L&P

BD :D

Hi oxgirl

As Baddad has pointed out the main problems all seem to be related around browser incompatability and in particular the AOL browser.

Can you confirm which browser you are using and also which version.

Secondly can you pm or email me with the users you can not PM as this will help me locate the problem.

The AOL problem seems to be affecting most other forums using the latest version of forum Software.

Kind regards

Lufty

Lufty,

Could this be something to do with the "block" facility that seems to be a new addition?

It's just that looking at my profile today I discovered I had inadvertently blocked 3 members on my pm list - I don't know how: perhaps by accidentally clicking on the "block" next to their name in my inbox? It's not obvious this has happened until you go into the block list and see the names.

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Hi Kathryn

It is certainly worth checking whether a member has been accidentally blocked but there are some remaining problems with sending PMs to certain members.

They can be fixed on an individual basis but I need to know which members people are unable to PM.

Kind regards

Lufty

Lufty,

Could this be something to do with the "block" facility that seems to be a new addition?

It's just that looking at my profile today I discovered I had inadvertently blocked 3 members on my pm list - I don't know how: perhaps by accidentally clicking on the "block" next to their name in my inbox? It's not obvious this has happened until you go into the block list and see the names.

K x

Hi Lufty,

I've just checked my blocked list after reading this and have noticed that Kathryn is on it :o . I've deleted her from it and just sent her a pm and asked her if she could reply. I'll wait and see what happens :unsure: .

Annie

xx

Hi oxgirl -

I can't help on this one as it's a bit 'techie', but if they haven't picked up on it already i'll point admin this way...

Thanks a lot baddad, much appreciated. :thumbs:

The biggest problem with the new board generally seems to be some incompatabilities with certain browsers - i.e. AOL's, so if you are using AOL that might be it... you could try using Internet Explorer or Firefox...

Ooops, sorry, haven't a clue what this means! :rolleyes::ph34r::lol:

~ Mel ~

Hi oxgirl

As Baddad has pointed out the main problems all seem to be related around browser incompatability and in particular the AOL browser.

Can you confirm which browser you are using and also which version.

Secondly can you pm or email me with the users you can not PM as this will help me locate the problem.

The AOL problem seems to be affecting most other forums using the latest version of forum Software.

Kind regards

Lufty

Thanks a lot, Lufty. Sorry, though, I haven't a clue about these things and I really don't know about browsers and stuff! :wacko: I'll ask my hub, see if he can point me in the right direction. :ph34r:

~ Mel ~

Hi Oxgirl

You should be able to PM David now :thumbs:

Lufty

Thanks a lot, Lufty. Sorry, though, I haven't a clue about these things and I really don't know about browsers and stuff! :wacko: I'll ask my hub, see if he can point me in the right direction. :ph34r:

~ Mel ~

The only reason she tried PMing me in the first place was to see if it was more widespread. I guess from that my account had a problem too. Not sure if you will have noticed this but TheNeil mentioned that he couldn't PM Mumble in 'My positive thread':

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE(Mumble @ Mar 28 2007, 10:05 PM)

Wow! Congratuations Hmm - what word am I allowed to use?

So what did you do in place of beating him up? Let me guess, the house brick just 'accidentally' slipped out of your hands!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He made an eloquent little speech about how AS displayed itself, how it affected people and all the rest of it. I then did a little speech of my own that totally contradicted everything he'd just (Aspies don't have a sense of humour indeed tsk, tsk, tsk)

BTW Tried to send you a PM but the forum is playing up - you 'don't exist'

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...80&start=80

Hi Oxgirl

You should be able to PM David now :thumbs:

Lufty

Thanks very much again, Lufty. I'm trying to reply to a pm from louxx and it keeps telling me she doesn't exist!! :wallbash: Would be ever so grateful if you could sort it for me.

Ta. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Mel,

I had exactly the same when I tried to PM a particular member, but I did get a reply, so although it said member not recognised, the PM must of been sent. There was no record of the PM's at all either (I'd sent a few, trying to test if it was working). It could be that your PM has been sent too :)

Edited by Bagpuss

Hi Lufty,

I've just checked my blocked list after reading this and have noticed that Kathryn is on it :o . I've deleted her from it and just sent her a pm and asked her if she could reply. I'll wait and see what happens :unsure: .

Annie

xx

Just checked mine - i had two in there! Didn't even know there was a block function :oops:

:rolleyes::lol:

Mel,

I had exactly the same when I tried to PM a particular member, but I did get a reply, so although it said member not recognised, the PM must of been sent. There was no record of the PM's at all either (I'd sent a few, trying to test if it was working). It could be that your PM has been sent too :)

Oh, thanks Bagpuss, that's even more confusing, isn't it! Haha, she's probably got it about ten times then, 'cos I kept trying it again and again!! :whistle:>:D<<'>

~ Mel ~